Media is the Opposition of truth!!

Advertisement
This is the sort of elite recruit we have been landing recently(before this year). One with a lot of question marks and very few legit offers. Then we all question why our elite recruits don’t pan out and Alabama’s do.

I stopped at the thread title

Yep. The guy is a tinfoil-hat-wearing weirdo. He expects sports media to do some sort of hard-hitting, heavily-researched, fair-and-balanced reporting for a kid's signing day announcement.

Bizarre. Yet nobody has taken away his log-in privileges, so we'll get more of his brain nuggets in the future.

I wont get into the larger issue of disinformation in our national media but the framing for the Lewis commitment was a joke by NBC. Everyone who saw that commitment now believes that Maryland out recruited Miami and Tennessee for Lewis. Now I'll be clear, *** Tennessee!!! They have been a vastly overrated program for as long as I've been alive but lets be honest Maryland is a nothing program. Teams like UCF are more attractive programs in my opinion.

Now I dont think NBC should have **** on the kid but they should have been truthful. They never stated that the kid had off field issues that scared school away, which saids alot with the low ethics of college fb. They also never said that kid has jumped from program to program for suspect reasons.

If you look at my prior post you'll see that I never wanted the kid to be a cane. So im not disappointment that hes going to Maryland ( A Joke program and Joke state) but it is annoying how Miami looks like the loser. We do a good enough job looking like losers on own, dont need the media piling on with falsehoods. Idiot reporter is a clown.

Lmao "Y'all feel me"

If you saw the interview you get the reference.

Since Shalala Miami has gone to lengths to avoid any resemblance to “Thug U” so we stay far and away from any “dogs” as Neon Deion said.

Miami wants to be like ND and Stanford— good kids with good grades and have competitive teams that can make the quarter finals of the CFP.

They now have good kids and good grades...but not competitive yet.

In the bigger scheme— having your school and degree being respected is worth a lot more to the BIG MONEY alumni and their business and political aspirations.

you won’t see Bama and Clemson degrees as anything special to respect despite their football dominance.

Since Shalala Miami has gone to lengths to avoid any resemblance to “Thug U” so we stay far and away from any “dogs” as Neon Deion said.

Miami wants to be like ND and Stanford— good kids with good grades and have competitive teams that can make the quarter finals of the CFP.

They now have good kids and good grades...but not competitive yet.

In the bigger scheme— having your school and degree being respected is worth a lot more to the BIG MONEY alumni and their business and political aspirations.

you won’t see Bama and Clemson degrees as anything special to respect despite their football dominance.
That might be but it wasnt the case here. #1 ILB in the country and he wasnt recruited by the major college powers. Its not grades.

Btw having bad grades isnt the criteria for being a "dog". I would say Berrios was a "dog" and dude was valedictorian.

Advertisement
Btw having bad grades isnt the criteria for being a "dog". I would say Berrios was a "dog" and dude was valedictorian.

Berrios was a RARE EXCEPTION....

99% of the time the "Dogs" aint there for an education...they are there for a shot at the NFL....or else UPS deliver gig.

Kinda like when Geraldo broadcast the opening of Al Capone's vault.
That's where it all started to go bad. Do you remember he did an undercover drug thing a few years later; he's in a hotel room hidden camera and the perp says - you look like that guy who made a fool out of himsef with Capone's Safe

Advertisement
Back