Memphis OC Dillingham: Do with this what you will

Advertisement
So, who takes credit for the Memphis offense under Paxton Lynch (couple years ago)? Was it the head coach at VT (I believe), or was it really this guy?

Anyone got the google skills?

Norvell is the "primary" play caller.

I have not once on this thread said otherwise. Quote me where I said Norvell does NOT call the plays and Dillingham DOES call the plays. Do it, *****.

You needs to back your self off the ledge if you get so intimidated on a msg board that you resort to under handed threats. Take a Xanax and chill.

Advertisement
1) No one evaluated him much early because he had a bad jr year. And was a late bloomer.

2) Even still Canes, who we know don’t give out offers often, offered him in November, of 2016! That means they were evaluating/recruiting him from his sophomore year.

3) Sits was everyone’s favorite (coaches, fans, recruiting sites) player until he got eaten alive by IMGs schedule. Everyone got him wrong.

I get your venom but Google says otherwise.
he also pulled in Rozier and Sherriffs. So there's that.

Rosie was just there for Depth (same class as Kaaya, and he wanted to play baseball here also). Even then, when Rosie played (for Coley) he didn't even watch film and still looked prepared to play against Duke. Sheriffs was probably the worse eval ill admit. But even with Sheriffs, that was a case of none of the QBs that year really wanting to commit to us after Kaaya looked like the 2nd coming of Blaine Gabbert his freshman year. In addition, Sherrif's only game time was like 8 snaps in this trash offense. All 8 of which he looked clueless I'll admit.

Coley was ok at scripting the first couple of series but was useless once the opposing defense made adjustments.

Hard to say if his adjustments sucked.

I have a theory about our James Coley offense that Coley could scheme up some nice plays but would save them and only use them sparingly. It would explain how we would score at will with explosive plays while we were here, then jump back into simple play calls once it appeared that we could move the ball without the tricky plays. He had a decent amount of counters, reverses, and veers that put Duke/freshman Coley in space. That RB pass was actually schemed up well, and I'm sure he had that play practiced for more than just the bowl game and said "**** it we won't be here anyways" before running it under an interim head coach In a blizzard.

Rosie was just there for Depth (same class as Kaaya, and he wanted to play baseball here also). Even then, when Rosie played (for Coley) he didn't even watch film and still looked prepared to play against Duke. Sheriffs was probably the worse eval ill admit. But even with Sheriffs, that was a case of none of the QBs that year really wanting to commit to us after Kaaya looked like the 2nd coming of Blaine Gabbert his freshman year. In addition, Sherrif's only game time was like 8 snaps in this trash offense. All 8 of which he looked clueless I'll admit.
Rosier was a Golden recruit. Sherriffs was last minute recruit, being that we didnt have Richt till the first week of December or a coaching staffing till around christmas. Nearly impossible to find a QB late and doubly difficult to find a diamond in the rough while putting together staff and starting scratch. Not excuses just facts.

Rosier was a Golden recruit. Sherriffs was last minute recruit, being that we didnt have Richt till the first week of December or a coaching staffing till around christmas. Nearly impossible to find a QB late and doubly difficult to find a diamond in the rough while putting together staff and starting scratch. Not excuses just facts.

Nah bro you're tripping. Kaaya was C/o 2014 with Rosier, yes, both golden recruits. Sherriffs was also a Golden recruit, from the 2015 class. Which is why I said I'll admit it was a bad eval from James Coley.
Idk if you remember, but when Richt took over for Miami, it was the end of the 2015-2016 season, and the SWAG 16 class had Jack Allison and N'kosi Perry already committed for 2017 class. Perry de-committed after Al Golden was fired, and Jack stayed committed then re-affirmed when we hired Richt. Richt continued to pursue Perry as our QB and obviously got him to recommit.

Advertisement
Advertisement
USC is a **** show with issues on both sides of the ball and a HC that was thought to be fired this year. His agent is just creating urgency for other better opportunities

End of the year meetings haven't happened between Blake and Richt so I guess everything is up in the air. I can tell you that Searles will probably be coming back.

Advertisement
52D72EBA-D187-4711-9372-C67672A52971.jpeg

The one coach that can save this program

1) No one evaluated him much early because he had a bad jr year. And was a late bloomer.

2) Even still Canes, who we know don’t give out offers often, offered him in November, of 2016! That means they were evaluating/recruiting him from his sophomore year.

3) Sits was everyone’s favorite (coaches, fans, recruiting sites) player until he got eaten alive by IMGs schedule. Everyone got him wrong.

I get your venom but Google says otherwise.

who the **** told you this? People were questioning him from the jUMP...He had pedestrian jr year numbers..it got compounded worse when he went to IMG. He didnt even stand out at Camps. Our OC and QB coach arent that good at evaluating qbs

Advertisement
Back