McClendon telling WR's not to go to Miami because they are going to run the ball a lot

Ho hum. No matter how we slice it, going 0 for 4 with Perk, Jacoby, DJ Allen yesterday, and Citizen sucks but overall im ok with the class. WR room leaves A LOT to be desired…. A LOT
At least you're honest about it. No worries about the WR spot because come spring expect another mass exodus of players entering the portal and then again in training camp. There will be plenty of players in the portal to help with depth and talent issues.

I'm banking on Cristobal to hit the portal up at OT, DE, DT, CB and LB.

Advertisement
BMac showing his recruiting "prowess" and true colors within the 1st week. I guess i can't blame him. With an offense like UGA has, you can't point out the good things about the passing game. You're only option IS to negatively recruit others.

But let's look into the numbers, shall we......
UGA (Fromm) - 29.6 passes/gm
Bama (Tua/Mac) - 31.2 passes/gm
OSU (Fields) - 29.0 passes/gm
Oregon (Herbert) - 31.9 passes/gm

Hmmm. Am i missing something here? Yeah in 2021 it was different. Brown was AWFUL and bc Bama couldn't run (74th in yards per carry), they threw the ball all over the **** place. But where was UGA?

Bama - 38.1
OSU - 38.0
Oregon - 29.3
UGA - 27.1

Their nervous. A true Miami team, scares the **** out of them. None of them want to see the Miami of old rise up again.
Imagine going to the team that just won the championship and having to negatively recruit the team you were just working for and the boss that brought you from Oregon and gave you a pay bump?

Says a lot about his character.

Advertisement
is he wrong? we have like 6 top RB's on our roster.... have no idea why parrish transfered here there is only 1 football

Advertisement
Yeah we all agree it’s hilarious for him to say that while he now works at Georgia.

I’m all aboard the Mario train but part of Mario’s strength in establishing a strong powerful running game can also be used as a valid criticism when he did have Herbert and didn’t seem to utilize him fully.

I’m not saying it’s going to happen again or that I think it will, just that there is a perception out there that can be used successfully when recruiting against us.

Miami will always have excellent playmakers at WR just by recruiting south florida. I trust he’ll find a good OC who will help us to have a strong balanced attack where we utilize TVD and our playmakers too
I've never understood this narrative.

Dude went 6th overall in the NFL Draft. Threw for over 3,000 yards in both his Jr and Sr seasons. 61 TDs to 14 INTs during that time.

All of that with 1 NFL receiver (Juwan Johnson - an UDFA TE with the Saints) to throw to. People compare his stats to the otherworldly ones Jones and Burrow were putting up with a roster littered with (old) Day 1 picks - it's just night and day.

Herbert took off in the NFL 'cos he walked into a situation where he was throwing to Allen (super, super underrated WR), Williams, Henry and Ekler.

Advertisement
Advertisement
2021 Wide Receiver comparisons (UGa - 15 games played, UM - 12 games played)

#1 UM WR - Charleston Rambo - 79 receptions for 1,172 yards
#1 UGa WR - Jermaine Burton - 26 receptions for 497 yards

#2 UM WR - Mike Harley - 57 receptions for 543 yards
#2 UGa WR - Ladd McConkey - 31 receptions for 447 yards

#3 UM WR - Key'Shawn Smith (pronounced "Smiff") - 33 receptions for 405 yards
#3 UGa WR - Adonai Mitchell - 29 receptions for 426 yards

#4 UM WR - Xavier Restrepo - 24 receptions for 373 yards
#4 UGa WR - Kearis Jackson - 17 receptions for 191 yards

But, but, but, what about the TEs?

#1 UM TE - Will Mallory - 30 receptions for 347 yards
#1 UGa TE - Brock (pronounced "Broke") Bowers - 56 receptions for 882 yards

But, but, but, what about the RB?

Top 2 UM RB - 31 receptions for 399 yards
Top 2 UGa RB - 49 receptions for 526 yards

To summarize...UGa, which played a season that was TWENTY-FIVE PERCENT LONGER than Miami's season (15 games to 12 games) actually completed significantly fewer passes to WRs than Miami (both receptions AND yardage), which was NOT significantly offset by passes to the TEs or RBs.

Oh, and all that in a season where both our #1 QB and #1 RB suffered season-ending injuries.

Fvck McClendon and fvck UGa.
This!!!

UGA is the new Clemson... Get use to it...
We'll see about that. The big difference is that Clemson never had a tough conference to deal with. UGA has to run through Bama every year to make it to the CFP, assuming they go undefeated in the regular season.

Exactly....3 yards and a cloud of dust offense when top rated WRs on UGA barely pass the 500 yd. Mark....with a walk on mailman as a QB...Saban even clowned them today as he took their best WR. This ***** from BCrack is richer than fried pork chops tossed in gravy with a side of 5 cheese macaroni and a gallon of sweet tea!
hahah so true the kid is a baller. theres a reason their leading guy left to go to bama

Advertisement
Back