Maybe "Cooney needs a promotion" tweets weren't trolls

he’s worked under Dugans and the receivers so he knows what he has to do to coach. Probably can bring in his own ideas. Has proven to be good on the trail. Im just saying if he does get the job we shouldn’t be mad

Advertisement
At what point does some of this go on the kids and the parents? We know other factors took some kids away and some kids just wanted to sell out but km not blaming Cooney

I'm not blaming either...But I sure as **** ain't promoting him and crowning him for every good thing happening?

he’s worked under Dugans and the receivers so he knows what he has to do to coach. Probably can bring in his own ideas. Has proven to be good on the trail. Im just saying if he does get the job we shouldn’t be mad

Good on the trail when? Come on man, you can't believe this.

Who's job was it to recruit Steveson, Banda or Cooney?

He was linked to Stevenson for a loooooong time...And there was a lot of twitter back and forth between he, his brother, and stevenson.

And again LCE, I'm not blaming anything on him...I'm just not ready to crown the guy for NOTHING

Last edited:
Advertisement
Yes I know this, no idea how that promotion happened either, and now talking actual WR coach?
His previous role had nothing to do with recruiting. Baez was that guy. He was a analyst/glorified GA. Now, he’s the main recruiting contact for offense.

Advertisement
Anyone knows his back story? I saw he was the architect of the 7 on 7 in SFLA and south ridge OC. Anything else? He have actually coaching experience with any position groups? He play? He from the area originally? He develop and known players while at South ridge? Would he be bettter served as recruiting coordinator vs an on the field coach? Just trying to get a feel for his actual coaching acumen..

Look all I’m saying is that people within and around the program are hella praising him for the work he has put in. I side with those people over dudes on canesinsight (who I also respect btw).

I mean this is the same dude 90%(not an exaggeration) of this board wanted to crucify with his annoying "Watch the finish" **** because one by one everyone he could have been talking about committed elsewhere...Don't get me wrong, the angry mob usually isn't right...I was never that extreme down on him, but now everyone wants him to be WR coach?

There has to be levels to this **** man...happy medium anyone? First he's an ******* bc he told you watch the finish/ and I got rabbits in my hat...THEN WE MISSED ON EVERYONE...Now you guys think he somehow brought Jeff Thomas back and AR tweets something good...(EVERY PLAYER IN AMERICA IS TWEETING GOOD THINGS ABOUT COACHES NOWADAYS BTW), and you want him cold blooded all the way up to WR coach? I just don't see any accomplishment to merit this.

**** it doesn't take much for some of you to switch sides.

Advertisement
Look all I’m saying is that people within and around the program are hella praising him for the work he has put in. I side with those people over dudes on canesinsight (who I also respect btw).

Takes more results imo...Not just "putting in work

I mean this is the same dude 90%(not an exaggeration) of this board wanted to crucify with his annoying "Watch the finish" **** because one by one everyone he could have been talking about committed elsewhere...Don't get me wrong, the angry mob usually isn't right...I was never that extreme down on him, but now everyone wants him to be WR coach?

There has to be levels to this **** man...happy medium anyone? First he's an ******* bc he told you watch the finish/ and I got rabbits in my hat...THEN WE MISSED ON EVERYONE...Now you guys think he somehow brought Jeff Thomas back and AR tweets something good...(EVERY PLAYER IN AMERICA IS TWEETING GOOD THINGS ABOUT COACHES NOWADAYS BTW), and you want him cold blooded all the way up to WR coach? I just don't see any accomplishment to merit this.

**** it doesn't take much for some of you to switch sides.
**** , did Cooney fck yo girl or something bruh ?!

Advertisement
I don't understand how people can claim players are getting bags, but then go out and blame our coaching staff for not landing these guys. Well, Which one is it??? Are they not coming because we are bad recruiters or because they are getting bags? Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to crown Cooney, I don't even know if he has done anything really, but I'm tired of always seeing this narrative on the board.

He was linked to Stevenson for a loooooong time...And there was a lot of twitter back and forth between he, his brother, and stevenson.

And again LCE, I'm not blaming anything on him...I'm just not ready to crown the guy for NOTHING
And? Stevenson is a South Dade kid who transferred to Southridge his Senior year, the only connection there was that Cooney's younger brother coached at Ridge, that's it. Banda was supposed to land Ty because he was the main one recruiting him. We messed up because we recruited him at Safety instead of CB.

And if you think he hasn't done anything it's simply because you don't know what he actually does. Last year he was just a Quality control coach, but moving him to Recruiting coordinator is a perfect role for him.

I have no idea how good of a coach he is. I’m sure most on here do not.

Good recruiter. I’m sure manny and Enos wouldn’t just hand him the job, if he’s completely incompetent. Especially Enos since he will have to work with him. They might just be qualified enough to make that call

**** , did Cooney fck yo girl or something bruh ?!

Nah, just trying to figure out why someone this under qualified would go to WR coach based on recruiting merit when we just whiffed on the whole Sofla (yes I know we had a bad season too, save it... a real plug/someone with status some of you are placing on Cooney would have found a way to make some of that "finish" happen and 1-2 locals stay home)

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back