Met Des Howard last week and...

BeachCanes

Sophomore
I live in Miami and Des Howard is one of my firm's clients. Did not directly work with him but as he was passing by I semi-jokingly mentioned they need to show the Canes more love on College Gameday. He then looked at me as if I was crazy and mentioned he picked them to be in the CFB playoffs.

Also said he has the Canes over FSU simply because Frenchie is out and acknowledged he is one tough quarterback.

Just posting in case anyone didn't know he had us in the CFB playoffs (I had no idea to be honest). Very nice guy too!

Advertisement
Cool. He comes off as at least fair and not having an agenda. When asked who are the most dominant/gamechanging type of college players you remember from growing up- Desmond Howard and Rocket Ismail always come to mind for me. After some Canes, of course.

Last edited:
I like Des. Dude comes off pretty authentic. I am not sure about Kirk being a Miami fan for a while though. He is fairly objective, but Miami fan... not really. Des on the other hand seems to be a legit fan.

Des, Kirk and the Bear all show love for Miami. This perception that we don't get love is not true.

Advertisement
Given our results the last 10 years or so, I would say we get way too much love.

Tough to hate on Des or Herbie.

Their allegiances are obviously elsewhere, but they at least are fairer than most media talking heads.

Des must feel like he can't win no matter what.

He picks the Canes to be in the playoff and beat FSU yet a Canes fan gets on his case.:sneakiness:

Advertisement
Advertisement
He lives in So FL. If our secondary puts a good game together we should win alot of games. We are one of the best teams running the ball and defending the run. You can give up some yards through the air and win alot of games anyway. I feel we'll get it corrected this week though. The hurricane messed things up and Toledo was good practice for Duke.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

21Eiqck.jpg

Advertisement
Tough to hate on Des or Herbie.

Their allegiances are obviously elsewhere, but they at least are fairer than most media talking heads.

I have no problem disliking Herbstreit.

He's a fraud.

Historically he has been biggest Miami supporter from ESPN. He went to Ohio St but remember he moved his family from Ohio to Tn because of treatment from their fans

Advertisement
Back