McIntosh, D. Jax, and Joe Jackson...

What are stats for Willis?

He had a sack multiple QB pressures

Did he play as sideline legend advertised or just ok? Lots of pressure on him to prove all the baggage has been worth it.

"All of the baggage" seems a little dramatic. Since he's been at Miami, there've been minimal issues. He played well yesterday. Some of those pressures change plays and create incompletions.

All the baggage of sitting out a full year (but contributing to team with scout duties) and then missing game #1 (not a good look no matter how you explain it away).

Tomato...toemahtoe...

Agree 100% there are soft stats that could hide his true value. Wasn't able to get good signal for game video, play by play came over text only...and even that was slow.

If he takes on double teams that leave other players free, thats great contribution too. It's a team effort. So many have built up his sideline legend, going to take light out play every game to measure up (fair/unfair) to the hype.

Advertisement
That's why I would like to get Jordan Wright too at DE

not impressed by him actually.

I would recruit one more dl in this class imo.

Not sure who..but they should be able to target a local kid
They're still going after Wright & Carney, I would like to see them try to flip Michael Allen from Wake Forest, and get into the race for Malik Herring.

Did he play as sideline legend advertised or just ok? Lots of pressure on him to prove all the baggage has been worth it.

"All of the baggage" seems a little dramatic. Since he's been at Miami, there've been minimal issues. He played well yesterday. Some of those pressures change plays and create incompletions.

All the baggage of sitting out a full year (but contributing to team with scout duties) and then missing game #1 (not a good look no matter how you explain it away).

Tomato...toemahtoe...

Agree 100% there are soft stats that could hide his true value. Wasn't able to get good signal for game video, play by play came over text only...and even that was slow.

If he takes on double teams that leave other players free, thats great contribution too. It's a team effort. So many have built up his sideline legend, going to take light out play every game to measure up (fair/unfair) to the hype.

that has nothing to do with baggage, he sat out due to NCAA transfer rules, and the team and coaches have had nothing but positive things to say about him.... he has nothing to prove to me, his play is going to speak for itself.

Advertisement
RJ is a bad dude. He's a serious guy too, so I can see him continue to progress.

Chad is impressing me more so far this season than he did at BTW. He's playing relentlessly, which is something I didn't see from him in HS. When he was writhing around on the floor early in the game I about vomicated.

What's with all these alleged Canes fans who didn't see the game? You guys post incessantly on a UM football message board, but you don't watch the games? WTF?

You should have heard the PMS crew calling into the WQAM post-game show last night, minutes after the game ended.
Lots of folks b-tch and moan, but don't even bother to show up to games and now we're reading posts on this board
about people not bothering to watch the UM games.
They don't seem to have issues watching fsu games while fellating their french QB.

Advertisement
Joe got himself a sack....maybe 2 in the game..because of depth issues looks like he might not be shirting

Unless he sustains a season-ending injury soon that redshirt ship sailed during the FAMU game.

Guys that talented aren't going to stick around for their senior year.
May as well play them and save that redshirt in the event he has a serious injury sometime in the future.

...but you don't watch the games? WTF?

Whoa...take it easy...

Let's leave it at "I was out of video/sat" range shall we?

Watched all of FAMU and **** near every game in-person or video since the first NC...

I was able to get intermittent signal though for text only play by play...

Unfortunately that doesnt come with detailed defensive stats...only offense...

Now that I am back in range...trying to catch up via WatchESPN...but the replay isnt available for FAU vs Miami at the moment...

Oh to have the joys of the first world...

Joe got himself a sack....maybe 2 in the game..because of depth issues looks like he might not be shirting

He played... He can no longer red shirt unless it's for a medical shirt

i played as well in my first two high school games and got a redshirt..we go through this dumb stuff every year...its a myth that you cant get a shirt...and it has to be all kind of paper work, etc...its not that serious.

It's called a medical hardship and you can qualify by meeting certain requirements. That's the only way you can "redshirt" and play.

Advertisement
Would a Jelani Hamilton type player have thrived under Kool??

made a tackle against Wisconsin this week. Not sure..but the knee injuries took most of his athleticism. A 3-4 dewouldve been better for him but the problem is he never was that strong either..sort of a tweener as a de imo.

i played as well in my first two high school games and got a redshirt..we go through this dumb stuff every year...its a myth that you cant get a shirt...and it has to be all kind of paper work, etc...its not that serious.

It's called a medical hardship and you can qualify by meeting certain requirements. That's the only way you can "redshirt" and play.

didnt have to qualify other than not play pass game 3...my school didnt do any paperwork..nothing just sat me.

Advertisement
I'm pretty sure RJ lead the team in pressures but don't qoute me on that

didnt have to qualify other than not play pass game 3...my school didnt do any paperwork..nothing just sat me.
Doesn't work that way, but continue spreading false info if you prefer.

Your school might have snuck you through by doing something fraudulent because they knew no one was paying attention. UM can't do that.

For the 4000th time: You play a single snap, and you need a season-ending injury that occurs in the first half of the season prior to you having played in more than 30% of your team's games to have a shot at a medical RS. The automatic RS is only available if you don't play a single snap.

Now, you can continue to act like that hard and fast rule doesn't exist or that it's not applied, but you'll be spreading bad info to the people who see you as an authority because you played college football.

RJ clear cut best D lineman we have through the 1st 2 games. Dude is balling out. Incredibly fluid for his size.

Scary to think what he could do after an offseason. He's gifted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's why the non red shirt doesn't really bother. He has the type of talent where he will be gone after year three anyway.

THIS

Joe Jackson will be in the NFL after year 3. He was never redshirting, even if AQM wasn't dismissed

Advertisement
Back