MEGA Mega Merged Stadium Thread.

Then you understand that 80 % of the "paying" fan base wants to drive their personal vehicle to the game. Bicycle an walking ain't gonna cut it.. No mass transit, no Uber, no nothing, beside our Suburban's an Tahoe's.
He doesn't even realize a large part of the fan base loves tailgating. I can see it now. Huge crowds of fans walking to tropical park with their barbecue, coolers and backpacks. LOL

Advertisement
Oh boy. You're not following and you're kinda putting words in my mouth indirectly. Let me sorta bulletpoint it:

This is not a transportation discussion. This is an attendance discussion.

Most people drive to the game. AGREED!

Having a stadium in a park surrounded on all sides by densely populated neighborhoods will add incremental attendance to what would already come.

People within walking distance will walk. Because why wouldn't you? Much easier than driving, dealing with traffic, getting in and out. It will be a nice thing. You will see throngs of fans waking down the tree lines streets towards the stadium on game day. People will have tailgates IN THEIR FRONT YARDS.

Some people that live a little further to where the walk might be a bit annoying or unrealistic will ride bikes, scooters, you name it. Any new stadium is going to be designed to cater to anyone not driving. Charging stations, VIP bike parking, etc. Green initiative are encouraged. Why? Because for some people it's much easier than driving, dealing with traffic, getting in and out. It will be a nice thing that actually saves time.

And some of them will also take game day shuttles. When you have so many people living so close, you can move people from very close to their homes to the stadium very quickly. Those shuttles can make endless runs.

Whether they are walking, riding, scooting OR EVEN DRIVING A MILE IF THEY WANT TO, having tens of thousands of people living so close to the stadium will create a new group of attendees, new fans, in addition to people who are already UM fans, attended UM, etc. And again, there are 34,000+ UM employees and students who spend 5-7 days of their week on a campus 10 minutes away. So you now have a rich target audience with some skin in the game who logically live pretty close by. They can pop over for the game without having to drive through Miami. Converting more of them on game day will be a lay up for the AD.

Game day will be a visible, highly interactive experience that will extend into the neighborhoods. It won't be a thing that occurs in a vacuum in a pit off of the turnpike that you get a glimpse of while you are doing 80 up to Boca to see Aunt Rosie.

The people who are walking and driving are probably 95% incremental ticket sales, new fans taking advantage of something that is new to the community.

This is not a transportation discussion. This is an attendance discussion.

Again, most people will still drive to the game.

Having the stadium in a population center will increase attendance.

Fin. :)
The people that live around Tropical park are not the ones going to games. If you can't figure that out then there's no helping you.

LOL I lived in the OB, buddy. **** I actually have a row of seats from it. :)

I also know a little something about conversions, marketing, demographic trends, sales and more. Well, a lot.

Using attendance data etc. for University of Miami football games from 15-40 years ago at a stadium in Little Havana as a blueprint for how CFB attendance will be driven in 2026 or so at a stadium a couple of miles west of UM would be a great way to get laughed out of the room.

We're a different school now, we're a different program, CFB has completely changed, as is how you market anything and everything. The world has changed a lot in the last twenty years.
You're right things have changed and the majority of the people that filled up the OB have moved out of Miami. How do you not see this? LOL

I lived in the OB too. I was born in this city you claim to know. please explain your great plan and expertise where a city and fanbase that has never truly cared about sports will suddenly care. our students actually care less than the students did 20 years ago.
I started going to the OB in 79 and have been a season ticket holder ever since. I've seen every crowd you could ever imagine there. It's the greatest stadium ever period.

But those days are gone and Tropical Park would be a disaster.

I'd think everyone would be for a stadium closer to campus as long as it fits the following:

1. Built with money from Ruiz, other donors, and sponsors.
2. The stadium is gifted to the university so there is no "tenant" relationship (otherwise, why move from HRS?)
3. Stadium has capacity of at least 50,000 and is not an erector set like the stadiums at FIU, FAU, and UCF.
4. Seat backs.

5. Trough urinals.
6. Post-game independent rat-kebab vendors outside

Advertisement
The people that live around Tropical park are not the ones going to games. If you can't figure that out then there's no helping you.
finally you said it. i got tired of arguing about the people that live in westchester and surrounding. they are not the diehards that are going to games lol. they dont care that the stadium is in Miami Gardens. the diehards show up. the casuals arent gonna show up unless its a big game and theyll go anywhere for the event (the Tennis tournament moved from Key Biscayne to Hard Rock and attendance got better along with everything else including ease of access to get to the **** tournament).

finally you said it. i got tired of arguing about the people that live in westchester and surrounding. they are not the diehards that are going to games lol. they dont care that the stadium is in Miami Gardens. the diehards show up. the casuals arent gonna show up unless its a big game and theyll go anywhere for the event (the Tennis tournament moved from Key Biscayne to Hard Rock and attendance got better along with everything else including ease of access to get to the **** tournament).
The tennis tournament has become stale and corporate like everything else that occurs at HRS. Zero atmosphere.

Advertisement
The tennis tournament has become stale and corporate like everything else that occurs at HRS. Zero atmosphere.
its far better than trying to get into key biscayne on a weekend and the facilities are better.

Those same people you refer to - and I doubt tens of thousands will be walking to games from neighborhoods (you’re extending the circle out more than a mile) - those people will oppose a stadium in their neighborhood and vote against it.

Happy tailgates in front yards? Your spitballing went haywire.

"Tens of thousands will be walking to games..."

Put words in people's mouths, much? :ROFLMAO:

I'd think everyone would be for a stadium closer to campus as long as it fits the following:

1. Built with money from Ruiz, other donors, and sponsors.
2. The stadium is gifted to the university so there is no "tenant" relationship (otherwise, why move from HRS?)
3. Stadium has capacity of at least 50,000 and is not an erector set like the stadiums at FIU, FAU, and UCF.
4. Seat backs.
What makes you think everyone would be for a stadium closer to campus? What purpose would that serve?

Advertisement
What makes you think everyone would be for a stadium closer to campus? What purpose would that serve?
Playing at an amusement park 20 miles from campus has become somewhat of a running joke among rival fans, and is certainly used as a negative recruiting tool by rival corches. If for no other reason, moving to our own stadium nearer to campus would shave some of the embarassment off our prgram while we go 7-5 for the next 1,000 years.

Advertisement
Playing at an amusement park 20 miles from campus has become somewhat of a running joke among rival fans, and is certainly used as a negative recruiting tool by rival corches. If for no other reason, moving to our own stadium nearer to campus would shave some of the embarassment off our prgram while we go 7-5 for the next 1,000 years.
What is so embarrassing about playing in a stadium that is so easily accessible and is so nice it is worthy of hosting the superbowl every 4 years or so?

Advertisement
Back