MEGA Mega Merged Stadium Thread.

I'm a first generation Latin resident of Miami who is plenty interested in college football, and am familiar with many more. Of course the newly arrived Guats don't give a rip about UM football but you're wrongly assuming that everyone in Dade with brown skin doesn't care about the team or football. Who do you think is filling the stadium for those 1 or 2 games a year when a marquee opponent comes to town? It's the Kendall and Hialeah aceres who love nothing more than to go buck wild at a Canes game when we're actually good. No one is here to argue that this is still the sleepy white village of Miamuh, but you're the one sounding plenty ignorant right now. Where do you live currently?
Lived in Coral Gables for 30 years ... and am very current with knowledge of Miami and demographics. Left in 2014 but visit friends in the Gables several times a year and attend UM home football games as a season ticket holder. The company I worked with had over 70 employees ... mgmt staff, sales staff, warehouse staff, and outside of the owner, me, and two sales guys, there wasn't a single person in the company that had ANY awareness whatsoever of college football in general or UM football. Entire staff was Latino (Controller, VP Finance down to janitor). Skin color had nothing to do with it ... many Latinos don't have "brown skin" as you state ... but are as white as my Irish skin. My neighbors in Coral Gables were all Latino, doctors, business owners, and not one of them knew anything about college football. I know many people, professionals with families, that have moved to Miami from Chile, Argentina, Venezuela, Peru and the Dom Rep ... who have no knowledge or awareness of college football. Now 10 years later their children, born in Miami and growing up there, certainly might. UM having their own stadium would be nice. Chances that it actually happens might be 10% as the Tropical Park location is a highly political location and there just isn't a 200 acre non-developed site IN Dade county.

Advertisement
The lake idea is fantasy but if they were to level Mark Light, the right field parking structure, Cobb Stadium and Greentree, I do believe a decent size stadium could be constructed in that space. But since I know I have to with some of you, just want to reiterate that I'm aware that there is no chance of that ever happening.
Whats roads would people access this "parking structure"? Hahah You definitely have never been to UM or Coral Gables.

Whats roads would people access this "parking structure"? Hahah You definitely have never been to UM or Coral Gables.
You really are crazy. I suggested leveling (demolishing) the existing parking structure to make room for a stadium. Read a book.

You really are crazy. I suggested leveling (demolishing) the existing parking structure to make room for a stadium. Read a book.
Jeff Goldblum What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

Advertisement
Lived in Coral Gables for 30 years ... and am very current with knowledge of Miami and demographics. Left in 2014 but visit friends in the Gables several times a year and attend UM home football games as a season ticket holder. The company I worked with had over 70 employees ... mgmt staff, sales staff, warehouse staff, and outside of the owner, me, and two sales guys, there wasn't a single person in the company that had ANY awareness whatsoever of college football in general or UM football. Entire staff was Latino (Controller, VP Finance down to janitor). Skin color had nothing to do with it ... many Latinos don't have "brown skin" as you state ... but are as white as my Irish skin. My neighbors in Coral Gables were all Latino, doctors, business owners, and not one of them knew anything about college football. I know many people, professionals with families, that have moved to Miami from Chile, Argentina, Venezuela, Peru and the Dom Rep ... who have no knowledge or awareness of college football. Now 10 years later their children, born in Miami and growing up there, certainly might. UM having their own stadium would be nice. Chances that it actually happens might be 10% as the Tropical Park location is a highly political location and there just isn't a 200 acre non-developed site IN Dade county.
Well I grew up in Coral Gables with parents not born here, but I guess since the company you worked for had no college football fans, and apparently no one you know has any knowledge of college football, then we shouldn't even bother having this discussion. Beat UNC.

Well I grew up in Coral Gables with parents not born here, but I guess since the company you worked for had no college football fans, and apparently no one you know has any knowledge of college football, then we shouldn't even bother having this discussion. Beat UNC.
Huge difference ... YOU GREW UP HERE ... vs your parents who did not. How much were your parents into college football when they arrived? Like I said ... the people WHO MOVED HERE ... the majority of the 800,000 that moved to Miami since 1990 ... had and for the most part still have ... no interest in college football. THEIR CHILDREN who grow up, go to grade school and high school, are part of a totally distinct cultural experience. They are growing up as Americans exposed to a lot of the same things that kids all over this country are exposed to ... with the benefit of having access to an incredible diversity of amazing restaurants. I love getting to Miami for Peruvian Ceviche and legit Cuban food and a favorite Colombian restaurant.

Well the 1st step was to present renderings, which he did via social media instead of council. That also rubbed ppl wrong per the article I read.

oh. well this is his typical way of acting and he does rub people the wrong way. i've seen it. he should have been discrete and started aligning the political side before going public and acting as if it were a done deal. so, you are correct. he didn't start the process in the correct manner

having said that, it is correctable if he hires the right people, although i am not sure that it is going to work in the end.

from a political side, i believe he first has to make a deal with the county, then that deal has to be get approval by the commission and then that deal has to be approved by the voters. tough tough road ahead

Advertisement
I wanted to comment on that as well but realized there was nothing sensical there to comment on. Your gif was my face to a tee... 🤣🤣
Technically there's land on campus for a stadium as described in my hypothetical scenario. I post with retards.

Technically there's land on campus for a stadium as described in my hypothetical scenario. I post with retards.
Rok, how do you feel about setting up bleachers around green tree and having that be our stadium? With how many of our players are elite on green tree, but no other fields, it could provide the advantage we seek in a home stadium. Plus, with bleachers we might be able to have most seats filled.

Just food for thought.

Advertisement
Rok, how do you feel about setting up bleachers around green tree and having that be our stadium? With how many of our players are elite on green tree, but no other fields, it could provide the advantage we seek in a home stadium. Plus, with bleachers we might be able to have most seats filled.

Just food for thought.
More than just food for thought. An on-campus stadium is a 100% certainty. The surrounding area is perfectly suited for it and the nearby residents would not object at all. Radakovich will get it done.

Advertisement
More than just food for thought. An on-campus stadium is a 100% certainty. The surrounding area is perfectly suited for it and the nearby residents would not object at all. Radakovich will get it done.
Hard to argue with this. Good stuff.

This won't be an issue once we construct our new stadium on campus.
There would be zero parking issues if green tree transitioned into our stadium. Transitioning is all the rage these days and Miami needs to get in on that action.

Advertisement
Back