Maybe now, a few more cable companies can find the space for ACCN

Garbage. You’re telling me I’m gonna have to buy the NHL Network now to watch hockey?

The entire television world is turning to garbage.

Whether it's cable, satellite, or internet, prices keep going up. You need a sub for this, that, and everything between.

While everyone is busy trying to make a buck, they've forgotten what makes them popular in the first place. Accessibility, on regular television where anyone can watch them without paying extra.

Sports will be a Fringe thing in a few decades. Kids don't give a crap about watching them like they used to. Heading off to this or that pay network will kill them off to a shadow of their former selves as their diehard longtime followers die off.

Advertisement
Garbage. You’re telling me I’m gonna have to buy the NHL Network now to watch hockey?
I don't subscribe to NHL Network, but for an out-of-market fan NHL.tv is worth it IMO. I paid for the full package which includes every team, every game so long as it's not blacked out locally or broadcast nationally. I can stream it on my phone, laptop or smart tv. And for the price...I've ran up higher bar tabs, so if this helps keep my *** at home on the couch it easily pays for itself over the course of a season. I think the full-access package was under $100 for this season.

I'm curious how it's going to affect all the Caps fans up here as most of their games are broadcast on NBC Sports-Washington.

I don't subscribe to NHL Network, but for an out-of-market fan NHL.tv is worth it IMO. I paid for the full package which includes every team, every game so long as it's not blacked out locally or broadcast nationally. I can stream it on my phone, laptop or smart tv. And for the price...I've ran up higher bar tabs, so if this helps keep my *** at home on the couch it easily pays for itself over the course of a season. I think the full-access package was under $100 for this season.

I'm curious how it's going to affect all the Caps fans up here as most of their games are broadcast on NBC Sports-Washington.
I normally only watch games I bet on. I can watch Canes games on FSSE, so my rooting interests aren’t a problem. But when there’s nothing else on, the 10pm hockey games are undefeated. Vegas and Colorado are great to watch. They get most of those slots.

Advertisement

I bought it to watch Panther games out of market and even though they've only played 2 games, it's been totally worth it. Single team was $85 and the full package was $100, which is really good despite the shortened season because I believe NBA charges twice the price for the same package.

Lol you wish ...
NFL contract is not forever
The NFL can easily pull away from Direct TV and make 10X as much
All the broadcast contracts will expire in the next two years and the NFL will get an increase on all of them. The Sunday Ticket package will go to one of the streamers and anyone will be able to buy it as an add-on.

The entire television world is turning to garbage.

Whether it's cable, satellite, or internet, prices keep going up. You need a sub for this, that, and everything between.

While everyone is busy trying to make a buck, they've forgotten what makes them popular in the first place. Accessibility, on regular television where anyone can watch them without paying extra.

Sports will be a Fringe thing in a few decades. Kids don't give a crap about watching them like they used to. Heading off to this or that pay network will kill them off to a shadow of their former selves as their diehard longtime followers die off.

well cutting the chord inevitably led to this.

Advertisement
All the broadcast contracts will expire in the next two years and the NFL will get an increase on all of them. The Sunday Ticket package will go to one of the streamers and anyone will be able to buy it as an add-on.
A streamer isn't paying what FOX is paying... Not possible.... Amazon, maybe

I concur, i think sports has peaked and reached its golden era. Newer generations are not as rabid. Its older guys, and alot of people are cutting cable. Free tv might not pay for those exorbitant tv rights. I guarantee there are many cord cutters on this board and rising fast. Maybe not next 2 years but 5.

Last edited:
well cutting the chord inevitably led to this.
And the constant raising of prices by the cable companies led to cord cutting. They have no one to blame but themselves. It also would have helped them if they had let consumers choose what channels they wanted, instead of continually sticking us with channels we would never watch.

Advertisement
And the constant raising of prices by the cable companies led to cord cutting. They have no one to blame but themselves. It also would have helped them if they had let consumers choose what channels they wanted, instead of continually sticking us with channels we would never watch.

I mean Hulu live and youtube tv don't let you pick your channels and when you factor in bundle prices with cable companies, you're paying see for less

I do love that streaming has given rise to streaming apps for cable companies (you can stream ATT directly to your tv without a need for cable boxes and can be done on any tv, same with directv, etc.). I just use the tv built in software or Apple TV and have all tvs going with my live tv cable sub

Sunday ticket is already streamable and I love it bc I can have on other games on my computer or iPad and have the local market game on my tv.

Advertisement
Pepsi sponsors the halftime show. They aren't skipping, just not running commercials (which are pretty much sold out anyway)

coke, pepsi, bud are spending their money that would spend on a commercial slot into vaccine education which is a better way to spend that money. more pub from there than from a super bowl ad imo

I have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about. The issue isn’t content. The issue is that over a year in, people with Comcast and some other large carriers don’t have the option, even if they would be willing to pay extra per month. If you’re talking about cutting the cord, we’re not there yet and clearly many other houses are not either. It was an unmitigated disaster by Swofford.
Content is always what it is all about. Comcast makes you pay for all of the foreign language channels they carry. The thread opened up making a statement about squeezing the ACCN in where NBCSports was vacating. If the cable company wanted to carry the ACCN, there are already gaps in their channel lineup where they could put the ACCN. Do they really need to have 4 SEC channels or 4 B1G channels. During the last Football season my provider put in 4 B1G channels. Problem is they showed the same game on all 4. They have now went back to one B1G channel. Before I cut the cord, the ACCN channel was put in a special package that I could have, if I wanted to pay extra. Another trick to suck more money out of my wallet. They could have given it to me for free. They obviously had the space on their lineup to carry it.

If u watch nothing else $60 month is $15 a game ... whine and ***** much ???????

Comcast ( biggest tv provider in south Florida) doesn’t even offer ACCN). I am blessed to be able to afford to watch it on wherever they put the game, but to assume everyone can is what makes your comment douche.

Comcast ( biggest tv provider in south Florida) doesn’t even offer ACCN). I am blessed to be able to afford to watch it on wherever they put the game, but to assume everyone can is what makes your comment douche.

I know UF and FSU had some PPV games in the past, but yeah not everyone esp in Miami has the DI to spend on a game that is likely to be savannah state or lower tier ACC games.

the issue with the market in Miami and the canes interest in terms of attendance and is the same with PPV games is that there are four pro teams here and the canes. sports fans are already dividing their income that they have left to spend on sports between everyone they have an interest in. I don't see many people going out and spending 15 bucks to watch a game slotted for ACCN.

Advertisement
Back