Maybe someone can figure this out

Advertisement
Advertisement
5-1 to end the season last year. It wasn't always pretty, especially on defense, but the guys generally played hard and seemed to care.

Mario wouldve been better served to run them all out of town asap when he was hired. When he didnt I knew this would be the outcome.

Advertisement
Huh? What excuses? You got the wrong guy brother. The roster AND coaches stink. This has nothing to do with Elko.
I'm saying the players are not as bad as you say they are. The bulk of the problem here is coaching. You give Elko this roster and they're at worst 5-2. By saying that the coaches and players are bad you're minimizing the blame that the coaches deserve.

Mario wouldve been better served to run them all out of town asap when he was hired. When he didnt I knew this would be the outcome.
Then you must have thought he'd be a bad coach. You ignored the facts I mentioned about 5-1 in the last 6 games. If Diaz can get the guys to play hard enough for that, why can't this staff?

Advertisement
O
Sadly, Utah showed us what we were getting. It wasn't a mirage.

If people paid attention to his career at OU, they would have seen he was an average HC assisted largely by being a HC while the Pac 12 was at it's worse. If he was at OU now with Riley and Whittingham at the same time, OU is never competing for the conference.

lol you guys live in La la land.

They can fire Mario, Steele, and Gattis tomorrow, replace them with Lane and they’ll still be 3-4 because these players are losers and were heightened by an even bigger loser in Manny.

It’s going to take years for us to fix the loser stench that’s in the Hecht.

Advertisement
So let me get this straight, both Duke and Miami have 1st year head coaches and new staffs. Miami's average recruting class the last 4 years is 13th, while Duke's is 64th. Duke comes into Miami and beats a Miami team which was favored by 9, by 24 points.

Duke is now 5-3 while Miami is 3-4. Duke was 3-9 last year while Miami was 7-5. We have drastically regressed, while Duke has clearly improved.

So again, is it the players, which are overwhelmingly the same from last year when Manny Diaz beat Duke 47-10 at Duke? Or is it this absurdly overpriced, overhyped staff led by a not so good HC in Mario?

Somehow Elko, a 1st year HC figured it out real quick at basketball school in Duke, yet the Miami bros say that Mario needs years to change the culture? Lol

Yup, you nailed it, players suck!

Blatant sarcasm, but I put this here just in case.

Then you must have thought he'd be a bad coach. You ignored the facts I mentioned about 5-1 in the last 6 games. If Diaz can get the guys to play hard enough for that, why can't this staff?

No I think its about the players. Mario doesn't block, throw passes nor tackles anyone...it is all about the players and their poor effort. The players can't handle this physicality and Texas A&M was their super bowl, unfortunately there was still 9 games left.

Diff situation, Diaz was more of a players coach.

Advertisement
Back