Memphis showing how it is done.

People don't understand this for some reason. Norvell will have to go to FSU and change their entire culture and re-build that program. He didn't have to do that at Memphis. He has the personality of a JV Football coach and will struggle big time controlling the current players and recruiting elite players. We're gonna have a lot of disappointed "Miami fans" when FSU sucks worse than us next year.
People just don't understand how big a problem a rotten culture is. You need to burn it down completely and rebuild it. FSU won't allow a coach to burn it down and start all over.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Good season from them but Norvell is far from a homerun at FSU. Just remember a month and half ago even Diaz and Enos put a beat down on FSU. That won't be an easy fix.

Miami has the same culture problem. It is very difficult for the incumbent to all of a sudden retract what they created. I pray Manny has a plan but the rumblings regarding who is getting fired tell me no

Advertisement
FSU will be a monster
UF will continue to dominate.
UM will burn bright as the dumpster fire they are.
It's truly heart breaking

Advertisement
It's his 4th year there.
No coach before him has ever won more than 10 games.
He just won 12.
Their starting QB was signed by Norvell at ASU.
He got him to transfer there.
Their top WR was signed by Norvell as H
Their top RB was signed by Norvell as HC.

But yeah 4 years after Fuente left he's had more success than he ever had and just lucked into 12-1, I guess.

Yep. Norvell made that program better than it was.

Even people using the 'Fuente built it' argument aren't bright enough to realize that even in that scenario: Norvell maintained a very strong program (which he didn't. He made it even better) and maintaining a strong program is harder than building one up.

Advertisement
Back