NFL Draft Mel K's top 10 safties

It’s not just Kiper who have him as the top safety , and it’s pretty much only the retards on this board who think he isn’t the top safety
I think he's definitely in the top 5.

In terms of NFL projection he could go anywhere from late 1st - early 4th depending on combine performance. He reminds me of Kevin Byard & KB was a 3rd rounder.

He's a player that can become a very active Ballhawk in the league with some adjustments & refinement to his game. I think he'll do well in the league if he can add more weight & get stronger.

Advertisement
It’s not just Kiper who have him as the top safety , and it’s pretty much only the retards on this board who think he isn’t the top safety
So if you blow coverage at the rate he does what should we say? He’s awesome ? The end of GT being the most egregious? Does that change in the NFL or is that who he is? You can’t do what he does as much as he does and not have questions. It’s literally JV football mistakes 5-6 times this year. I’m not projecting i‘m basing off of Saturdays.

Do you think voters in that stuff watched one Miami game live ? Or maybe just saw a bunch of Int returns ? Like I said he graded out as the best safety in the country last year by pff and one of the worst this year. Do you see a different player ? Or is it the same feast or famine he’s always been? The amount of blown coverages he has at this level is insane. It’s catastrophic busts , not a ten yard gain lol. Downs where the offense knows they aren’t getting a first down and definitely not a td.

I'm not saying he's not playing worse this year. He is definitely gambling more this year and it's costing the team, 100%. I think some of it stems from him being more experienced and thinking he can out-think people but he's getting fooled. He's not just playing and reacting. But the guys who evaluate tape seem to think he's a first-round NFL player. So he doesn't suck, like I read everyday on this board. We're not going to be better when he leaves. And honestly my rant is more a culmination of years of this same ****. Every kid on the team sucks, always. It's exhausting to read every single day on here. No other fanbase is this toxic to their own players, especially the ones who are actually good.

So if you blow coverage at the rate he does what should we say? He’s awesome ? The end of GT being the most egregious? Does that change in the NFL or is that who he is? You can’t do what he does as much as he does and not have questions. It’s literally JV football mistakes 5-6 times this year. I’m not projecting i‘m basing off of Saturdays.
Watch more football , safety’s in general take a lot
Of chances there is not safety in college football that doesn’t do that ****

I'm not saying he's not playing worse this year. He is definitely gambling more this year and it's costing the team, 100%. I think some of it stems from him being more experienced and thinking he can out-think people but he's getting fooled. He's not just playing and reacting. But the guys who evaluate tape seem to think he's a first-round NFL player. So he doesn't suck, like I read everyday on this board. We're not going to be better when he leaves. And honestly my rant is more a culmination of years of this same ****. Every kid on the team sucks, always. It's exhausting to read every single day on here. No other fanbase is this toxic to their own players, especially the ones who are actually good.
He definitely doesn’t suck but it’s like a rb averaging 10 yards a carry but fumbles every other game , sometimes twice. It’s very odd for me to see a player keep doing this that I know is smart and watches film. I’ve always been a fan but ****, it’s gotten wild. The GT bust is almost as bad as not kneeling…..ALMOST.

Advertisement
Watch more football , safety’s in general take a lot
Of chances there is not safety in college football that doesn’t do that ****
I played safety fella, I know what you’re taught and I’ve never seen somebody with close to his cache do that.

You need to watch or maybe learn more football. It’s not a simple bust , it’s catastrophic busts on third and forever or hail Mary‘s that makes no sense to leave your coverage. It’s actually beyond selfish. If he was at UGA or Bama he wouldn’t be playing with that many errors. That’s how serious it is.

Last edited:
I think he's definitely in the top 5.

In terms of NFL projection he could go anywhere from late 1st - early 4th depending on combine performance. He reminds me of Kevin Byard & KB was a 3rd rounder.

He's a player that can become a very active Ballhawk in the league with some adjustments & refinement to his game. I think he'll do well in the league if he can add more weight & get stronger.
3 safeties have been drafted in the first round in 4 years. That is not media or fan hype. He isn't going in the first round because safeties aren't considered important enough to go in round one. 2 of the 3 ran sub 4:40 types and the last was 6'3 220lbs. Kam is not running a 4.3ish time and isn't growing 4'.

