Met CMRicht tonite

I know this is a troll post. But what did Richt do for Miami that was really that great? He was better than Diaz, which isn’t saying a lot.

The IPF. He gave $1,000,000.00 of his own money and was a major force behind the rest, along with the rest of the facilities. He is a major reason Miami can finally compete against the other colleges from a facilities standpoint.

Advertisement
It was not still going up. Richt pressed for the IPF to be built during negotiations as well as more money in the assistants salary pool. If we hired some group of five head coach, the IPF would have never been built.
Yes it was Mr Hecht Shill....Stop the Nonsense....

The IPF. He gave $1,000,000.00 of his own money and was a major force behind the rest, along with the rest of the facilities. He is a major reason Miami can finally compete against the other colleges from a facilities standpoint.
He gave 1 million of his own $$ (Tax write off)...while others Donated 40+ more million...but he gets Credit??....Does he get the same credit for atrocious play calling from his assistants and himself in 17 and 18???..or Nah??...How bout Credit for his evaluations of recruits and staff??...smfh

Was a good coach a good man here. Ran out of gas and the wheels came off at the end, but did more in that span for us than anyone in 15 years. Put us in a position to be relevant again had we gotten the right coaches to follow him

He really wasn’t a good coach here.

the difference between richt and golden... richt faced the worst FSU team in memory while al faced the best.

other than that they were mirror image. Al couldn’t get D right and Mark the O. Both failed because of sheer stubborn misplaced arrogance.

Last edited:
5 NCs Won...practicing on a Single Practice field...with below average at best Weight room...Beating NC opponents who had Absolute State of the Art facilities (some NFL Worthy).....Finally get IPF to compete with the "Big Boys"....and get Punched in the Mouth by FIU..........

Advertisement
- Got the IPF built
- Won us our first Coastal title ever since joining the ACC
- Won us our first bowl game ever in a decade
- Gave us our first 10 win season since 2003
- Beat FSU after having a 7 year losing streak to them
- Beat Notre Dame for first time since 1989

No Richt wasn't a great HC & didn't win us the ACC or a natty, but he did more for us than the previous 3 HC's & had he hired a Spread OC from the jump he would've won a great deal more here.

He made plenty of misjudged mistakes, starting with making his 25 year old (at the time) son the QB's coach, recruiting a bunch of kids in Perry, Weldon & Williams who were knucklehead fck ups that valued getting high more than being great QB's, hiring Seashells as OL corch & not hiring a Spread OC to run this offense. He also made a huge mistake pushing Kaaya out the door prematurely & hired too many green coaches on Defense that can't recruit. And that god forsaken Onside kick vs UVA smh... Still can't believe he did that.

But, with all that said, Pastor Richt wasn't a bad dude at all & did help us regain some relevance after the 5 year embarrassment of the Folden era. Yes he made mistakes & cost us some winnable games, but he was solid coach for us, he doesn't really deserve to be bashed by fans, especially when you line him up next to Shannon & Folden.

It can be debated whether or not he should've even been hired after being fired at UGA & Miami ending up being his final back 9 before retirement, but even in that case, he doesn't deserve to be bashed imo.
And one fans don’t mention is we had the longest win streak in cfb at 15 straight games

It was not still going up. Richt pressed for the IPF to be built during negotiations as well as more money in the assistants salary pool. If we hired some group of five head coach, the IPF would have never been built.
lol plans were drawn way before richt was a glimmer in your eye.

great man. great leader. great coach for us. he would have gladly taken a picture with you. he gave us a glimpse into what it is like to win and beat ND on a national stage. even greater man for realizing his time was done and resigned in dignity and took not a penny more...

oh yeah he woulda. I dont do the selfie thing and post to innertoobs. thx to Michael Froomkin.

Rick’s biggest mistake by far was bringing Manny here and setting us back another decade +. I can forgive him for the dumpster fire offense and the pathetic special teams play. However hiring Manny I knew it would be near impossible to get rid of this guy and it’s turned out to be even worse than originally thought.

Last edited:
Advertisement
great man. great leader. great coach for us. he would have gladly taken a picture with you. he gave us a glimpse into what it is like to win and beat ND on a national stage. even greater man for realizing his time was done and resigned in dignity and took not a penny more...
Mark Richt was burnt out from Georgia and their fans thinking those teams are the best because of high school ratings.

