McCord throwing old staff under the bus...

A team in the League will draft him just because he's from Miami. Once he gets legit NFL coaching and is put in the right system, Riq will be a beast, especially as a LB. Lmao @ people on here that think he wont get drafted or do anything in the league. Yall ****s dumb af.

Heard before. Where is this well-referenced list of all of these Miami players that couldn't play in college then could in the NFL. It is chronically mentioned and then it becomes Sam Shields.

Golden's problem wasn't solely his coaching. He also built a team full of guys that simply aren't good enough athletes to be players at that level. The reason Shields transitioned is because he's a very good athlete--great size, very fluid, and outstanding speed. Golden would get guys like Wyche and McCord and Tracy Howard and the like who simply don't have the physical makeup to be standouts at a high level regardless of their recruiting stars. That ignores his reaches on no-star guys.

It's not easy to stop a superior athlete from flashing. You might not build a great team, but guys like Duke Johnson and Perryman and Flowers and Dorsett are going to do some things to show their ability because they have that athleticism regardless.

Except they forget that Shields was a stud on special teams his junior season. They wanted him to play corner very early on and he resisted. Shield started 10 games his senior season at corner and did really well. Couple that with a 4.26 combine and he was going to be a steal. If a sub 4.3 forty got DVD to the NFL, then with Shields' size and athleticism he was a slam dunk for any GM with half a brain.

When I look at McCord I'm not sure where he plays at the next level. He's not big or explosive enough to play defensive end and I think he's lacking as a linebacker.

Advertisement
McCord is good, he played out position, he's not a fulltime linebacker he's a hybyrd End/LB he does good in zone coverage and rushing the QB.

Advertisement
**** it's crazy to see either how stupid these kids who played under Folden were, or how badly they were brainwashed.

Von Miller this season:
16 sacks (2nd in the NFL)
6 forced fumbles (1st in the NFL)
25 QB hurries

But McCord is walking around with orange Dorito dust on his *** cheeks swearing it's Von's game-changing 3 pass breakups this year that got him paid. The fvck is going on?

A team in the League will draft him just because he's from Miami. Once he gets legit NFL coaching and is put in the right system, Riq will be a beast, especially as a LB. Lmao @ people on here that think he wont get drafted or do anything in the league. Yall ****s dumb af.

Heard before. Where is this well-referenced list of all of these Miami players that couldn't play in college then could in the NFL. It is chronically mentioned and then it becomes Sam Shields.

Golden's problem wasn't solely his coaching. He also built a team full of guys that simply aren't good enough athletes to be players at that level. The reason Shields transitioned is because he's a very good athlete--great size, very fluid, and outstanding speed. Golden would get guys like Wyche and McCord and Tracy Howard and the like who simply don't have the physical makeup to be standouts at a high level regardless of their recruiting stars. That ignores his reaches on no-star guys.

It's not easy to stop a superior athlete from flashing. You might not build a great team, but guys like Duke Johnson and Perryman and Flowers and Dorsett are going to do some things to show their ability because they have that athleticism regardless.

Except they forget that Shields was a stud on special teams his junior season. They wanted him to play corner very early on and he resisted. Shield started 10 games his senior season at corner and did really well. Couple that with a 4.26 combine and he was going to be a steal. If a sub 4.3 forty got DVD to the NFL, then with Shields' size and athleticism he was a slam dunk for any GM with half a brain.

Shields wasn't invited to the Combine and ran a 4.30 at his Pro Day (3/26/10). 39" vertical (34th if done at Combine), 11'01" broad jump (7th), 4.19 short shuttle (212th), 6.79 3-cone (29th), 15 reps of 225 (154th). At 5-11, 184 that's a borderline elite athlete.

Love, love, love jump numbers for players who need to be explosive.

I like McCord as a person. Good kid. I watched him play during his career at the U and, aside from bad coaching, which every kid was impacted by on our Team, I was never impressed by Tyrick's quickness, speed, hunger and agility. Just didn't see it in him. Just seemed not to be a natural at DE or LB. Blaming our shortcomings on others is also not a good sign of maturity. I just think the kid could benefit from putting a mirror in front of his face and understanding where his responsibilities lie. Kid should not be taking shots at others even if he becomes an NFL Pro Bowler. Life is not fair bro.

2013-10-0515_35_15.gif

Advertisement

lol I like your argument. "He is from Miami so he will get drafted" tell that to all the undrafted players we have had.

Advertisement
Back