An extremely small chance he is going in the 1st round. Heck, he could return, add 10lbs not make some bad mistakes and still not make it in the 1st round. If he runs a 4.45, he will COULD go on day 2. Otherwise, he is more likely is taken in round 4 due to mistakes, injuries, and size/speed.

He definitely doesn’t suck but it’s like a rb averaging 10 yards a carry but fumbles every other game , sometimes twice. It’s very odd for me to see a player keep doing this that I know is smart and watches film. I’ve always been a fan but ****, it’s gotten wild. The GT bust is almost as bad as not kneeling…..ALMOST.

Like I said I think that's almost the problem. Which is so counter-intuitive, obviously. When he was younger and just playing with anticipation and athleticism, he was better. Now that he's smarter and more prepared, it's almost like it's working against him. It's really bizarre.

The GT one was bad, the one last week was almost as bad. Where the **** was he going on the 70 yard play to Douglas? What was he even looking at?

Anyway, I just wish we had some more knowledgeable fans who respected the kids and could have conversations like this. But I've been here long enough to know that's not even remotely true. So it's on me to not make the post I did, just gotta accept we're gonna have large factions of this fanbase and board who thinks our All-American players flat-out suck and hope they go to the league.

Advertisement

Cracking Up Lol GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

3 safeties have been drafted in the first round in 4 years. That is not media or fan hype. He isn't going in the first round because safeties aren't considered important enough to go in round one. 2 of the 3 ran sub 4:40 types and the last was 6'3 220lbs. Kam is not running a 4.3ish time and isn't growing 4'.

An extremely small chance he is going in the 1st round. Heck, he could return, add 10lbs not make some bad mistakes and still not make it in the 1st round. If he runs a 4.45, he will COULD go on day 2. Otherwise, he is more likely is taken in round 4 due to mistakes, injuries, and size/speed.
Agree. He’s not a first rounder because there’s nothing special about him physically. It’s almost impossible for a first round safety nowadays. His absolute highest is mid to late second and that’s pushing it. I think if he can holdup physically he‘ll play awhile. That and fixing his biggest flaw.

Advertisement
I have an unpopular opinion to why such a smart player that watches film and still does what he does. I’ll get down voted for it but IDC, (I don’t respond anyway).

We still have a few players in the program, who play for themselves first and the program second. That doesn’t mean they don’t love the program.

- Gambling to make the highlight reel
- Gambling to make INTS so your name can be on the All-American list
- If I accomplish those two, I’ll be in the first round

What do y'all think would happen if Kinchens with his gambling or James Williams with his personal fouls played for Nick Saban and Alabama defense or Kirby Smart and Georgia defense?

They would have been benched long time ago. Or better yet, they never would have developed those habits.

Love Kinchens, and J-Will has done more good than bad this season and will also be a fairly high NFL pick.

But…as stated In the other thread. Besides QB and really high rising skill type players. Kiper really doesn't pay attention in season. His stuff will be better near draft day.

Advertisement
Would love to hear Addae has not been retained. That is all. That is the post.

Yep it’s the fans blowing coverages every other game. Giving up third and forever s or long td’s. My apologies for that.

Here’s the facts , PFF had him graded out as the best safety in the country last year , this year he’s grading out as one of the worst. Which shows you how garbage PFF is. He’s nowhere near the best safety and nowhere near the worst. He’s a pretty good player that is feast or famine. He gives up as many big plays as any safety I’ve seen here. He’s also made as many as anyone not named ER or ST.

Fact is Kiper hasn’t watched KK more than me or any other Cane fan. It’s not hating , it’s stating. The truth is now “ hating “ lol.
Come on, Cribs. Some of us have been around long enough to remember Gurvan Hall, Robert Knowles, Randy Phillips, and some other dudes who gave up a lot more plays than Kam, with pretty much no upside.

Did he completely blow it at the end of the GT game? Yes. The 2022 All-American deserves the criticism for that. But guys on here talking about how they can't wait until somebody else replaces him? Yeah, that's not truth. That's hating.

Come on, Cribs. Some of us have been around long enough to remember Gurvan Hall, Robert Knowles, Randy Phillips, and some other dudes who gave up a lot more plays than Kam, with pretty much no upside.

Did he completely blow it at the end of the GT game? Yes. The 2022 All-American deserves the criticism for that. But guys on here talking about how they can't wait until somebody else replaces him? Yeah, that's not truth. That's hating.
It’s not a once or twice thing is the point

Advertisement
Back