Met CMRicht tonite

Rick’s biggest mistake by far was bringing Manny here and setting us back another decade +. I can forgive him for the dumpster fire offense and the pathetic special teams play. However hiring Manny I knew it would be near impossible to get rid of this guy and it’s turned out to be even worse than originally thought.

This has to be the dumbest post I’ve ever read here.

Advertisement
As soon as our new coach starts stinking the bed this board gets backup qb syndrome and starts praising the prior loser
Like clockwork. The guy was a failure, and the program was circling the drain at lightspeed at the end of his run.

These dopes forget the mummy Rick hired Sal Bando and his barback as Co-DC after Manure flung himself on Temple for an hour.

Advertisement
We will always have the FSU games and, most importantly, Norte Dame. I will never forget that night.

He still should fired his son and Jesus.

Like clockwork. The guy was a failure, and the program was circling the drain at lightspeed at the end of his run.

These dopes forget the mummy Rick hired Sal Bando and his barback as Co-DC after Manure flung himself on Temple for an hour.

Barback lol. Good ****

- Got the IPF built
- Won us our first Coastal title ever since joining the ACC
- Won us our first bowl game ever in a decade
- Gave us our first 10 win season since 2003
- Beat FSU after having a 7 year losing streak to them
- Beat Notre Dame for first time since 1989

No Richt wasn't a great HC & didn't win us the ACC or a natty, but he did more for us than the previous 3 HC's & had he hired a Spread OC from the jump he would've won a great deal more here.

He made plenty of misjudged mistakes, starting with making his 25 year old (at the time) son the QB's coach, recruiting a bunch of kids in Perry, Weldon & Williams who were knucklehead fck ups that valued getting high more than being great QB's, hiring Seashells as OL corch & not hiring a Spread OC to run this offense. He also made a huge mistake pushing Kaaya out the door prematurely & hired too many green coaches on Defense that can't recruit. And that god forsaken Onside kick vs UVA smh... Still can't believe he did that.

But, with all that said, Pastor Richt wasn't a bad dude at all & did help us regain some relevance after the 5 year embarrassment of the Folden era. Yes he made mistakes & cost us some winnable games, but he was solid coach for us, he doesn't really deserve to be bashed by fans, especially when you line him up next to Shannon & Folden.

It can be debated whether or not he should've even been hired after being fired at UGA & Miami ending up being his final back 9 before retirement, but even in that case, he doesn't deserve to be bashed imo.

Good points, but even this should be stepped up a notch, seems like many forgot, coach richt won the national coach of the year award, immediately brought back the 4-3 defense, and upgrading the talent on the roster. When we talk about bowl game wins, UM has won 1 bowl game in about a 17 year span. How many freshman all everything did he bring, got njoku into a 1st round draft pick, the 3 year impact coach richt had at UM was far greater than people try not yo give him credit for!

Spoke at our awards ceremony bc we transported him to hospital when he had his Cardiac.
Lookin slim and was super nice.
Joked with my coworkers was gonna give him the biz for JR.
Threw him the U when I presented my division's awards.
Cool dude and I got to thank him for what he did for the U.
Didn't wanna bug for pics.
Don't care, thank god he's gone

Advertisement
He gave 1 million of his own $$ (Tax write off)...while others Donated 40+ more million...but he gets Credit??....Does he get the same credit for atrocious play calling from his assistants and himself in 17 and 18???..or Nah??...How bout Credit for his evaluations of recruits and staff??...smfh
Million bucks isn’t easy to hand out even if it is a tax write off. I would like some credit if I ever do. That is a plus for Richt. He gets negatives for a bunch of stuff. But that doesn’t mean you don’t give him props when due.

Football players gave about 2 million. I wouldn’t go through the list and start taking credit away because a player screwed up a play. No credit for x player because he dropped y pass in z game.

I am going to put you on ignore because your thoughts are too simplistic. Good luck.

He was not a good coach...gotten the right coaches to follow him??...Lol...follow what??....The Garbage coaches Richt hired and then got raises for ineptness??...Gotcha

Cool. What was your win percentage in the SEC?

Advertisement
We’ve been so bad for so long that a coach that did diddly squat like Richt actually looks like a good coach to you people. He was terrible. Just bc he was better then the total abominations we’ve had does not mean be was good. I’ll never get over him having Jon Richt as QB coach.

Giving Richt the thumbs up for that Notre Dame game, best win most fun night in 16 years of mediocre second rate football games!

Advertisement
- Got the IPF built
- Won us our first Coastal title ever since joining the ACC
- Won us our first bowl game ever in a decade
- Gave us our first 10 win season since 2003
- Beat FSU after having a 7 year losing streak to them
- Beat Notre Dame for first time since 1989

No Richt wasn't a great HC & didn't win us the ACC or a natty, but he did more for us than the previous 3 HC's & had he hired a Spread OC from the jump he would've won a great deal more here.

He made plenty of misjudged mistakes, starting with making his 25 year old (at the time) son the QB's coach, recruiting a bunch of kids in Perry, Weldon & Williams who were knucklehead fck ups that valued getting high more than being great QB's, hiring Seashells as OL corch & not hiring a Spread OC to run this offense. He also made a huge mistake pushing Kaaya out the door prematurely & hired too many green coaches on Defense that can't recruit. And that god forsaken Onside kick vs UVA smh... Still can't believe he did that.

But, with all that said, Pastor Richt wasn't a bad dude at all & did help us regain some relevance after the 5 year embarrassment of the Folden era. Yes he made mistakes & cost us some winnable games, but he was solid coach for us, he doesn't really deserve to be bashed by fans, especially when you line him up next to Shannon & Folden.

It can be debated whether or not he should've even been hired after being fired at UGA & Miami ending up being his final back 9 before retirement, but even in that case, he doesn't deserve to be bashed imo.
"Seashells" :ibis-roflmao-sm3:

My wife met CMR a year ago
IPF was going up regardless...Stop it...

Yes CIO for sure.......But when?

Remember how many here were saying that they would NOT contribute to it?

Remember how painfully slow the pennies were trickling in?

Many Miami fans hate to admit it...but some give nickels as if they were going thru the trouble of giving a manhole cover

You gotta admit that his contribution sped things up quite a bit

Last edited:
I know this is a troll post. But what did Richt do for Miami that was really that great? He was better than Diaz, which isn’t saying a lot.
Mark is a Cane brother and that frigging matters. If all he did for the program was to leave without that big check then it was enough for praise. I wanted Butch, not Mark but it is not his fault that our administration doesn't want to win. Had they hire Butch, Mark would have ended someplace like Maryland and been fine. Hire his kid was stupid St Bobby move but now we have a full-fledged frigging Nole as HC. Trust me Manny will not think one second of sparing the program $$$ when the need for him to leave is so clear that even his daddy starts flying a banner. He will suck every penny he can.

He quit. He knew he was shot. It would be a rare contact that would entitle a coach who quits to a buyout.
I made this same comment but was told by the CIS college football contract experts, that I didn't know how contracts work.
So, I guess I'm not the only one who thinks when a coach quits, thus breaching their part of said contract, they aren't owed millions left on said contract.
He was a good man and a decent coach but constantly getting praised for not "handcuffing" the school by "taking" upwards of 20 million dollars for quitting, is hysterical.

Advertisement
Back