McCord throwing old staff under the bus...

McCord is positionless at the next level. He is an edge pass rusher without Bruce Irvin-type speed and athleticism. He's never shown a capacity to do much other than rush off the edge, and he's just ok at that. He is undersized for anything he would seem to evolve into. I wouldn't expect much from him. There's nothing to suggest he'll be a good pro. He might make a practice squad or something.

Agree. UFA with little chance at carving out a role on a team. Like you said, he's a tweener without any burst, which is the death knell for a tweener.

I'll be surprised if he breaks a 4.7.

Yep ran a 4.8 something in the spring

Advertisement
not sure he realizes he's trying Yearby though..

Tyriq The Freak
‏@1SevenRiq
Walk ons who ran **** near a 5 flat were able to stay with lil Yearb while me and grace struggled cause our technique was bad

No he isnt.... He is saying that no matter what speed you may posses if you don't have the right technique then you can't cover running backs properly

your level of reading comprehension is very consistent... Not sure if you are trying to troll me with your responses or you're really that dumb

He says walk ons that run 5.0 40s can stay with Yearby.

Ok so then you're saying he's takin a shot at Yearby?

McCord is going to be a solid pro. He's got the physical makeup, but received poor coaching. He showed flashes here and there, enough to get him noticed by a lot of teams. He'll get a chance and I believe he'll be a decent pro. You can bet a guy like Zo is lickin his lips at some of these Canes that are going to come out that he'll (as well as other teams) get at a discount.

These Shannon-Golden Era Canes are always producing higher than their stock suggested and I think the trend will continue.

I don't see him in the NFL. Highly unlikely he gets drafted imo

I can see him get drafted with a good combine, Free Agent contract for sure. He is very athletic with good speed and build. Very similar to Armbrister physically who made the Jaguars as a FA last year and even started 3 games.

Here is Thurston Armbrister's ProDay results:
LB 6'2" 241
40: 4.67
225 Reps: 20
VJ: 33.5
BJ: 116
Shut: 4.44
3 cone: 6.89

These are results from 2014: (weight is from senior year profile)

Thurston Armbrister:
6'3", 241
4.73 40 (4.62 best), 4.42 20-yard shuttle, 18 reps of 225, 415 squat, 286 power clean, 335 bench press, 32 vertical

Tyriq McCord:
6'3" 241
4.66 40 (4.63 best), 4.42 20-yard shuttle, 17 reps of 225, 535 squat, 318 power clean, 355 bench press, 37 vertical

As you can see they are almost identical in terms of size and speed. Remember these numbers were from over a year ago for McCord so he could have improved on them. I think he will have a good chance of making an NFL team this year.

Mccord got bigger abd slower..Thanx, Al

That's cause they were also always messing with what his role was. I don't think he'll have the uphill climb Chick had though.

If you're willing to spend a 5th or 6th round pick on Chickillo then this kid is worth that much and more IMO. He has shown enough things on tape to lead a team to believe he can fit in a couple of different ways. However i think he is going to make some GM and scout look very smart. He may not have a true position, but i think htere is enough on tape to see a pass rushing, wlb on Sundays.

Advertisement

Tyriq The Freak
‏@1SevenRiq
Walk ons who ran **** near a 5 flat were able to stay with lil Yearb while me and grace struggled cause our technique was bad

No he isnt.... He is saying that no matter what speed you may posses if you don't have the right technique then you can't cover running backs properly

your level of reading comprehension is very consistent... Not sure if you are trying to troll me with your responses or you're really that dumb

He says walk ons that run 5.0 40s can stay with Yearby.

Ok so then you're saying he's takin a shot at Yearby?

umm, thats exactly what i said in the op......

He should just worry about his NFL career. Taking shots at his old coaching staff won't help. NFL guys know full well how ****ty Golden was

Golden and his "coaching" cost him, Chickillo, Thirtsy Armpits and Luther Robinson NFL money.

jesus he's taking a shot at using bad technique. and ya'll want to talk **** about other people's reading comprehension?

Tyriq The Freak
‏@1SevenRiq

He's just saying what many said...Yearby slow as ****

Advertisement
McCord is going to be a solid pro. He's got the physical makeup, but received poor coaching. He showed flashes here and there, enough to get him noticed by a lot of teams. He'll get a chance and I believe he'll be a decent pro. You can bet a guy like Zo is lickin his lips at some of these Canes that are going to come out that he'll (as well as other teams) get at a discount.

These Shannon-Golden Era Canes are always producing higher than their stock suggested and I think the trend will continue.

I don't see him in the NFL. Highly unlikely he gets drafted imo

I can see him get drafted with a good combine, Free Agent contract for sure. He is very athletic with good speed and build. Very similar to Armbrister physically who made the Jaguars as a FA last year and even started 3 games.

