Meanwhile, in Bama...

Gino said that because he was drunk the whole game. He routinely would play drunk by the way. It was an all around horrible game for us. But we know the approach to the game and coaching was a far bigger issue than any back end talent. If not for curry and Copeland we dish rag y'all. But hindsight is 20 20 and you guys came out to go while we laid down. Congrats.

With that active imagination, you should be a Heisman voter.

Advertisement
It's been a beauty contest since the beginning. Being highly subjective is what the award has always been and that pretty much defines a football "fan." Kinda like when Gino Torretta beats out Marshal Faulk and Garrison Hearst in '92." Yep, we got a great look at that winner, up close and personal.

That's what I thought he said was at qb. At qb they've been basic as can be for a long time. The one who would've almost definitely won it couldn't stay healthy long enough to qualify for it. Besides the almighty tankless tua who would deserve that at qb for bama? I'll agree with you and say none.
Could easily argue Kyler Murray deserved that award over Tua.

Their greatest QB, Bart Starr, didn't even start his senior year. Bear Bryant held a grudge against him for so long for not going to Kentucky, he benched him in the blue-gray game. Their next best QB, 1A to Starr, was Stabler, and he was nothing great in college. Namath is overrated.

Everyone is looking for a ***** in the armor…Coaches leave Bama annually. He’ll probably add another fromer NFL HC in his Rehabilitation program. They reshuffle the bottom of their roster annually. They hit the portal and signed Gibbs and ricks top 2 potions of need. Both guys are big time pulls. Recruiting class? Ranked 2nd lol. They just played in a natty with The worse roster Bama has had in a championship game..there’s no trouble in trailorloosa yet unfortunately

they have a former NFL HC as their OL coach lol. they don't get up and comers to fill their coaching vacancies, they get fired NFL HCS. they also returned TooToo on D which is huge

Would being a former All American suffice?
Barack Obama Mic Drop GIF

Advertisement
You could, especially given that coach Saban wouldn't let Tua complete most of the 3rd quarter much less 4th until the LSU game that year. But I'm discussing the Heisman and Alabama's 125 years of futility.
Their greatest QB, Bart Starr, didn't even start his senior year. Bear Bryant held a grudge against him for so long for not going to Kentucky, he benched him in the blue-gray game. Their next best QB, 1A to Starr, was Stabler, and he was nothing great in college. Namath is overrated.

Bart Starr and BAMA's greatest? Only if you want to rightly consider his great NFL career. And Joe Willie and the Snake both won National Championships at BAMA. Must have done something right once upon a time.

Advertisement
Not him, the guy you said has an active imagination.
OK, but the directive is the same. There is not another football award that has been more politicized than the Heisman. That doesn't mean that all the other major college awards don't fit the same category, but the Heisman is simply number one in popularity and always has been. So the corruption factor is just that much higher.

OK, but the directive is the same. There is not another football award that has been more politicized than the Heisman. That doesn't mean that all the other major college awards don't fit the same category, but the Heisman is simply number one in popularity and always has been. So the corruption factor is just that much higher.
If it was up to gaytor fans, Trask would’ve won it. They had Emory Jones for Heisman before the season started.

Sure, have at it. If you can legitimize the historical narrative that is the Heisman vote and winners, go for it.
I’m not personally a former AA, but the person you subtly took a jab at just might be.

You won’t get an argument from me about how illegitimate the Heisman voting is and has been. Arguments could be made there are several Canes that were more deserving than some winners.

Quite frankly, Canes give zero f**ks whether or not a Bama player wins a Heisman or not. Coming to a Canes football message board and debating whether or not a Bama player should have won a Heisman is, well, not very smart.

Advertisement
You could, especially given that coach Saban wouldn't let Tua complete most of the 3rd quarter much less 4th until the LSU game that year. But I'm discussing the Heisman and Alabama's 125 years of futility.

Bart Starr and BAMA's greatest? Only if you want to rightly consider his great NFL career. And Joe Willie and the Snake both won National Championships at BAMA. Must have done something right once upon a time.
Yes, Starr i guess, but pre 1970 championships were pretty lame. Not every team played in bowls, and there was a racial barrier as well. Stabler didn't even throw for 1000 yards in '66. Different game from today.

I named those three because no one remembers AJ McCarron.

But tell me which QBs were denied the Heisman pre 2009.

I’m not personally a former AA, but the person you subtly took a jab at just might be.

You won’t get an argument from me about how illegitimate the Heisman voting is and has been. Arguments could be made there are several Canes that were more deserving than some winners.

Quite frankly, Canes give zero f**ks whether or not a Bama player wins a Heisman or not. Coming to a Canes football message board and debating whether or not a Bama player should have won a Heisman is, well, not very smart.
Inviting a football fan to state his case about the Heisman is hardly a subtle jab at anyone. Perhaps you are in too big a hurry to be offended by a humble visitor? BAMA has won 4 Heismans in the last dozen years of college football. It would seem to me that when I take a jab at the legitimacy of this historical award it would now include all the recent Crimson Tide winners as well. You can decide how smart that is.

Inviting a football fan to state his case about the Heisman is hardly a subtle jab at anyone. Perhaps you are in too big a hurry to be offended by a humble visitor? BAMA has won 4 Heismans in the last dozen years of college football. It would seem to me that when I take a jab at the legitimacy of this historical award it would now include all the recent Crimson Tide winners as well. You can decide how smart that is.
Not offended in the least and it seems that your so called humbleness has been overcome by another trait. The way in which you phrased your request for a response from said poster was hardly a humble request.

As I mentioned, we both agree that the Heisman is nothing more than a popularity contest. Whether or not a Bama player is deserving is irrelevant to Canes.

Advertisement

dont forget mike shula. he was a superstar.

Advertisement
Back