Meiko Dotson in the Transfer Portal

Liberty, would that secure a move to nickel back for Ivey then, or would be become a key backup/rotational player?
Backup behind Blades.

Ivey's not a Nickel at all, he's a Boundary Corner, putting him at Nickel would make him even more of a liability in coverage than he already is. He doesn't have the foot speed nor the fluid hips to play the slot or the 3WR on the field.

Te'Cory Couch is the perfect NCB for this system, he just needs the reps.

Advertisement
Ima let this one slide because you're young, but this is levels of stupid that you never wanna reach my friend.

He's better than every CB on our team, bar none.
The problem is people think FAU and level of competition so they dont give the players from there the benefit of the doubt.

You need to see the players live!!! Ask Lashlee about FAUs defense. FAU held them to 28 and that was with 2 garbage tochdowns. People basically stopped throwing at this guy for a majority of the season.

The problem is people FAU and level of competition so they dont give the players from there the benefit of the doubt.

You need to see the players live!!! Ask Lashlee about FAUs defense. FAU held them to 28 and that was with 2 garbage tochdowns. People basically stopped throwing at this for a majority of the season.
Miami fans would be retarded to play the "level of competition" when it comes to any player...

We lost to FIU & La Tech, two G5 teams, we have no right to dare say a really good player from an 11 win team like FAU isn't "good enough" to play here.

Meiko Dotson is a kid who will be drafted & play in the league, as it stands we don't have one our team, he's head & shoulders better than every CB we got, it's not even question whether or not we should take him.

Agree with you 1,000%, if you've seen him play you don't even have to think about it, he's a lockdown Corner & we desperately need a player of his caliber in our secondary.

Advertisement
Miami fans would be retarded to play the "level of competition" when it comes to any player...

We lost to FIU & La Tech, two G5 teams, we have no right to dare say a really good player from an 11 win team like FAU isn't "good enough" to play here.

Meiko Dotson is a kid who will be drafted & play in the league, as it stands we don't have one our team, he's head & shoulders better than every CB we got, it's not even question whether or not we should take him.

Agree with you 1,000%, if you've seen him play you don't even have to think about it, he's a lockdown Corner & we desperately need a player of his caliber in our secondary.
Yea 2 G5 teams from the Conference that FAU dominated 2 out of the last 3 years.

Plus if the kid comes here, he would be better. One thing I can say about Miami the last 4 years is we've had a very good to great pass rush. FAU doesnt have the horses up front like we do, the kid will eat.

That half second less of coverage is what made us a top 15 defense.

Last edited:

Outside of D'Eriq King, he would be my top priority to get out the Portal.

Would be the #1 lockdown CB on the team the day he walks on campus, no question.

Would be the #1 lockdown CB on the team the day he walks on campus, no question.

Great find LCE. This staff can really use
Someone like you.

Advertisement

Great speed, fantastic ballhawking ability, and is a dynamic runner when he’s returning picks.

What else could u want?? Need this kid bad.

Advertisement

Was All-Conference USA 1st team as a redshirt Junior CB at FAU
Missed the 2018 season with a hip injury. Spent first two seasons at Georgia Tech and played at a juco in 2017.

"Dotson, a 5-foot-11 cornerback who joined the Owls in 2018, had nine interceptions last season. Seven of Dotson’s picks came in the end zone and he had three games with multiple interceptions. Dotson added 30 tackles and 12 pass deflections last year."

Went to Daytona Beach Mainland in HS.
Transferring from a school right down the street at a position that isn't Murderer's Row right now...

Somebody worth looking into? @Liberty City El and others that are clued in?

He's a cornerback? Yes.

I’ll change my opinion on him after seeing this highlight video. Hes definitely a take but he’s going to have to come here and beat out Al Blades (who will be another year developed as well) before I say he’s the best cb on the team

After watching David Amerson get exposed the year after he led the country in INTs I’m not as impressed with interception totals (although it usually means elite ball skills) if ur not that talented overall.

I’ll change my opinion on him after seeing this highlight video. Hes definitely a take but he’s going to have to come here and beat out Al Blades (who will be another year developed as well) before I say he’s the best cb on the team

After watching David Amerson get exposed the year after he led the country in INTs I’m not as impressed with interception totals (although it usually means elite ball skills) if ur not that talented overall.
As long as hes better than Ivey, hes a take

Advertisement

YEa you my dude Im just not buying this guy at all

YEa you my dude Im just not buying this guy at all
He's better than every CB we have on the roster.

Our entire CB group combined didn't have 9INT's & it would take 2 of them just to get to 12PBU's.

What's not to buy? Have you seen Ivey play? Have you seen our depth chart?

We got 4 playable Corners, 1 who's terrible & 2 of'em have never started a game in their career...

This kid is a take all day bruh lol.

Advertisement
Back