McCloud ain’t ever leaving

Scaife holds his ground? You must be talking about Larry Scaife.
I haven’t Scaife hold anything all year. He whiffs so badly on pass protection he doesn’t even get a chance to hold. He can go back to RT and compete with Campbell.

Advertisement
I haven’t Scaife hold anything all year. He whiffs so badly on pass protection he doesn’t even get a chance to hold. He can go back to RT and compete with Campbell.
I generally discount the 'development' argument vs. evaluations, S&C and scheme/coaching. But our OL progress has been atrocious for ages. I had plenty of criticisms of Kehoe but I do think he got guys to progress (develop). Sucked as a recruiter and evaluator for sure. Disastrous schemes weren't on him. Stoutland was a really good OL coach at all of it. Searels was an absolutely terrible evaluator, but maybe just meh at coaching (scheme not being on him). Barry, nothing really to defend. Justice seems like an upgrade on recruiting and overall meshing, but Scaife sure didn't progress.

We probably need another grad assistant just for OL, because the resources being applied sure ain't enough.

Advertisement
I generally discount the 'development' argument vs. evaluations, S&C and scheme/coaching. But our OL progress has been atrocious for ages. I had plenty of criticisms of Kehoe but I do think he got guys to progress (develop). Sucked as a recruiter and evaluator for sure. Disastrous schemes weren't on him. Stoutland was a really good OL coach at all of it. Searels was an absolutely terrible evaluator, but maybe just meh at coaching (scheme not being on him). Barry, nothing really to defend. Justice seems like an upgrade on recruiting and overall meshing, but Scaife sure didn't progress.

We probably need another grad assistant just for OL, because the resources being applied sure ain't enough.
We’ve been a mess at OL for awhile but I’m not putting Scaife at guard on Justice. I wanted to see him at guard for 2 years. Then I did and it was “back to tackle.” Lol. Scaife looks more like an interior guy but his game is better at tackle. To me, there are 3 guys for 2 spots next year. RT/RG and you have Rivers/Campbell/Scaife.

We’ve been a mess at OL for awhile but I’m not putting Scaife at guard on Justice. I wanted to see him at guard for 2 years. Then I did and it was “back to tackle.” Lol. Scaife looks more like an interior guy but his game is better at tackle. To me, there are 3 guys for 2 spots next year. RT/RG and you have Rivers/Campbell/Scaife.
If we get more ICs,maybe we can upgrade there too.

Attachments

• 493C81FB-FF00-4EC0-872F-096B1CE12D68.jpeg
    493C81FB-FF00-4EC0-872F-096B1CE12D68.jpeg
    22.7 KB · Views: 5
Advertisement
He did have the sack ff and frc against Louisville where he came off the right side. Definitely his best play of the season and maybe career

Was just watching Holsom 1 on youtube and his reaction when he learned about McCloud coming back was funny as ****.

Advertisement
Fuggg it we don’t owe him anything this year other than STs mins and I guess a platoon role at DE

I hope this is the position he works best at, but everybody including myself said the same thing when he was going to play MLB

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back