NFL Draft Mel K's top 10 safties

he doesn’t have top end speed to be a day 1 safety.(only 3 in 4 years) He has a lot of bad film that may drop him out of day 2. His injuries are also a concern.

If he is a day 3 kid, he may get more from nil and the nfl upside of going day two after putting it all together as a senior. That said, getting to contract 2 would be just as important.

Advertisement
Lol ya'll are crazy. Happy for these two. Both have had very good seasons. Williams has really blossomed this year from his up and down play in seasons past.

The fairest criticism I've heard of Miami fans is that we don't watch CFB except for our games.
When Miami’s winning, I watch other games and really enjoy the sport. When Miami is like this, I can’t stand it. It’s torture.

Advertisement
I ain’t disagreeing but if a team wants to take him great what’s the problem
There's no problem but if you ask my opinion I don't think a team takes him in the first 2 rounds. Kinchens has a very high upside. He is physical(no pun) and very cerebral. I just think that he can gain a lot by staying one more year. I want to see more development by him in the mental aspect of the game. He is certainly capable but he is young and very impulsive. One more year would do him wonders. I still believe he has a very bright future in the NFL but he must learn to play with more discipline. If he comes out I hope he goes as high as possible but I just have my doubts about that at this particular stage. We will see.

Advertisement
They are both going to Detroit, right @cway313?
No Way Smile GIF by Get Out Movie

Advertisement
Its one thing to be a sunshine pumper. Another to be a realist.

Kam Kinchens has blown so many coverages by trying to play superhero, its too many to count. He plays dumb in pass coverage.

Kinchens is still leveraging his 3 interception game vs GT last year.
You need a reality check. Every player makes mistakes, not just safeties. Guess what, it happens in the NFL as well. Some just expect our players to be perfect 100% of the time. Not realistic. What he does is makes fewer mistakes than anyone at his position within college football.

Last edited:
You need a reality check. Every player makes mistakes, not just safeties. Guess what, it happens in the NFL as well. Some just expect our players to be perfect 100% of the time. Not realistic. What he does is makes fewer mistakes than anyone at his position within college football.
There is a huge difference between someone pointing out the room for improvement and growth in Kam's game and expecting him to be perfect which no one does. It isn't hate or an expectation of perfection that makes one point out that another year in college could do Kam a lot of good. Could he play in the NFL next year? Absolutely! I just think another year in college may allow him to polish his game and work on his weaknesses allowing him to possibly be a 1st round pick.

I know @Memnon has brought up his dislike of coach Addae and the fact that he feels that the secondary is the weak spot in terms of the caliber of coaching the players are getting. I agree with him. I think Lance Guidry has had a positive influence on the Safeties but he is too busy as the DC to give the type of hands on everyday coaching that the Secondary coach can give. After the season I am really looking forward to replacing Addae with a much better coach. Hopefully Guidry stays as he is the best DC we have had here in a long time and it isn't even close.

Last edited:
Advertisement
This is the strangest fan base on the planet.
This has been going on for years now too. I remember many posters hated on Rousseau big time leading up to the draft. Big time hate. I couldn’t believe it. Guess folks can’t see that this is actually great publicity for the program especially seeing that the on field product isn’t helping us much lately.

There's no problem but if you ask my opinion I don't think a team takes him in the first 2 rounds. Kinchens has a very high upside. He is physical(no pun) and very cerebral. I just think that he can gain a lot by staying one more year. I want to see more development by him in the mental aspect of the game. He is certainly capable but he is young and very impulsive. One more year would do him wonders. I still believe he has a very bright future in the NFL but he must learn to play with more discipline. If he comes out I hope he goes as high as possible but I just have my doubts about that at this particular stage. We will see.
Hopefully he stays for the squad..definitely understand if he leaves

Advertisement
Back