Here is Thurston Armbrister's ProDay results:
LB 6'2" 241
40: 4.67
225 Reps: 20
VJ: 33.5
BJ: 116
Shut: 4.44
3 cone: 6.89

These are results from 2014: (weight is from senior year profile)

Thurston Armbrister:
6'3", 241
4.73 40 (4.62 best), 4.42 20-yard shuttle, 18 reps of 225, 415 squat, 286 power clean, 335 bench press, 32 vertical

Tyriq McCord:
6'3" 241
4.66 40 (4.63 best), 4.42 20-yard shuttle, 17 reps of 225, 535 squat, 318 power clean, 355 bench press, 37 vertical

As you can see they are almost identical in terms of size and speed. Remember these numbers were from over a year ago for McCord so he could have improved on them. I think he will have a good chance of making an NFL team this year.

Mccord is as stiff as an ironing board....Tool Box trent was more fluid than he was.....and Thurst played safety and is very fluid in space.....dont look at 40 times....also Mccord likely is no where near a 4.6. He's a free agent add at best...because he is a tweener...but hasnt played much special teams...which Thurston did..which gave him flexibility and he made the jags squad.

If you're willing to spend a 5th or 6th round pick on Chickillo then this kid is worth that much and more IMO. He has shown enough things on tape to lead a team to believe he can fit in a couple of different ways. However i think he is going to make some GM and scout look very smart. He may not have a true position, but i think htere is enough on tape to see a pass rushing, wlb on Sundays.

Chickillo was a 4 year starter who was our most valuable lineman and never left the field for years. He was criminally underrated by our fans. He was not a star but he was invaluable. On top and of that, when he left college he had 3 potential pro positions. 5 technique DE was one although that was a stretch due to size. But that is what he played here. 34 OLB and 43 DE were obvious options.

McCord's a guy who could miss a game and I probably wouldn't notice. His contributions here are nowhere near chickillos. It doesn't compute that mccord is worth a draft pick at the level of chickillo, and chickillo's only a practice squader at this point anyway.

Tyriq The Freak
‏@1SevenRiq

That's how I took it.

A team in the League will draft him just because he's from Miami. Once he gets legit NFL coaching and is put in the right system, Riq will be a beast, especially as a LB. Lmao @ people on here that think he wont get drafted or do anything in the league. Yall ****** dumb af.

Advertisement
Lol at people who think he will get drafted. Undersized tweener that is slow, doesn't play ST and is a situational rusher. You only have 53 players on a team. You need everydown players

When teams evaluate late round talent, position flexibility and special teams work are a premium. A guy like Chick could feasibly play three positions on defense. Thurston Armbrister was mobile enough to play at safety and played plenty on special teams. A guy like McCord is really just a situational pass rusher. He's way too stiff to play standing up and has little coverage ability. He's shown flashes of pass rushing ability but his frame is too small to be a regular contributor. He may get an invite to a camp and pass rushing is always a premium but he's really a man without a position in the NFL. He's got serious deficiencies at 3-4 OLB and 4-3 DE.

Tyriq The Freak
‏@1SevenRiq

He's just saying what many said...Yearby slow as ****

That's not what he's saying at all. He's saying slow players with proper technique can do a better job covering a quick player like Yearby than a better athlete with poor technique.

Advertisement
He should just worry about his NFL career. Taking shots at his old coaching staff won't help. NFL guys know full well how ****ty Golden was

Golden and his "coaching" cost him, Chickillo, Thirtsy Armpits and Luther Robinson NFL money.

Chickillo is right where he should be. He's a young player who has made an NFL roster. Plenty of former top high school players wish they could occupy the 53rd roster spot.

Armbrister is in the NFL because of Golden. College coaches weren't exactly beating down Thurston's door to sign him to a scholly when he was a high school senior.

Luther Robinson and his family cost himself money.

When teams evaluate late round talent, position flexibility and special teams work are a premium. A guy like Chick could feasibly play three positions on defense. Thurston Armbrister was mobile enough to play at safety and played plenty on special teams. A guy like McCord is really just a situational pass rusher. He's way too stiff to play standing up and has little coverage ability. He's shown flashes of pass rushing ability but his frame is too small to be a regular contributor. He may get an invite to a camp and pass rushing is always a premium but he's really a man without a position in the NFL. He's got serious deficiencies at 3-4 OLB and 4-3 DE.

Chick also seems to know how to play football. He's no Rusty Madearis, but he was a good college player and he's currently an NFL player. McCord reminds me of Ramon Buchanon, who flashed once a game then disappeared.

A team in the League will draft him just because he's from Miami. Once he gets legit NFL coaching and is put in the right system, Riq will be a beast, especially as a LB. Lmao @ people on here that think he wont get drafted or do anything in the league. Yall ****s dumb af.

Heard before. Where is this well-referenced list of all of these Miami players that couldn't play in college then could in the NFL. It is chronically mentioned and then it becomes Sam Shields.

Golden's problem wasn't solely his coaching. He also built a team full of guys that simply aren't good enough athletes to be players at that level. The reason Shields transitioned is because he's a very good athlete--great size, very fluid, and outstanding speed. Golden would get guys like Wyche and McCord and Tracy Howard and the like who simply don't have the physical makeup to be standouts at a high level regardless of their recruiting stars. That ignores his reaches on no-star guys.

It's not easy to stop a superior athlete from flashing. You might not build a great team, but guys like Duke Johnson and Perryman and Flowers and Dorsett are going to do some things to show their ability because they have that athleticism regardless.

Advertisement
Back