Maybe now, a few more cable companies can find the space for ACCN

Advertisement
Where am I going to watch the Tour De France at 8 in the morning on the weekend when I’m hung over? Lol in all seriousness they’ll probably move over all of their sports programming to Peacock or one of the other 50 channels they own

USA.

But, seriously, this opens up a spot on the dial.

Peacock. Why give it for free when people will pay?

Stopped watching EPL so maybe some of these sports should think about who they let pay for the rights.

Advertisement
Bash the results of the football team all you want, but right now the biggest failure of Blake James is my inability to watch a Hurricanes football game live without spending another $60 a month because the ACCN is absolutely ridiculous. Every game on ACCN should be at least be available pay-per-view at a reasonable rate.

Bash the results of the football team all you want, but right now the biggest failure of Blake James is my inability to watch a Hurricanes football game live without spending another $60 a month because the ACCN is absolutely ridiculous. Every game on ACCN should be at least be available pay-per-view at a reasonable rate.
Blake James is the definition of incompetence falling upward and he can’t leave soon enough. However, the ACCN falls on exactly one person’s shoulders - John Swofford.

I suspect Blakey Wakey has input to ACCN decisions, but doubt he has compelling authority.

Don't you think?

Advertisement
Blake James is the definition of incompetence falling upward and he can’t leave soon enough. However, the ACCN falls on exactly one person’s shoulders - John Swofford.
Keep spending that $60 a month. Since there are only 4 time slots open on a Saturday, they can only cover 8 teams. Another thing to consider is that ESPN probably has 1st choice on which games they are going to cover, which means ACCN gets the leftovers. As things are going now, they can't cover all of the live sporting events from the 16 schools in the conference. App State might make the TV schedule, but Central Conn. State won't.

Advertisement
Keep spending that $60 a month. Since there are only 4 time slots open on a Saturday, they can only cover 8 teams. Another thing to consider is that ESPN probably has 1st choice on which games they are going to cover, which means ACCN gets the leftovers. As things are going now, they can't cover all of the live sporting events from the 16 schools in the conference. App State might make the TV schedule, but Central Conn. State won't.
I have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about. The issue isn’t content. The issue is that over a year in, people with Comcast and some other large carriers don’t have the option, even if they would be willing to pay extra per month. If you’re talking about cutting the cord, we’re not there yet and clearly many other houses are not either. It was an unmitigated disaster by Swofford.

I see all sports channels going this way. Then salaries. Say good bye to 100 million dollar players. If I’m correct next year is the first year the salary cap in nfl is going down.
Lol you wish ...
NFL contract is not forever
The NFL can easily pull away from Direct TV and make 10X as much

Advertisement
Lol you wish ...
NFL contract is not forever
The NFL can easily pull away from Direct TV and make 10X as much
Time will tell. 200,000,000 people paying for sports channels that don’t watch it.

USA.

But, seriously, this opens up a spot on the dial.
Or they'll just charge the same rate while not replacing. Hulu got rid of Fox Sports SFL right after raising prices, now I can't watch the Heat... switching over to AT&T TV as a result, but still obnoxious.

I'm also betting they made these decisions because viewership was down the past year, without considering that I watched my team on TNT this year due to the bubble

I see all sports channels going this way. Then salaries. Say good bye to 100 million dollar players. If I’m correct next year is the first year the salary cap in nfl is going down.
Maybe you're right, but the salary cap going down probably has more to do with empty stadiums than anything else

Advertisement
Back