Maybe someone can figure this out

I'm saying the players are not as bad as you say they are. The bulk of the problem here is coaching. You give Elko this roster and they're at worst 5-2. By saying that the coaches and players are bad you're minimizing the blame that the coaches deserve.
I'm not disagreeing. There are a LOT of coaches who could take this roster to 5-2. Im not sure where you got any measurement on how bad I think the players are. Let me be more clear..my statement was in regards to the OP and so many others that are going to want to find 1 singular person to blame. My point is its not 100% on the coaching or 100% on the players. That is all. It is not minimizing anything if you understand what I meant by my statement We can debate the % of blame until the cows come home. Trust me when I tell you that I am more disappointed in the coaching staff. If Mario ever won a championship, I would literally have to come on here and tip my cap to the man and eat crow based on prior posts/opinions.

We are all fans that are fed up, hurting, ****ed off, and disgusted. It sucks.

Advertisement
No I think it’s about the players. Mario doesn't block, throw passes nor tackles anyone...it is all about the players and their poor effort. The players can't handle this physicality and Texas A&M was their super bowl, unfortunately there was still 9 games left.
This!

No I think its about the players. Mario doesn't block, throw passes nor tackles anyone...it is all about the players and their poor effort.
I thought the whole point of coaching was to... you know... instruct and teach players how to block, throw passes and tackle.
And again, if it's "about the players and their poor effort," why did they seem to be trying so much harder when we last saw them last year -- all for a coach who everyone said was getting fired no less.

Are you blind? That's very easy and the answer is MARIO. He made so many coaching blunders today and it's every game. Incredibly poor clock management near the end of the half, giving the ROOSTER ( this kid a major liability ) another chance, inability to the score early in the game and make it 14-0 with another pathetic play call, rolling Jack Garcia out to his left side with that chicken arm, not being able to run the ball, the same idiotic play calling, not giving more chances to Stanley & Thad Franklin, and going for 4th and three around the 45 instead of punting. This man is the reason this team sucks. We can't block, tackle, and just too many penalties. The turnovers today was an absolute disgrace. If Mario was smart but he is dumb as a jackass he would give plenty of time to Jaccuri and see what he has. He may just be a pleasant surprise. The playing calling was absolutely horrendous and MARIO looks like he is LOST every game on the sidelines. UM got sold a big bill of goods. It would not surprise me if we don't win another game. MARIO IS THE BLAME FOR THIS MESS! All you Mario slurpers should wake up because this man can recruit but that's it. He is joke of a head and day game coach. The crowd was on him, the attendance was poor, and this is attributed to one Charlatan of a coach. He is a complete disaster and a massive disappointment. He makes Randy Shannon, Al Golden, and Manny look like geniuses. GATTIS is an another disaster.

Advertisement
I'm not disagreeing. There are a LOT of coaches who could take this roster to 5-2. Im not sure where you got any measurement on how bad I think the players are. Let me be more clear..my statement was in regards to the OP and so many others that are going to want to find 1 singular person to blame. My point is its not 100% on the coaching or 100% on the players. That is all. It is not minimizing anything if you understand what I meant by my statement We can debate the % of blame until the cows come home. Trust me when I tell you that I am more disappointed in the coaching staff. If Mario ever won a championship, I would literally have to come on here and tip my cap to the man and eat crow based on prior posts/opinions.

We are all fans that are fed up, hurting, ****ed off, and disgusted. It sucks.
Here's my problem with mentioning the players. In my humble opinion 90-95% of the reason this team has not performed to what was expected at this time of the season (5-2/6-1) is the coaching staff. And the bulk of the 90-95% is the offensive staff and scheme.

So when you say the players and coaches are bad it leads the reader to believe that the players carry a significant part of the blame. I want us to fix the main issue which is going back to an offense that puts these players in situations the can succeed. These players are not going to win the nc but they are good enough to win the coastal if we had even just solid coaching.

Flip on CBS for the Ole Miss vs LSU and watch some real players and an offense from 2022 not 1952.

Advertisement
So let me get this straight, both Duke and Miami have 1st year head coaches and new staffs. Miami's average recruting class the last 4 years is 13th, while Duke's is 64th. Duke comes into Miami and beats a Miami team which was favored by 9, by 24 points.

Duke is now 5-3 while Miami is 3-4. Duke was 3-9 last year while Miami was 7-5. We have drastically regressed, while Duke has clearly improved.

So again, is it the players, which are overwhelmingly the same from last year when Manny Diaz beat Duke 47-10 at Duke? Or is it this absurdly overpriced, overhyped staff led by a not so good HC in Mario?

Somehow Elko, a 1st year HC figured it out real quick at basketball school in Duke, yet the Miami bros say that Mario needs years to change the culture? Lol
Great post. Would read again.

For anyone that did not read my post carefully, I thought it was pretty evident my opinion is that the STAFF is who the MAJORITY of the blame falls on.

Advertisement
lol you guys live in La la land.

They can fire Mario, Steele, and Gattis tomorrow, replace them with Lane and they’ll still be 3-4 because these players are losers and were heightened by an even bigger loser in Manny.

It’s going to take years for us to fix the loser stench that’s in the Hecht.
Sincerely disagree. I been around that ole miss program and some of those guys shouldn’t even be d1. Just like Miami. However.. their record..

Here's my problem with mentioning the players. In my humble opinion 90-95% of the reason this team has not performed to what was expected at this time of the season (5-2/6-1) is the coaching staff. And the bulk of the 90-95% is the offensive staff and scheme.

So when you say the players and coaches are bad it leads the reader to believe that the players carry a significant part of the blame. I want us to fix the main issue which is going back to an offense that puts these players in situations the can succeed. These players are not going to win the nc but they are good enough to win the coastal if we had even just solid coaching.
I got you man. All good. I’m an accountability guy. I’m not giving the staff the middle finger without giving it to the players too. I can’t help it if someone reads this and thinks it means I’m blaming players more than coaches. I’m not. They all deserve blame. We have so many issues, I could go on and on with you guys but I’ve wasted too much energy today on this team. We all want a different offense. I’ll never understand it. We could be lethal with the right system.

I love my Canes and my Canes fam. I’ll be back next week for more pain like an idiot. For now I’ll just be keeping it light. Life is too short to let this stuff bring any of us down.

Go Canes

Advertisement
download.jpeg.jpg

Sincerely disagree. I been around that ole miss program and some of those guys shouldn’t even be d1. Just like Miami. However.. their record..

Yeah, zero shot Lane is 3-4 here. The man is actually ELITE at x's and o's. Something Mario never has been or ever will be. We are averaging 22 points again FBS opponents. Anyone who believes Lane would not have us scoring in the 30s with this same case just doesn't know.

Advertisement
Back