BrianF

Sophomore
Terry McCray is visiting UM this week
- Coach D asked him to visit, so he is stopping by this week
- Says there is a chance he commits
- He has UM in the lead
- Says UM is on him hard
- Says he fits in nicely to Coach D's scheme and he likes Coach D
- Grew up a UM fan, he is Teraz McCray cousin and knows Tyrone Moss and Andrew Bain from his cousin. They tell him UM is a good school, a lot of players go pro and it could be good for him.
- If he commits or not, he will have his final decision before the start of his senior season

http://miami.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1524884

Advertisement
Peter posted this on the 9th. Seems a little prophetic. He would, according to Peter's numbers, by our final LB. If I'm reading his numbers correctly.

LB (4)
Commits: Juwon Young, Darrion Owens, Mike Smith
Targets: Terry McCray, Antonio Smothers (JUCO), Keeon Virgile (JUCO), Vincent Jackson
This is a major strength of the class. Juwon Young looks like he could step onto the college field right now, Owens brings great versatility and length, and Smith has huge upside. Smith will play linebacker at Northwestern this season after playing primarily as a rush end last year (18 sacks). Ely’s Terry McCray is a candidate to be the next commitment.

Advertisement
We would still take smothers or virgile as JUCOs if they wanted in... W all the LB departures this offseason and gaines/corn departing we need depth badly

Kid has great lateral movement and quickness for his size.Fits in to the hybrid DE LB scheme very well at 6'3" .Looks good in pass coverage.

We would still take smothers or virgile as JUCOs if they wanted in... W all the LB departures this offseason and gaines/corn departing we need depth badly

2014 Depth Chart (assuming no leaving early and without McCray)

Armbrister (Sr)
Perryman (Sr)
Kirby (Jr)
McCord (Jr)
Blue (Rd-So)
Fiqueroa (So)
Grace (So)
Tucker (So) *Not sure if on scholarship*
Young (Fr)
Owens (Fr)
Smith (Fr)
---------------------

Bond ?

So that is 11 without Bond or McCray, that is a bunch of kids and more than a 3 deep (in a 4-3). My guess is we should take a JUCO and 1 more HS Senior LB.

Advertisement
did Rashard Robinson prep? if i remember these two are VERY close. Could truly help us pull the final S in this 2014 class away from LSU?

Watch his highlight film and your own judgement. IMO he has jag written all over him

Advertisement
The only reason why I dont mind this take is because A) We need to get back into Ely one way or the other. They dont have yearly prospects that come out but every so often a stud comes outta there and we seem to miss on them. B) I want Dno to hand pick all his players for this "elaborate" scheme he runs. Whoever he wants. Its his show. So if this guy doesnt have this defense turned around with HIS hand picked players in the next 2 years then his a$$ needs to GO! Cant blame Randy forever.

This kid seems to fit that 3-4 OLB/DE that he is looking for. Throw him on the shelf for 3 years and let see what we have when he is a R-Soph.

This school always seems to produce good prospects....much like Carol City.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back