Meanwhile, in Bama...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I just respect the excellence. Can you imagine this board if we won 12 games a year for a decade? Lol
Dont care for Bama but like there talent level and the way they do things, they took our recipe made it their own. That will be over soon, I dont think Cane fans are fake for knowing Bama. Basically most of the guys we recruit are on that roster most of the time, its basically the only reason we know about them and they win. Other than that fuq bama

Advertisement
This arguably the best CFB szn since 07. Oregon went up to OSU and thoroughly whipped that ***. This was the worse Bama team to make it. This was what everyone wanted. A g5 program made the off. Michigan beat OSU and was in the playoffs. Texas vs OU was a classic. Baylor vs OKst was a classic. Michigan st vs Michigan was a classic. The national championship game was intriguing to watch and what the ramifications of the results will be. UGA just won a title for the first time since the 80s with a walk-on QB and went through Saban ( something most around thought Kirby was a corch for NOT being able to do ) to do it…the coaching carousel was even entertaining lol. Signing day has the biggest flip of all time…and the best part? Miami is investing in Football at a elite level now
alonzo.gif

Advertisement
I'm always hesitant when I see "Alabama will fall off this year". They've just been a machine for too long for an immediate drop-off to occur. Even last season's "weak" Bama team was the second best team in the country and likely would have won the championship with better injury luck. Still, the transfer portal is opening a few chinks in their armor. Yes, the have been able to fill roster gaps with top-line transfers but prior to the portal, they didn't have roster gaps. They just replaced outgoing 5 star players with another batch of 5 star guys they had groomed as replacements. Now, there's a growing number of 5 star guys not wanting to wait around and be groomed as replacements and you're starting to see them enter the portal. So while they've been able to maintain short-term depth by filling spots with portal guys, they're losing long term depth as a result. I don't necessarily believe that it's to a point where they'll have significant drop-off but it's definitely gotten harder for them to just hoard all the top players and stash them on their bench until they feel like using them.
Exactly.

What they need are some good old fashioned major NCAA sanctions. Maybe have SI put out a “Bama Should Drop Football” special issue.

The real ? is what are the real Bama fans going to do with their time when Bama starts going 6-6 and Saban leaves... hmmm, HBCUs coming mane...

People laughed but I said throughout the summer that this was the year to play bama. This upcoming season will be when all of the accolades will be deserved. And this is coming from a guy that probably hates them more than anyone on this board.

I agree, with great bias, I might add. BAMA was the second-youngest team in the SEC. A number of Juniors are leaving, including a few that look like they should stick it out. Slade Bolton is one of those. But, there are a ton of receivers coming in and Bolton knows the depth chart much better than I do. Overall, BAMA is going to have a solid defense, and with Bryce Young back at the controls, they should have a dynamic offense again. BAMA will be a tough out.

Advertisement
Back