MEGA Mega Merged Stadium Thread.

Look at the City of Miami demographic change since 1990. The population has INCREASED by 800,000, and of those 800,000 I doubt there are no more than 10,000 "gringos" who moved to Miami from other parts of the country and have interest in college football. 99.9% of the population increase has been from Latin America (Chile, Argentina, Brazil, Peru, Colombia, Panama, Guatemala, Dominican Republic, Honduras, Mexico) where people have either opened offices in Miami due to their Agricultural Export activities in their native countries, or they have export offices based in Miami serving Latin America. I worked in Latin American agriculture for over 40 years ... 30 of those years were based in Miami and we either had farms or worked with growers in those Latin American countries I referenced.

Miami's economy is an Ag Import driven economy. The port of Miami and Miami International Airport have some of the most agile and importer friendly programs and procedures ... to expedite the import process ... as perishable commodity import from Latin America is the key product handled. As the ag imports have grown, so have the PRODUCTION bases in each Latin American country, and those growers, wealthy and well established in their own countries, have opened offices and established 2nd or 3rd homes in Miami. Miami has been, very accurately, referred to as "The Capital of Latin America". It is no longer the sleep retirement community of the 1960's. Nor is it the "Cuban dominated" city of the 80's and 90's. The growth has been phenomenal and you see it in the home prices (people buy $1 million dollar homes as tear downs in Coral Gables and Pinecrest), the cars on the road (Porsches, Range Rovers and even Bentleys are as common in Miami as F150 pick up trucks are in Central Florida), and the plethora of ethnic cuisine dining options. There are more Peruvian restaurants in Miami than there are BBQ restaurants in Daytona Beach and Volusia County. I lived in Coral Gables for 30 years ... I wore my UM polo to work on Thursdays when UM had a night game ... nobody in my office had any clue as to what it was. And today it is more heavily Latino (first generation immigrant).
Preach brother. Facts will set them free.

I've seen it happen first hand growing up down here and I was born here in 72.

Advertisement
Preach brother. Facts will set them free.

I've seen it happen first hand growing up down here and I was born here in 72.
They built the Marlins a new house???.. How'd that go??.. The building doesn't drive fans to games.... The team does... Give people a quality product and they will come to watch...

Look at the City of Miami demographic change since 1990. The population has INCREASED by 800,000, and of those 800,000 I doubt there are no more than 10,000 "gringos" who moved to Miami from other parts of the country and have interest in college football. 99.9% of the population increase has been from Latin America (Chile, Argentina, Brazil, Peru, Colombia, Panama, Guatemala, Dominican Republic, Honduras, Mexico) where people have either opened offices in Miami due to their Agricultural Export activities in their native countries, or they have export offices based in Miami serving Latin America. I worked in Latin American agriculture for over 40 years ... 30 of those years were based in Miami and we either had farms or worked with growers in those Latin American countries I referenced.

Miami's economy is an Ag Import driven economy. The port of Miami and Miami International Airport have some of the most agile and importer friendly programs and procedures ... to expedite the import process ... as perishable commodity import from Latin America is the key product handled. As the ag imports have grown, so have the PRODUCTION bases in each Latin American country, and those growers, wealthy and well established in their own countries, have opened offices and established 2nd or 3rd homes in Miami. Miami has been, very accurately, referred to as "The Capital of Latin America". It is no longer the sleep retirement community of the 1960's. Nor is it the "Cuban dominated" city of the 80's and 90's. The growth has been phenomenal and you see it in the home prices (people buy $1 million dollar homes as tear downs in Coral Gables and Pinecrest), the cars on the road (Porsches, Range Rovers and even Bentleys are as common in Miami as F150 pick up trucks are in Central Florida), and the plethora of ethnic cuisine dining options. There are more Peruvian restaurants in Miami than there are BBQ restaurants in Daytona Beach and Volusia County. I lived in Coral Gables for 30 years ... I wore my UM polo to work on Thursdays when UM had a night game ... nobody in my office had any clue as to what it was. And today it is more heavily Latino (first generation immigrant).
It gets awfully quiet in these stadium threads when facts start to roll in.....

They built the Marlins a new house???.. How'd that go??.. The building doesn't drive fans to games.... The team does... Give people a quality product and they will come to watch...
Okay so let’s just assume miami begins to put a good product on the field with Mario consistently. Can we then discuss a new stadium that isn’t the dolphins headquarters top to bottom?

I agree attendance will increase with a good product but we’re still beating around the bush that getting out of HRS should be the end goal regardless

Last edited:
Advertisement
Okay so let’s just assume miami begins to put a good product on the field with Mario. Can we then please discuss a new stadium that isn’t the dolphins headquarters top to bottom?

