Mesidor grades out as best defensive player…

Advertisement
Got to imagine Mesidor will bounce to the NFL after this season if he keeps balling, not sure if he has any emotional ties to this program to return next season.

Not sure he would grade well. He is undersized DT and not quick enough for DE. Really good college player but I don’t see elite pro talent that would make him leave early. He would be 5-7th rd pick or undrafted.

Advertisement
Not sure he would grade well. He is undersized DT and not quick enough for DE. Really good college player but I don’t see elite pro talent that would make him leave early. He would be 5-7th rd pick or undrafted.
Vinny Curry type? He played on the Eagles, now with the Jets. Too small for DT, not that quick at DE, but he carved out a nice role and career. That could be Mesidor's ceiling.

Vinny Curry type? He played on the Eagles, now with the Jets. Too small for DT, not that quick at DE, but he carved out a nice role and career. That could be Mesidor's ceiling.

Yeah and if that’s the case staying 1 more year doesn’t help his draft grade. He kinda is what he is. Hope he stays but wouldn’t be surprised to see him leave either

VT (and I said this all week) is possibly the worst P5 team in the country, so let's not go sucking each other off just yet, BUT.....that was easily the best defensive performance of the year.

Only 257 yards allowed, barely 4 yards per play (4.08 to be exact), a first-half shutout. Maybe at least something to build on and give the coaches some confidence going forward.

Really excited to see how well they contain Duke. Believe it or not, the Blue Balls Devils are 30th in the country in YPP. They run a lot of plays, and they gain a lot of yards. Aside from the stinker 2 weeks ago in Atlanta, they've been really good. However, they haven't faced a defense with anywhere close to the athletes we have. I'm interested to see how the defense fares this weekend.

Advertisement
Advertisement
1666035950776.png

D Line next year could be a huge difference maker as we likely have some young guys in the LB/DB area.

Esp if some of the young DL continue to progress and put on some weight. Moss and Kelly could make our Edge that much better.

Advertisement
You cant ask for a better starting DL than Kelly-Jackson-LT-Mesidor going into 2023. Thats a UM caliber DL from the 80s and early 90s. Big Joe cant F this up.

Unless a scout tells him due to his physical makeup, his draft status wont really change much by staying..I see no reason why he would declare.

Now a guy like Harvey I do think should leave. Hes had a good season and will have some good film. He gains nothing by staying and battling Ny Kelly for that other DE spot. He would be a nice 3-4 OLB in the right system.

Advertisement
Back