McMurphy Tweet (UM v Gators?)

If we can't shame them when they refuse to play us normally, what makes you think we could shame them for not playing us in the middle of a pandemic?

Scheduling issues are always the excuse. There will be at least 2 open weeks. No excuses now (if it’s allowed)

Advertisement
Sign me up for whatever plan allows us to play a 10 or so game season in the fall/winter. The rest of the details can be figured out by conference leadership and athletic directors. I just have to see what Lashlee does with all of this offensive talent and what havoc the DL can wreak this season. There's just too much positive stuff about to happen this season for me to believe that it can all go away.

Advertisement
I say Conferences should allow all teams to be honorary members this fall. All teams kinda be one big conference for this year. Every team could then play their schedule, all Games would be a conference game so COVID-19 won’t hurt any of them! 🤔

Scheduling issues are always the excuse. There will be at least 2 open weeks. No excuses now (if it’s allowed)

Bro... You're completely ignoring the reason those weeks would be open. There is exactly zero chance that we add teams to the schedule this year.

This is the scenario that gets ND their games. They will play the ACC teams without a traditional in state SEC rival.
So we may get ND this year.

Advertisement
As my younger Cane bretheren might say; they do not want to step to this.

They've been ducking us for 30 years, and a Randy Shannon led 2008 and a bunch of freshmen gave Tim Tebow and company all they could handle for 3 quarters. In fact we gave Ole Miss the blueprint on how to stop Tebow that year.

As far as I'm concerned, they either play us every year, or not at all. I remember after they played us in '08, they requested the Seminole War Canoe back, and our athletic department told them to **** off.

They need us. We don't need them.

Make it late in the season and play the game. We will have gelled by then. We will be a better team this year not so sure about them.

Do it in Canesville so their are no excuses. Can’t believe anyone would want to duck the gator.

Could obviously be FSU, but imagine if we get ND and UF in the same year?

(The season isn't happening, but the thought of King vs the Gators & Irish, along with a bunch of bourbon, will help me get through July)

I have enough bourbon for the summer but those two games in one season might test my reserves of high end good stuff if we win them. Mybe I can alternate some Irish whiskey every other drink for the ND game to save enough good stuff for beating those frigging gator.

Advertisement
Fiction: There was never a law enacted that ordered Florida to play Florida State in Football. House Bill 333, called for a state policy requiring athletic competition between Florida and Florida State in all sports failed in 1955.

Fact: The State Board of Control Ordered Florida to play Florida State in Football in 1958.
If memory serves, after they dropped us they suggested dropping FSU and the threat of a state law was made. At least that's what I read in either Feldman or Martz's book.

Advertisement
Back