MEGA Mega Merged Stadium Thread.

Advertisement
Even if (Hypothetically) UM had, let's say, an extra 75-100 acres, The City of Coral Gables would never allow it to be constructed. They not only run the show, but have NEVER given af about UM...
Well they shouldn't considering that the world ends whenever there's an event at Watsco. That area could never withstand the masses but with some planning TP probably could. Wouldn't be any fun for those who live nearby for 6 days a year but they can suck it up.

So what point were you trying to make?
Are you REALLY that stupid? How many people from Chile, Argentina, Brazil, Peru, Guatemala, Mexico and the Dom Rep do you actually know? I have lived and worked IN Latin America and been involved with Latin American ag for over 40 years ... and the first generation Latin residents of Miami have ZERO knowledge, interest or awareness in college football ... period. THAT is the point. You must be a troll, nobody can be that ignorant.

Are you REALLY that stupid? How many people from Chile, Argentina, Brazil, Peru, Guatemala, Mexico and the Dom Rep do you actually know? I have lived and worked IN Latin America and been involved with Latin American ag for over 40 years ... and the first generation Latin residents of Miami have ZERO knowledge, interest or awareness in college football ... period. THAT is the point. You must be a troll, nobody can be that ignorant.
ditto and agreed.

Advertisement
“Quiñones understands UM football fans want a stadium closer to campus, but he says the venue does not have to be at the cost of losing a public park.

"Why does it have to involve public land?" Quiñones says. "There are huge swaths of industrial acres available in this county."

Can anyone help me understand all this? This is from a recent article that was forwarded to me from a resident in Miami who doesn’t trust Ruiz b/c he skipped a very crucial step in this stadium talk, per them.

“Quiñones understands UM football fans want a stadium closer to campus, but he says the venue does not have to be at the cost of losing a public park.

"Why does it have to involve public land?" Quiñones says. "There are huge swaths of industrial acres available in this county."

Can anyone help me understand all this? This is from a recent article that was forwarded to me from a resident in Miami who doesn’t trust Ruiz b/c he skipped a very crucial step in this stadium talk, per them.
Guy must be on drugs Relly. Where is there a 200 acre "industrial" swath of land available in Miami Dade County .... and anywhere closer than Hard Rock?

I'm a first generation Latin resident of Miami who is plenty interested in college football, and am familiar with many more. Of course the newly arrived Guats don't give a rip about UM football but you're wrongly assuming that everyone in Dade with brown skin doesn't care about the team or football. Who do you think is filling the stadium for those 1 or 2 games a year when a marquee opponent comes to town? It's the Kendall and Hialeah aceres who love nothing more than to go buck wild at a Canes game when we're actually good. No one is here to argue that this is still the sleepy white village of Miamuh, but you're the one sounding plenty ignorant right now. Where do you live currently?

Advertisement
Today in this thread I learned that there could NEVER be an on-campus stadium because there aren't enough gringos in the surrounding area to support it.
Well if you actually paid attention you would know that @Rickd was talking about the surrounding area of Tropical Park.

Not this stupid on campus stadium BS again...once and for all....there is NO room to build even a HS stadium on campus, let alone a CFB stadium....Jesus Christ man.. we only have 210 acres....and it's all occupied..stop it. This seems to be an every day occurrence on CIS.

I gave up along time ago, their lack of knowledge is mind-numbing, but I think I understand exactly how you feel.

I think these people fall into one of two categories, the first if they’ve never set foot on campus thenthey don’t realize the construction density on campus, the population/road density surrounding the school, in terms of Coral Gables and US1 etc.

The other much smaller category is people that have been on campus, maybe even alumni, that have no earthly idea about the impossible logistics. I’m guessing these people walked around in a cannabis and etoh haze during their four years on campus and never actually understood where they were, not just in terms of the school, but in terms of the community that surrounds the campus.

been saying it for years. It's a man-made hole in the ground that could be filled right tf back in. Unlike HRS, the seats would be right on top of the action.

Listen man, you’ve got to throttle back on the role-playing with your nerd friends.

You’re describing what would be an excellent Quidditch stadium, not an actual feasible stadium. I’m sure it will be a dream come true for you, mounting that broom and hopping around and pretending like you’re a wizard on campus, but there’s no football stadium that could be built in that small of an area.

Advertisement
Listen man, you’ve got to throttle back on the role-playing with your nerd friends.

You’re describing what would be an excellent Quidditch stadium, not an actual feasible stadium. I’m sure it will be a dream come true for you, mounting that broom and hopping around and pretending like you’re a wizard on campus, but there’s no football stadium that could be built in that small of an area.
The lake idea is fantasy but if they were to level Mark Light, the right field parking structure, Cobb Stadium and Greentree, I do believe a decent size stadium could be constructed in that space. But since I know I have to with some of you, just want to reiterate that I'm aware that there is no chance of that ever happening.

He hasn’t skipped any steps because the process is nowhere near commencing. He’s at least a year or more from starting the official process.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The lake idea is fantasy but if they were to level Mark Light, the right field parking structure, Cobb Stadium and Greentree, I do believe a decent size stadium could be constructed in that space. But since I know I have to with some of you, just want to reiterate that I'm aware that there is no chance of that ever happening.
Happy Real Housewives Of Atlanta GIF by TV One

Bored Monsters Inc GIF

What's the big deal about having a stadium. Ain't worth it

This is a really good article, actually. I saw on our financial statement that we pay $1m in a lease fee, while a report came out late last yr, that Ross makes $4m annually from us. I would assume our arrangement w/ Ross is similar to Temple’s arrangement w/ The Eagles, which is y Temple is desperately trying to get their own stadium, w/ similar push back from the community.

At the end of the day, The U needs to maximize all revenue possibilities, & HRS hinders that.

He hasn’t skipped any steps because the process is nowhere near commencing. He’s at least a year or more from starting the official process.

Well the 1st step was to present renderings, which he did via social media instead of council. That also rubbed ppl wrong per the article I read.

Advertisement
Back