McMurphy Tweet (UM v Gators?)

Advertisement

Could obviously be FSU, but imagine if we get ND and UF in the same year?

(The season isn't happening, but the thought of King vs the Gators & Irish, along with a bunch of bourbon, will help me get through July)

We play both in 2024 and 2025.

Lol, a 10 game season with at least 1 non conference game. So basically 85% of a regular season.

And no, theyll play FSU, not us.

Option 1: "Sunshine State Tournament" Miami, FSU, UF, UCF, USF play each other in a double elimination tournament. That equals nine games.

Option 2: Private School Championship - Miami, Baylor, USC, Notre Dame, Duke, Stanford, Wake, Vandy, Northwestern, Syracuse, Duke, BC. 12 team seeded tournament

Last edited:
Advertisement
Wait, there is a legitimate Florida law that forces UF and FSU to play?

Fiction: There was never a law enacted that ordered Florida to play Florida State in Football. House Bill 333, called for a state policy requiring athletic competition between Florida and Florida State in all sports failed in 1955.

Fact: The State Board of Control Ordered Florida to play Florida State in Football in 1958.

UF probably wants to play us while they perceive themselves to be the superior team in order to impress the "Palmetto 5." The Gator Tears thread states that group of recruits will define their class. Beating TF out of FSU does nothing for them. Wouldn't be surprised if they reached out. If I'm Manny I tell them to kick rocks.
UF would likely play FSU althoughthere is NO state law or legilature mamdating it. Basically, legislation nearly came to the floor of state government, but the governing bodies of both institutions came to an agreement. It is unlikely IMO that Miami would play UF.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Fiction: There was never a law enacted that ordered Florida to play Florida State in Football. House Bill 333, called for a state policy requiring athletic competition between Florida and Florida State in all sports failed in 1955.

Fact: The State Board of Control Ordered Florida to play Florida State in Football in 1958.

Fun fact- one of the five possibilities for FSU's school mascot (as voted on by FSU students) was the Crackers.

Advertisement
Advertisement
So I see you were there, too.

Not only a shlthole, but a fūcking hassle parking, getting in, everything
I bought tickets from a Bama fan who’s on the citrus bowl counsel. Parked right next to stadium, great seats. Cheap too. We just tailgated after too, ended up being perfect.

This is the year you say yes to any game, anywhere. We have the best QB here since Dorsey, with the best offensive system since, ever. Best D line in over 15 years, with a legit top 5 guy, and another possible first rounder on the other side.

New system that helps our O line along with UiF losing Greenard and Zuniga equals a win for us. They also lost their best corner. King would have a field day.

If you are allowed to play in state OOC games, you make it public and shame UiF if they say no.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back