MEGA Mega Merged Stadium Thread.

I still think on campus is a huge issue. It's a big problem trying to get 50k fans south of Miami proper. That's a lot of cars. I agree with the 50k number though, also because it could create a little more artificial scarcity in ticket sales, driving urgency for fans. All this said, I invision a stadium campus, somewhere with no red lights to the stadium or to the interstate. Somewhere the university can maybe have convenient hotels and restaurants, not sure if this is possible? If it had a retractable roof we could could get it into spring and summer concert tours for Garth Brooks and Adele and Drake and whoever else. That's mo-money, mo-money, mo-money.

How about Fantasyland?

Advertisement

Since moving to their current stadium in 1987, the Miami Dolphins have had zero Super Bowl appearances, only six playoff victories, twelve head coaches and a 49% win-percentage. The Dolphins went to the Super Bowl four months before digging up the remains, and they haven’t been back since.

The Miami Hurricanes football team has won 5 National Championships and all of them happened while playing in the Orange Bowl. (1983, 1987, 1989, 1991, 2001). The Hurricanes won 80% of their games since 1983 at the Orange Bowl, but since moving to Hard Rock Stadium in 2008, the Hurricanes have only had one bowl win and have only won 37.5% of their games. 61 of the 65 Power 5 programs have more bowl wins over that span. Prior to that, Miami had a solid 18-13 bowl-game record. “

I been had my bags pack. We need to call the Babalao & Counsel of Elders stat Pat.

Call the medicine man, the rain man, the sand man pronto.

All tenants of JRS are in a state of perpetual mediocrity. Like Forever

New Stadium is our only hope. Forget Hykeem we need to dream bigger.
D78A53BB-D026-4F85-ACEE-A2B9BCA4D9A5.gif
C13954DF-98A3-4AEC-80C0-FA47FA9EA38E.gif

G
I still think on campus is a huge issue. It's a big problem trying to get 50k fans south of Miami proper. That's a lot of cars. I agree with the 50k number though, also because it could create a little more artificial scarcity in ticket sales, driving urgency for fans. All this said, I invision a stadium campus, somewhere with no red lights to the stadium or to the interstate. Somewhere the university can maybe have convenient hotels and restaurants, not sure if this is possible? If it had a retractable roof we could could get it into spring and summer concert tours for Garth Brooks and Adele and Drake and whoever else. That's mo-money, mo-money, mo-money.
Good intentions but not gonna happen in Miami...

Advertisement
I think if people check their egos for a second and concede that we can’t, even when we’re winning, consistently pack a 70,000+ stadium then we’ll get somewhere.

The on-campus stadium idea helps because you could build a 50k stadium with an architectural design that’s conducive to an electric environment. We don’t need a 70k+ stadium to have an intimidating home venue. The loyal fans that show up will bring the energy and 50k will sound like 70k.
On Campus??....Not this stupid sh*t again. Where tf are you putting even a 45,000- 50,000 seat Stadium on 210 "Occupied" acres??....even if we had the room (which we absolutely don't) the City of Coral Gables would NEVER let that happen. I can't believe some people can't get this through their thick skulls.

Classic CIS, one thread calling to burn the whole program down because we suck and will never recover and Mario is the worst coach ever to lace them up, and another thread asking for our own stadium.

Time Girlfriend GIF

Advertisement
I think if people check their egos for a second and concede that we can’t, even when we’re winning, consistently pack a 70,000+ stadium then we’ll get somewhere.

The on-campus stadium idea helps because you could build a 50k stadium with an architectural design that’s conducive to an electric environment. We don’t need a 70k+ stadium to have an intimidating home venue. The loyal fans that show up will bring the energy and 50k will sound like 70k.
Either you're joking or you've never been to Coral gables and the University. Because if you did you would realize there is no room and nobody would be able to get to the games.

Advertisement
Until we get an "ON Campus Stadium" we will never win a NC.

Oh wait......................

When compared with HRS, Tropical Park might as well be located on the roof of the Richter Library. It takes under 1 hour to walk from campus to TP. If fans from Broward and Palm Beach County are so concerned about the team moving to its own stadium near campus, then maybe you all should actually show up to games at HRS.

Advertisement
incur all the cost for no appreciable difference and a smaller stadium. Being makes total sense.

But if people are expecting that a stadium in tropical means 55k for a 12pm game in September for Stetson then they better realize that that ain’t happening. And if we’re a perennial 8-4 team then they also better realize that we ain’t packing the house for UNC even if you make a retractable roof stadium on key biscayne with 100% of the spaces available for tailgating.

This is what our "Fanbase" refuses to understand. WE ARE NOT A STATE SCHOOL WHERE KIDS DREAM OF ATTENDING THE UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI.

Breaking it down to what really made The U so great and so unique in our heyday, Miami Gardens is a perfect location for the Canes to play home games.

The university or its leadership didn't have a thing to do with Hurricane Football becoming an iconic and singular brand.

The No. 1 ingredient was (and will be for any rebirth) the local communities who live, breath and sleep football beyond any other black urban(ish) area in America.

Talking about a new stadium generates a certain buzz and excitement.

But that money would be much better spent strengthening infrastructure, rebuilding ties and, yes, "playing the game" in SoFla high school/7-on-7 football and recruiting

Last edited:
When compared with HRS, Tropical Park might as well be located on the roof of the Richter Library. It takes under 1 hour to walk from campus to TP. If fans from Broward and Palm Beach County are so concerned about the team moving to its own stadium near campus, then maybe you all should actually show up to games at HRS.
If you think it's bad now, wait until it's farther south.

Occums razor with this stadium issue.

The simplest possible solution already exists and has already happened before.

Stop crying like little btches and booing in the stands and pack the rock. Show the Fck up when the team needs us the most.

You say we love the canes and love the players in the team.

Would you boo your son? Would you be yelling in the stands for him to get benched?

It’s called support. This ain’t Blake James any more.
The school and admin are stepping up.
Yet many of you are already folding.
Show up cheer on the team and actually show some of the alleged “love” you have for it.

Me and my family will be there.

Occums razor with this stadium issue.

The simplest possible solution already exists and has already happened before.

Stop crying like little btches and booing in the stands and pack the rock. Show the Fck up when the team needs us the most.

You say we love the canes and love the players in the team.

Would you boo your son? Would you be yelling in the stands for him to get benched?

It’s called support. This ain’t Blake James any more.
The school and admin are stepping up.
Yet many of you are already folding.
Show up cheer on the team and actually show some of the alleged “love” you have for it.

Me and my family will be there.

This is it right here.

Advertisement
Back