McCluster announcing tomorrow

Im usually one of the most optimistic people on this board. Ive been called a slurper on here many times. This is however a BIG lost IMO. Big position of need, best realistic target available, yea he ran a bad 40 but I think he's an instinctual and hard hitting scheme fit that would have helped out our terrible linebacker depth. We are banking on Flowe, but he is a long shot. We better hope to find some under the radar guys that develop. I know some of you will say "he is not a lost because he has been an FSU lean for a while" but at what point are we going to stop using that excuse. We took an L to Willie Taeggart and we took an L in linebacker recruiting. This time we dont have Shaq and Pinck to save us.

Advertisement
Im usually one of the most optimistic people on this board. Ive been called a slurper on here many times. This is however a BIG lost IMO. Big position of need, best realistic target available, yea he ran a bad 40 but I think he's an instinctual and hard hitting scheme fit that would have helped out our terrible linebacker depth. We are banking on Flowe, but he is a long shot. We better hope to find some under the radar guys that develop. I know some of you will say "he is not a lost because he has been an FSU lean for a while" but at what point are we going to stop using that excuse. We took an L to Willie Taeggart and we took an L in linebacker recruiting. This time we dont have Shaq and Pinck to save us.

Defensive recruiting just hasn't been where it needs to be under this defensive staff, and LB recruiting in particular has been horrible.
These guys have got to start winning some battles for kids that don't already want to be Canes.

Defensive recruiting just hasn't been where it needs to be under this defensive staff, and LB recruiting in particular has been horrible.
These guys have got to start winning some battles for kids that don't already want to be Canes.
Not just LB, u could say that DB recruiting is not where it needs to be. The only position that has been straight is The DL, which is ironic because we have had 3 different coaches in 3 seasons.

Advertisement
I know I'm in the minority, but I'm glad he committed to fsu, I dont like him as a prospect they can have him 😂😂😂.

Yeah you're in the minority because we don't have any **** Linebackers committed, and this s*** is starting to get really scary. Ya'll are banking on dudes from California, Washington, and F***ing Mars. When the players right here in Florida are going to FSWHO, Maryland, and etc... These kids know our depth is crazy low, yet they're committing elsewhere? That's scary bruh. We just lost CBs and a LB to FSWHO who sucked last year. That's scary. We have Manny Diaz a coach who was never a good recruiter leading us, and that's also scary. But we'll see how everything plays out.

Not just LB, u could say that DB recruiting is not where it needs to be. The only position that has been straight is The DL, which is ironic because we have had 3 different coaches in 3 seasons.
DB recruiting hasnt been that bad. We have brought in at least 3 4 star dbs like 3 classes in a row. Linebackers has been ugly and I mean real ugly.

Advertisement
Manny & Co. recruiting on the defensive side has been downright atrocious this entire time. Only 1, maybe 2 wins a recruiting cycle (Nesta, Gurvan, Keontra) doesn't really suffice if your defense is as good as you claim it is.

I don't know how a top LB could pass up on the opportunity to start right away on a team losing it's 3 starters. Makes no sense to me, but these kids are kids and don't process like us adults.
Not only do we loose 3 starters but we have a friendly scheme for front 7 players.

Manny & Co. recruiting on the defensive side has been downright atrocious this entire time. Only 1, maybe 2 wins a recruiting cycle (Nesta, Gurvan, Keontra) doesn't really suffice if your defense is as good as you claim it is.
I wouldnt say the overall defensive recruiting has been bad. We havent won many battles but we have found good gems. I just think linebacker recruiting has been terrible for such a linebacker friendly system.

Advertisement
We have Manny Diaz a coach who was never a good recruiter leading us, and that's also scary. But we'll see how everything plays out.

This is the most concerning part. Where is the recruiting going to come from?
Everybody on the defensive staff are average sellers. None of them strike fear into the hearts of opposing fanbases or coaches having to go up against them on the trail. Okay, fine. Maybe the underlings aren't great, but here comes our head coach to seal the deal??? Nope. Diaz is average on the trail as well.
It's just a poor way to build a staff. Somebody has to win in the living room so you can win on the field.

Yeah you're in the minority because we don't have any **** Linebackers committed, and this s*** is starting to get really scary. Ya'll are banking on dudes from California, Washington, and F***ing Mars. When the players right here in Florida are going to FSWHO, Maryland, and etc... These kids know our depth is crazy low, yet they're committing elsewhere? That's scary bruh. We just lost CBs and a LB to FSWHO who sucked last year. That's scary. We have Manny Diaz a coach who was never a good recruiter leading us, and that's also scary. But we'll see how everything plays out.
I understand what ur saying, but I'm really not that worried, Manny knows what needs to be done. There is plenty if talent at LB throughout Florida and the nation evaluate and recruit them. But I'm also not with allowing somebody commit this early just for depth, don't give af if the dude us a 4 star or whatever he is not good in my eyes.

FSU has 3 LBs committed... UF has none like us...

Hopefully we find a leader at MLB soon and the rest will follow.

Advertisement
DB recruiting hasnt been that bad. We have brought in at least 3 4 star dbs like 3 classes in a row. Linebackers has been ugly and I mean real ugly.
Its not hard to bring in 4 stars while being at Miami, the facts still stands that we miss on most of our top priority targets and the depth right now is not where it needs to be.

Miami Hurricanes until they get a good recruiting staff we'll lose players like this. They don't understand the art of locking down guys first, and then if you can do better than reach for those other guys. Before I chance other P***y I f*** the one I have now into a coma, so when it's time to explore for more she's already down for the team. Same strategy should be on recruiting. How did a local Linebacker commit to Maryland? F*** him into a coma get him committed, and then chase California. How did two Florida CBs commit to Willie over us? One goes to Miami Central... Wth is going on bruh?

Advertisement
Back