May the Cristobal purge begin....

I know b-mac and someone who is rumored to be a possibility at OC but Ive never had the pleasure of meeting coach Mario or Mirabel and the rest. I know coach smith too because my brother was a starting lb at la tech the last 3 or so years he’s my boy. I think b-mac is a superstar hire. He’ll do work in South Florida. I think you’ll see a huge leap in the 3 amigos but in particular B.Smith. This group so far will take DM’s from anyone if it means helping the program. There are bunch of houston kids I’ll be sending film on from the 7 on 7 squads my dad helps with. I can text b-mac and if the rumored oc is true I can call him directly he’s actually my friend. So i think I’ll be pretty successful in getting some houston talent noticed here
I can't believe the "Herman as OC" rumors have not been championed on this thread. It's the first name that came to mind when reading SPC's post.

I would be very happy with Herman.

Advertisement
I can't believe the "Herman as OC" rumors have not been championed on this thread. It's the first name that came to mind when reading SPC's post.

I would be very happy with Herman.
Considering Herman was on my Personal list for HC candidates (not high up, but on it nonetheless), this would be a home run hire. Nagy is almost assuredly getting fired, so there's no guarantee he would stay on as an analyst; additionally, the Bears' season not only ends tomorrow, but given the timing of it all, would make sense to keep this under wraps....also gets us deeper into the Texas pipeline.

@Liberty City El, just for the sake of ****s and giggles (very, very small chance, I understand that) - what's your take on Herman as an OC? Also, would he be forgoing his Texas payments if he took a job at Miami, or any college position?

Of course, Briles fits this profile too (he coached at Houston) and is much more likely, but the Herman rumor is spicy and makes for great message board speculation....😎

Advertisement
call me Mr Jonestown!!
PLEASE NOT GARCIA .. kid is legit and would be tremendous as the next stellar UM QB .. and also very much needed in case TVD goes down briefly. Once TVD leaves for the NFL the job is Garcias .. 2 seasons .. and HE leaves for the NFL. Works for everyone.

Advertisement
Not sure why portal activity and change surprises anyone. Pre-portal, players were essentially trapped by a system they didn't create. Players may want to transfer for family reasons, academic reasons or to better match their football talent and expectations. The portal just allows young men to exercise the freedom non football players have.

Yeah. I think he can more than be something for us in that role. But tryna square him into a Will/Mike role needs to die.

Sam has similar height/weight to Roche. I don’t know about his wingspan. He could be a stud at rush olb.

We should start developing him and Thomas Davis in that role.

I know Mario wants to go bigger, but those guys can help our pass rush. We all saw how productive Trent Harris was in 17. They can at least be that level of productivity.

Advertisement
PLEASE NOT GARCIA .. kid is legit and would be tremendous as the next stellar UM QB .. and also very much needed in case TVD goes down briefly. Once TVD leaves for the NFL the job is Garcias .. 2 seasons .. and HE leaves for the NFL. Works for everyone.

Im with you, and I have this theory(just completely my opinion): after being so well-traveled and being a bit of a football vagabond, that Garcia may really like Miami and wants to settle in at one place for awhile. That he understands he's not THAT far from being the starter at UM.

But at a certain point, people just want a place where they can just hang their hat for awhile. He seemed to be pretty connected to his teammates(at least from what I observed from games this past season)

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back