Maybe "Cooney needs a promotion" tweets weren't trolls

Advertisement
And? Stevenson is a South Dade kid who transferred to Southridge his Senior year, the only connection there was that Cooney's younger brother coached at Ridge, that's it. Banda was supposed to land Ty because he was the main one recruiting him. We messed up because we recruited him at Safety instead of CB.

And if you think he hasn't done anything it's simply because you don't know what he actually does. Last year he was just a Quality control coach, but moving him to Recruiting coordinator is a perfect role for him.

I do understand what he does...And none of that went so well either this year right? And also I'm not arguing that role...I thought it was a bit ambitious sure, but it's whatever... But WR coach?

I do understand what he does...And none of that went so well either this year right? And also I'm not arguing that role...I thought it was a bit ambitious, sure but it's whatever... But WR coach?
Who said he was WR coach? Did Diaz announce that he's the WR coach?

Advertisement
Y’all are getting in your feelings. Dude doesn’t deserve any on field job. He got promoted to head recruiting analyst or whatever for the offense. Hes done a decent job at it. Why promote an unproven commodity?

If Manny is the savage we want him to be, he thanks Cooney with a handshake and tells him to do it again. He was given a promotion and to this point he's rewarded Manny's vision. Doesn't mean the program gets stronger by giving him the WR job.

Advertisement
Lol, people speculate & call for A LOT of sh*t on this board, doesn't mean anything until an official announcement is made.

And that's what I was addressing, the speculation and also the switch-sidedness...And I'm being for real he and his brother's name were associated with Stevenson a lot since his bro is at SR and Cooney was up until 2 years ago. So no I don't blame him for TS, but believe me he would have been exalted as god almighty if the kid would have came to UM.

Advertisement
Advertisement
chill... get off the high from 4 coming back. He already got a promotion and Miami is not a place to see if he can coach WRs.

And that's what I was addressing, the speculation and also the switch-sidedness...And I'm being for real he and his brother's name were associated with Stevenson a lot since his bro is at SR and Cooney was up until 2 years ago. So no I don't blame him for TS, but believe me he would have been exalted as god almighty if the kid would have came to UM.
David Cooney had no relationship with Ty, he never coached him because Ty spent his first 3 years at South Dade.

And do you know what a Quality control coach does? How was an assistant support staff who couldn't even do off campus recruiting supposed to land the #1 CB in the State? We missed on TY because the coach who was responsible for landing him didn't handle his business. When Jess Simpson missed on 4 DL's who's fault was that? Do we blame that on Alex Devine or Matt Gazzillo?

Cooney is not a CB coach & nor a position coach, his new job is as recruiting coordinator, which means he'll have more pliability to contact prospects & be in communication with players. If he couldn't do his job Diaz would've let him go, ask yourself why would Diaz fire Brown, Dugans & Hartley but then give Cooney a promotion knowing he's been around him on this team for the last 2 years?

Advertisement
Back