He might have had enough of the fans of Miami stalking him; Like how different users on this website will stalk all these kids social media accounts. Someone on this website posted a instagram picture of Jarren Williams looking at his phone, instead of watching the ncaa playoffs.. Literally claiming he sucks aka he's one of the biggest reasons for the losing record.

Too many insecure grown adults & junior varsity water boy super nerds acting like "They" know everything.

Mark Richt was burnt out from Georgia and their fans thinking those teams are the best because of high school ratings.

He might have had enough of the fans of Miami stalking him; Like how different users on this website will stalk all these kids social media accounts. Someone on this website posted a instagram picture of Jarren Williams looking at his phone, instead of watching the ncaa playoffs.. Literally claiming he sucks aka he's one of the biggest reasons for the losing record.

Too many insecure grown adults & junior varsity water boy super nerds acting like "They" know everything.
Now that's a dose of reality.....

Advertisement
Advertisement
No. Did u see the 2019 season?
Think ya missing the point. He stated his own post was a troll post. Full stop. I said nothing about the rest of his post.

To be clear, I would have fired Manny after FIU. I am a season ticket holder. I am a booster. FIRE MANNY circa12/19. That said, I am interested in how Lashlee does. I am not a robot slurpper nor a robot mope. I think on my own. Aaarrgghhh

The level of stupidity on this board sometimes outweighs its fun. But it is fun.

Rick did nothing of note here. He was paid a boatload of money and delivered nothing. When your finest hour as coach is quitting and not robbing the school of another wad of cash, then you puked on yourself. I have a decent memory of him only because he quit.

Some of you fellas remind me of the old Chris Rock bit on dudes looking for props for doing anything they’re supposed to do. “I take care of my kids!” Rick took $20M in a short time here and barely managed to do what he was supposed to do a few times. Major flop.

As soon as our new coach starts stinking the bed this board gets backup qb syndrome and starts praising the prior loser

Rick’s biggest mistake by far was bringing Manny here and setting us back another decade +. I can forgive him for the dumpster fire offense and the pathetic special teams play. However hiring Manny I knew it would be near impossible to get rid of this guy and it’s turned out to be even worse than originally thought.

This is an absolutely asinine perspective. Yeah, Manny was a disappointment last season as head coach, but what he did for our defense as a coordinator following the parade of incompetence that was Mark NoD'offrio cannot be written off. Richt's biggest mistake had nothing to do with the defense, it was believing he had enough in the tank to take over the program in the first place. Then, that was followed and made worse by believing he could call the plays, too, and putting his son in charge of the most critical position on the team.

- Got the IPF built
- Won us our first Coastal title ever since joining the ACC
- Won us our first bowl game ever in a decade
- Gave us our first 10 win season since 2003
- Beat FSU after having a 7 year losing streak to them
- Beat Notre Dame for first time since 1989

No Richt wasn't a great HC & didn't win us the ACC or a natty, but he did more for us than the previous 3 HC's & had he hired a Spread OC from the jump he would've won a great deal more here.

He made plenty of misjudged mistakes, starting with making his 25 year old (at the time) son the QB's coach, recruiting a bunch of kids in Perry, Weldon & Williams who were knucklehead fck ups that valued getting high more than being great QB's, hiring Seashells as OL corch & not hiring a Spread OC to run this offense. He also made a huge mistake pushing Kaaya out the door prematurely & hired too many green coaches on Defense that can't recruit. And that god forsaken Onside kick vs UVA smh... Still can't believe he did that.

But, with all that said, Pastor Richt wasn't a bad dude at all & did help us regain some relevance after the 5 year embarrassment of the Folden era. Yes he made mistakes & cost us some winnable games, but he was solid coach for us, he doesn't really deserve to be bashed by fans, especially when you line him up next to Shannon & Folden.

It can be debated whether or not he should've even been hired after being fired at UGA & Miami ending up being his final back 9 before retirement, but even in that case, he doesn't deserve to be bashed imo.
**** Liberty laid it out bare. If you don't realize Richt left us better then he got us you are an idiot . AND HE LEFT WHEN HE KNEW HE WAS HURTING US AND DIDN'T TAKE AN EXTRA DIME !!! THAT IS LOVE FOR THE U! I have more respect for him doing that then almost any coach ever . Glad he left as we needed a modern coach and offense and I think we have both now but boy do I respect that man and know he loves the U.

Advertisement
Back