McCluster announcing tomorrow

Advertisement
Advertisement
If we whiff on Sampah, McCluster, Hypolite, Mathis, and Flowe we need to re-evaluate how we identify and recruit linebackers. Feels like we will finish second for all these dudes.

Ive been a bit confused on our lb recruiting the last 2-3 cycles already. Luckily we were able to land 2 die hards in Huff and Brooks last cycle.

Ive been a bit confused on our lb recruiting the last 2-3 cycles already. Luckily we were able to land 2 die hards in Huff and Brooks last cycle.

Manny isn’t a good recruiter and never has been. Not sure Baker can pick up the slack either. Manny got lucky with his first group who is still here. He hasn’t done anything since. As you mentioned Brooks and Huff were coming to Miami either way. Manny is good at schemes and X and O’s....not recruiting.

Advertisement
Idk... Little brother has the both of them in Cane gear on his profile pic.

AJ Mathis along with his brother might be playing a big part in this decision too.

I don't want to hear that ****, he is not beating any D1 RB towards the sideline even if he has an angle. There is no way his football speed and 40 speed are that different. Unless the dude is Jonathon Vilma type level than he can go.

Like you I’m very concerned about his speed. I think as fans we tend to underestimate how much faster the game gets at this level compared to High School. However, to be fair when Vilma arrived at UM he wasn’t much different than this kid. He weighed 190 and ran in the high 4’9s (before laser) which is comparable to this kids 5.13 laser timed.

Advertisement
Like you I’m very concerned about his speed. I think as fans we tend to underestimate how much faster the game gets at this level compared to High School. However, to be fair when Vilma arrived at UM he wasn’t much different than this kid. He weighed 190 and ran in the high 4’9s (before laser) which is comparable to this kids 5.13 laser timed.
Vilma ran in sand compared to Darrin Smith

Advertisement
When is NSD?
Gotta be soon the way ppl acting...

Jaquan Johnson isn’t a 4.69 football player. Sheldrick Redwine doesn’t play at 4.45. When did trayone grays 4.4 show up? Cmon man. It’s why all track football players are not always good
Wouldn't advise using Jaquan as an example he's an exception not the norm and also look at what happened to his draft stock. U recruit the top athletes u have potential for top picks and future examples to new recruits.

Advertisement
Back