MEGA Mega Merged Stadium Thread.

Am I the only one who likes Hard Rock Stadium?

I think its a fine place for the Canes to play and the location is fairly convenient. I barely have to enter Dade County to go to games.
It’s solid in pretty much every regard besides distance from university, non existent public transit (par for course in most football stadiums tho), and annoying *** teal seats.

Advertisement
Anyone else not care about the "stadium issue" as it's called?

All you'd be doing is downgrading in a sense. Now if they made it more intimate, less about creature comforts, all the bells and whistles, etc and thereby making it more feasible for people monetarily, then cool. All this new **** comes at a price and it prices a lot of people out.

Sports are getting crazy to attend. That and you're limiting your seating capacity, to an even lower amount which only matters for big games.

I do see all sides, but not everyone will be happy. What's the cost though? Is it really worth it?

GIF by South Park

Advertisement
Ross really screwed up with adding the tennis courts on the south side of the stadium for the Miami Open. He could have built them in the Yellow Lot between the Turnpike and the Turnpike exit access road on the East side of the stadium. By putting the tennis courts where they are, he eliminated a large number of parking spots. It makes the walk to the stadium a bit longer for most of us.

That being said, the parking situation is still better than just about any other stadium I've been to.

Careful now, you don’t want to incur the wrath of the “lives in Pembroke Pines and values their 13 minute drive more than the health of the program” fans on here. They’re a feisty bunch.
I'd think everyone would be for a stadium closer to campus as long as it fits the following:

1. Built with money from Ruiz, other donors, and sponsors.
2. The stadium is gifted to the university so there is no "tenant" relationship (otherwise, why move from HRS?)
3. Stadium has capacity of at least 50,000 and is not an erector set like the stadiums at FIU, FAU, and UCF.
4. Seat backs.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Not an easy sell to the county that they need a third 20k plus football stadium lol. Miami rn is probably one of the lowest cities when it comes to need of large stadium. We’d be the only likely principle tenet.

Advertisement
I think the idea of our own stadium is more exciting than anything. It's part of the excitement that comes with college football. I don't see it happening so I don't even bother getting hopes up about it.
You raise a good point but no one can make anything close to HRS .
I must say we are spoiled and really don’t know how good it is till it’s gone.

If we can get the mindset of the new place is our HOME and we can make and advantage eventually it can have additions each year to make it our own 🙌🙌🙌

Oh LOLOL we’ll need a carving roast beef station like Club section has next to buffet.

See many fans love this along with a beer watching giant screens in a sports bar atmosphere before during and halftime.

Must say it is pretty neat

GOCANES

Last edited:
I'd think everyone would be for a stadium closer to campus as long as it fits the following:

2. The stadium is gifted to the university so there is no "tenant" relationship (otherwise, why move from HRS?)
3. Stadium has capacity of at least 50,000 and is not an erector set like the stadiums at FIU, FAU, and UCF.
4. Seat backs.
I would add the university would be all for it so long as the revenue would increase substantially from hard rock. That’s the part I don’t see happening

Advertisement

4. Seat backs.
Nobody is going to spend hundreds of millions of dollars building a stadium and “gift” it to the University.

Even if Ruiz did ever build a stadium, UM would just be renting it from him.

In order for UM to actually have their own stadium, they would have to build it themselves.

It’s like saying “I want all the perks of owning a successful business but I want someone else to use their money to start it and build it and then just hand over the finished product to me for free”.

Nobody is going to spend hundreds of millions of dollars building a stadium and “gift” it to the University.

Even if Ruiz did ever build a stadium, UM would just be renting it from him.

In order for UM to actually have their own stadium, they would have to build it themselves.

It’s like saying “I want all the perks of owning a successful business but I want someone else to use their money to start it and build it and then just hand over the finished product to me for free”.
Exactly...

One thing I do know is keep city government out of it.

The scariest words to ever hear :

“ The government is here to help “

As a Mad Dog Jim Mandich once phrased:

“ government will moondogal everything it touches “

GOCANES

Advertisement
Back