I agree attendance will increase with a good product but we’re still beating around the bush that getting out of HRS should be the end goal regardless
And move to .... where? There isn't even real estate development land in Miami Dade County for new residential home projects any longer. Lennar, one of the biggest developers in Miami Dade in the 90's through 2015 changed focus from single family residential to vertical condo projects in Miami Dade ... as there was no more land. Outside of Tropical Park ... where several county commissioners have already voiced a negative opinion of a stadium project ... where do you propose that UM and any investors locate a stadium? If there isn't land available to build new homes on 12,000 SFT lots how do you "wish into reality" a 160 -200 acre building site ... "close to UM"?

And move to .... where? There isn't even real estate development land in Miami Dade County for new residential home projects any longer. Lennar, one of the biggest developers in Miami Dade in the 90's through 2015 changed focus from single family residential to vertical condo projects in Miami Dade ... as there was no more land. Outside of Tropical Park ... where several county commissioners have already voiced a negative opinion of a stadium project ... where do you propose that UM and any investors locate a stadium? If there isn't land available to build new homes on 12,000 SFT lots how do you "wish into reality" a 160 -200 acre building site ... "close to UM"?
That’s a completely different topic. As of now the answer is tropical park. Does it get approved? Who knows but the point is….Getting out of hrs should be priority #1 for the miami hurricanes after we build the “forever home of the miami hurricanes” on campus

That’s a completely different topic. As of now the answer is tropical park. Does it get approved? Who knows but the point is….Getting out of hrs should be priority #1 for the miami hurricanes after we build the “forever home of the miami hurricanes” on campus
Not another topic IT IS THE topic ... the only topic. Have you ever BEEN to Miami? Right now the largest single parcel of land for sale is a 7.5 acre veg farm parcel at 20305 SW 180th St., Miami. That is way south on Krome Avenue .. and is 24 miles from campus. Tropical park is not "the answer as of now" as you state ... a project hasn't even been PREPARED let alone presented for County (and voter) approval ... and several of the commissioners already stated that it is not happening. There is no "on campus" space period ... unless you physically level the university classrooms and move the SCHOOL to another location. Forget it, it's not happening. Why do you think the billionaires with political clout have struggled for a decade to try and get approval for a soccer stadium at Melreese (a county owned golf course) ... because there isn't any non-occupied land available any longer in Miami Dade County ... THAT IS the only topic. FAU can build 5 stadiums ... they have large acreage and abutt vacant farmland.

My statement is a fact my friend...look in the mirror

Besides, its VERY WELL KNOWN that our fans base is one of, if not the most, toxic in all of college football.

I mean we fly ******* banners over our games, and have people chanting that players suck...even if we happen to be winning that particular game.

WTF

Build it next to the airport, problem with the banners likely solved due to no fly zone. 🤣

Advertisement
HRS is temporary. It always was. Thanks
Was "temporary" with a 25 year lease ... that will in reality most likely be renewed. Would love to see UM have their own stadium, but unless they open a satellite campus somewhere where there is actually land to build on I doubt we ever see it happen.

Advertisement
This stadium on campus has been done to death. Even during the OB days. Nothing has really changed over all the years. I can't remember how many different people have came up with a plan and raised money to build a stadium. I agree HRS is not the ideal stadium for UM, but it is all we have at present and the foreseeable future.

So now the argument for staying at Hard Rock is that Miami isn't white enough? Wow.

Advertisement
Not this stupid on campus stadium BS again...once and for all....there is NO room to build even a HS stadium on campus, let alone a CFB stadium....Jesus Christ man.. we only have 210 acres....and it's all occupied..stop it. This seems to be an every day occurrence on CIS.

Not this stupid on campus stadium BS again...once and for all....there is NO room to build even a HS stadium on campus, let alone a CFB stadium....Jesus Christ man.. we only have 210 acres....and it's all occupied..stop it. This seems to be an every day occurrence on CIS.
Where are you guys getting I’m saying an on campus stadium? This is now multiple people saying this nonsense directed at me. I’m quoting Dan radakovich word for word on what he’s calling the football only facility. He refers to it as the “forever home of the miami hurricanes”

The stadium talk really makes people jump to conclusions 🤣 cracks me up

So now the argument for staying at Hard Rock is that Miami isn't white enough? Wow.
Where did you come up with that?? I didn't make ANY argument for staying at Hard Rock .... I simply stated FACTS on the population demographics (not color .... you do realize that a very large % of Latinos ... are white right? Ethnicity and race are two very distinct items) that show why the residents living in the City of Miami will not walk or drive to a new stadium. I also stated the FACTS regarding the unavailability of land to build a stadium ANYWHERE in Miami Dade as there is NO unoccupied land. You seem to like to simply make **** up.

Advertisement
Back