Media is the Opposition of truth!!

Advertisement
I wont get into the larger issue of disinformation in our national media but the framing for the Lewis commitment was a joke by NBC. Everyone who saw that commitment now believes that Maryland out recruited Miami and Tennessee for Lewis. Now I'll be clear, *** Tennessee!!! They have been a vastly overrated program for as long as I've been alive but lets be honest Maryland is a nothing program. Teams like UCF are more attractive programs in my opinion.

Now I dont think NBC should have **** on the kid but they should have been truthful. They never stated that the kid had off field issues that scared school away, which saids alot with the low ethics of college fb. They also never said that kid has jumped from program to program for suspect reasons.

If you look at my prior post you'll see that I never wanted the kid to be a cane. So im not disappointment that hes going to Maryland ( A Joke program and Joke state) but it is annoying how Miami looks like the loser. We do a good enough job looking like losers on own, dont need the media piling on with falsehoods. Idiot reporter is a clown.

Lmao "Y'all feel me"

If you saw the interview you get the reference.
There are a lot of problems with the media in this country, but let’s be honest - ‘sports’ media isn’t even media - it’s entertainment. Those folks aren’t there to tell yu the truth. They spin narratives for entertainment properties, they don’t cover ‘real life’. Sports may be more real than WWF, but ‘sports media’ is not more real than WWF commentary.

There are a lot of problems with the media in this country, but let’s be honest - ‘sports’ media isn’t even media - it’s entertainment. Those folks aren’t there to tell yu the truth. They spin narratives for entertainment properties, they don’t cover ‘real life’. Sports may be more real than WWF, but ‘sports media’ is not more real than WWF commentary.
I agree, but it doesnt mean we shouldnt point out the bullsh1t. Like i said you dont have to **** on the kid but be more truthful. It benefits all parties involved.

I agree, however, it seems like we did want him in the end. The coaches seem to mishandle everything early on and then try to fix it all too late in the process when all other options fall apart. If they'd just stay consistent with kids as backups, I don't think we'd be left at the alter so much.
If true then it’s pretty sad considering that not only is he from Miami, but he has a lot of his friends in the class of ‘21. But i still think there is more to this recruitment than meets the eye. We may never know the truth behind his issues and our level of interest but something seemed off all along.

If true then it’s pretty sad considering that not only is he from Miami, but he has a lot of his friends in the class of ‘21. But i still think there is more to this recruitment than meets the eye. We may never know the truth behind his issues and our level of interest but something seemed off all along.
we acted like we were too good for him for the whole process, then showed up on prom night with some wilted flowers ans were all talkimbout da crib - maryland at least bought him a limo and dinner

Advertisement
This dude just wanted a chance to continue a LOST fight and attack a media outlet he was obviously watching. When top position players in your own back yard go to Maryland, you suck! Keep looking out the window. Maybe dude drops your girl off early tonight.

This dude just wanted a chance to continue a LOST fight and attack a media outlet he was obviously watching. When top position players in your own back yard go to Maryland, you suck! Keep looking out the window. Maybe dude drops your girl off early tonight.
Another idiot comment. You can say we suk n u wouldnt be wrong but are saying Marylands suks less? If you are than again you prove that you dont know **** buddy boy!!!

Advertisement
This isn’t a one-off situation. You can watch any team in the top 10 and find players we’ve lost recruiting battles for.
Unless you're Alabama you lose recruiting battles.

Our problem has been evaluations and development - we've missed out on a ton of kids that those plugged into the SoFl HS community have vouched for, only to see them go off to Bum**** University and ball out.

Advertisement
we acted like we were too good for him for the whole process, then showed up on prom night with some wilted flowers ans were all talkimbout da crib - maryland at least bought him a limo and dinner
I don't know the ins and out of it, but clearly there's some major red flags around this kid if even the bottom-feeders of the SEC aren't offering a 5* recruit.

If I had to guess I'd suggest Diaz / Baker were talked into offering the kid by his friends (he's friends with Williams, right?) after they were spurned on NSD part 1 by that CB. I doubt we recruited him heavily and I doubt we're particularly bothered that he went elsewhere - it was a roll of the dice on a talented player whilst also appeasing your top recruits.

I don't think the kid was ever coming here though - he seemed all up in his feelings about the recruiting process.

I wont get into the larger issue of disinformation in our national media but the framing for the Lewis commitment was a joke by NBC. Everyone who saw that commitment now believes that Maryland out recruited Miami and Tennessee for Lewis. Now I'll be clear, *** Tennessee!!! They have been a vastly overrated program for as long as I've been alive but lets be honest Maryland is a nothing program. Teams like UCF are more attractive programs in my opinion.

Now I dont think NBC should have **** on the kid but they should have been truthful. They never stated that the kid had off field issues that scared school away, which saids alot with the low ethics of college fb. They also never said that kid has jumped from program to program for suspect reasons.

If you look at my prior post you'll see that I never wanted the kid to be a cane. So im not disappointment that hes going to Maryland ( A Joke program and Joke state) but it is annoying how Miami looks like the loser. We do a good enough job looking like losers on own, dont need the media piling on with falsehoods. Idiot reporter is a clown.

Lmao "Y'all feel me"

If you saw the interview you get the reference.
Hard to not look like a loser when you have been a loser for close to 20 yrs.

Unless you're Alabama you lose recruiting battles.

Our problem has been evaluations and development - we've missed out on a ton of kids that those plugged into the SoFl HS community have vouched for, only to see them go off to Bum**** University and ball out.
We aren’t losing these battles just to Alabama. We’re losing them to the dregs of cfb.

Also, your evals look a lot better when you’re able to sign the players that u are grading the highest. But those guys have largely gone elsewhere. Bama, Clemson, Taint get a lot, but so do Maryland, Louisville, Arkansas, Tennessee, And other schools that we shouldn’t lose to.

But yea, Our coaching isn’t good. Recruiting, evaluations, development, schematics... it’s all been varying degrees of subpar for 20 years.. I’m ok with firing everyone every 3 years because at least that gives us hope.

Advertisement
I’ll set the o/u at 1.5 years he’s in the portal or kicked off. Regardless if he went to Miami or Maryland that’s happening. I only wanted him for star ranking because I was star whoring. This would’ve been a gatuh like move. “ Top 7 class bro”

I’ll set the o/u at 1.5 years he’s in the portal or kicked off. Regardless if he went to Miami or Maryland that’s happening. I only wanted him for star ranking because I was star whoring. This would’ve been a gatuh like move. “ Top 7 class bro”
1000% couldn’t agree more. Also probably best he’s getting away from miami if we’re being honest

It took a football commitment for you to come to this conclusion? Have you been in a coma the last 4 years?

Advertisement
Back