MEGA Mega Merged Stadium Thread.

Advertisement
Here's my stadium question... should it be a dome, or not.

Dome pro is that it would be climate controlled and the fans would be more comfortable, and maybe more likely to show up. Also, it's getting hotter every year.

Open stadium pro is the opponents have to play in Miami heat and humidity, but I can't remember the last time that was an advantage for us.

I think we might do better trying for fan support rather than heat for a home field advantage. But I'm open to opinions on the matter.
No. It's a significantly better stadium than Bank of America in Charlotte.

You just need actual public transport to get there. It took me a hour and a half to get back to South Beach last night due to the volume of traffic / the incompetence of the stewards. That's simply unacceptable.

Advertisement
Can someone explain how the huge reclining seats directly behind our bench are ALWAYS at least half empty? These "Golden Canes" are never in their seats. Never.

What type of entertainment is being offered in the lounge underneath the stands that makes it a better option than watching the game on the 50 yard line from your own personal love seat?

When you construct a million lounges, bars, nightclubs and peel people away from their seats, you end up with an empty section directly behind our home team's sideline. What do you think is going through the minds of our players when they look up and see empty seats where our alleged biggest fans ("Golden Canes") are supposed to be sitting?

Can someone explain how the huge reclining seats directly behind our bench are ALWAYS at least half empty? These "Golden Canes" are never in their seats. Never.

What type of entertainment is being offered in the lounge underneath the stands that makes it a better option than watching the game on the 50 yard line from your own personal love seat?
they'll sit in their seats at tropical, don't worry meng.

Its so interesting to read this take. My season tickets are on the visitors side for the first time ever. Every game shortly after kickoff I survey the stadium to do a crowd check. That section (lower bowl, home sideline, between the 40 yard lines) is ALWAYS 100% EMPTY. There are NEVER people in those seats.

Its beyond crazy. The only other sections that are as empty as those seats are the corners of the upper bowl. I have to wonder if the golden canes have an unwritten rule about not giving their tickets away so the other golden canes wont have to sit amongst the common people during games, in the unlikely event that one of them should show up.

Advertisement
Took me five days to get out of the Swamp in 08

Texas A&M was quite an experience in that regard. I sat in my seat for a good 20-25 minutes after the game ended, partly because I was in shock that we looked like the better team and did not win and partly because I figured it would take a while to get 108K people out of the stadium. Even after the wait it still took me a crazy amount of time to get out of the stadium. There was just a mass of humanity flowing out of that stadium.

Great environment though...

I sat there for 4 years rok. Unbelievable… best in the world seats to watch a football game. But they were only more than 1/2 full for one game I attended and that was Norte dame 2017.

Most of them are down in the air condition in golden cane bar and food area enjoying the free food & booze.

Incredible seats. Awful atmosphere in those seats and the empty recliners only make it look even worse

Last edited:
Its so interesting to read this take. My season tickets are on the visitors side for the first time ever. Every game shortly after kickoff I survey the stadium to do a crowd check. That section (lower bowl, home sideline, between the 40 yard lines) is ALWAYS 100% EMPTY. There are NEVER people in those seats.

Its beyond crazy. The only other sections that are as empty as those seats are the corners of the upper bowl. I have to wonder if the golden canes have an unwritten rule about not giving their tickets away so the other golden canes wont have to sit amongst the common people during games, in the unlikely event that one of them should show up.
those seats get access to the club I believe or suite levels.

Advertisement
Golden Cane and 306-308 are usually very empty-looking. There may be people walking around. The 200s (club) is usually much closer to full, as it was for UNC.

those seats get access to the club I believe or suite levels.

So do mine. Are you insinuating that every single person in that section comes to the stadium and then stays in the sideline club the entire game? lol

My guess is they have an unwritten rule not to give their tickets away to the common-folk.

Advertisement
How can things be so poorly planned that 19,000 people cause these types of issues?
adam scott laughing GIF by Fox TV

Advertisement
Back