McClendon telling WR's not to go to Miami because they are going to run the ball a lot

The way he left (trying to back door his way to be the OC) and how he treated the current WRs/commits, he should be treated with hostility when stepping foot in Miami. Total punk.
First of all, that edit is stupid - and not good stupid… dumb.

Can you tell us what McClendon did on the way out? I know he left us right before NSD and attended our recruiting event for 2023 so I feel like he did Mario dirty. What did he do to currwnt WRs/commits?

I’m seriously not in the know on this beyond what I mentioned.

Advertisement
F him but I do fear that there's some truth to this. Mario really needs to nail the OC hire and step aside. Don't force the plodding pistol on Miami.
I understand your concern and it's one that I shared until recently. While none of the following can be taken as certain, the candidates that Mario has been interviewing paint a picture that runs contrary to what McClendon is alleging.

@Rellyrell was calling attention to him before he bolted - both on the board and off the board - questioning his development and his recent recruiting. I wish we kept Likens. I like him.

I think BMac is a better RB coach than WR coach. I look at DeeBo Samuels for instance, & that kid is great b/c of his run after the catch. But as a WR coach, meh. Also, as I pointed out, his recruiting took a precipitous drop after his stint in UGA, so that leads me to believe it was the program, more than him.

Also, I questioned T-Rob b/c of his stint at USCe, & I was assured I was trippin. Lol. Well, I guess I wasn’t.

Anyways, those types can be replaced easily. We pulled in a top 15 class at the midnight hr w/o both of them. I want coaches that can recruit, not recruiters who “may” be able to coach. I just didn’t like how both T-Rob & B-Mac left the situation, but it is what it is. We’ll be solid, no doubt in my mind.

Advertisement
The problem is they are coaches who are great at their craft and teaching Athletes but in this college football there isn’t any room for them and their getting a back seat to these car salesmen

Advertisement
Advertisement
Man, this is trash in any language a person may speak. Smh

I kinda understand why they use miami and the background. Sunny blue beautiful skys...thats appealing...

Come on what do you think want to use... Athens on top a pic and this crazy pic of athens that looks like used it on the walking dead.
Old-40-Watt.jpg

@Rellyrell was calling attention to him before he bolted - both on the board and off the board - questioning his development and his recent recruiting. I wish we kept Likens. I like him.
A few members gave me a hard time because I wasn’t blown away when he was brought here. One guy even showed me a list of the players that he was credited with recruiting and it was really impressive. Except for the fact that most of the names he got were from his time at Georgia, under Mark Richt, like a decade ago. After Richt got fired, he was at USCe where he got demoted from OC after one garbage season and then he went to Oregon for two years. His recent track record isn’t nearly as impressive as his early years. I’m sure he’ll get back to signing big names now that he’s back at Georgia but that’s because they always have top classes.

Advertisement
You look at the receivers they got that were studs were thrown bags, then either transferred, were hurt or numbers look like ****. Only reason I would go is if I was at tight end. They get more targets than the wide outs. But go ahead sell that BMac

First of all, that edit is stupid - and not good stupid… dumb.

Can you tell us what McClendon did on the way out? I know he left us right before NSD and attended our recruiting event for 2023 so I feel like he did Mario dirty. What did he do to currwnt WRs/commits?

I’m seriously not in the know on this beyond what I mentioned.

This has been mentioned already by various ppl on various platforms and Stevo touched on it as well on the show.

Bmac reassured the players, recruits, and their families he was staying. Got Andy Jean’s commitment and the next day bounced. Didn’t tell anyone until he was on his way to UGA which is why the players were so surprised because he told them a few hours prior he wasn’t going. That’s the ugly side of the business and he didn’t handle it the way a grown man should.

Within a few hours of being at UGA, he’s already negative recruiting Miami saying we aren’t going to be throwing the ball to those same kids he was selling Miami on 24 hours prior. I get he has a new job to do but to try and negative recruit the school you were just at about running the ball when you’re the WR coach (aka blocking game coordinator) at UGA where their best WR just transferred because they’re ground and pound, bad bad look by Bmac.

I hope these recruits see right through his nonsense and tell him to kick rocks.

Why would any born and raised in Miami-Dade kid want an edit depicting them as a representative of the State of ***KKing Georgia in Miami???
Shut is comedy bruh.....and alot of the YouTubers that cover UM still root for these kids. I'm like are u a fan of the kid or fan of the team. Special circumstances I understand but they be sipping on these kids sacks too much.

Advertisement
Back