May enrollee update: Corey Gaynor

View as article
Best athlete to come out of my alma mater since Anthony Rizzo. Can't wait to see this kid dominate!

First off, your username is horrendous :)

Next, you actually touched on a point of concern. Is Gaynor athletic enough ? Love the guys tape but how will he do vs the 4/5 star DT from FSU?

Will he be able to hold his own vs top talent? That is question yet to be answered.

Advertisement
HEY KID ( I KNOW YOU'RE READING THIS)... WELCOME TO THE U !

Bottom line... YOU'LL GET YOUR SHOT... JUST BRING EVERYTHING YOU GOT, EVERY TIME YOU PUT ON A HELMET... YOU'LL BE FINE.

CAT5

I think he will still need a year to gain weight and more strength but no doubt he will be one helluva Center down the road.

IMO Gaynor and Linder should battle for the starting center spot so that Gauthier can stay at guard.

Has anyone done a side by side comparison of our two-deep OL from last year against our projected two-deep OL this year to see whether or not we should expect the line to be better this year?

In my view, the OL is the key to the whole season. Stacked at DL, LB, and even CB and S on defense. Fully expect our D to be elite and give our team a chance to win every game so long as the O is average or above average. Stacked at WR and TE and the RB position is very good even with depth issues. A good OL will make the RB better and give the QB enough time to let his playmakers at WR and TE shine.

This same team with the talent and depth at OL from our 2014 probably goes undefeated during the regular season and plays in a major bowl / playoffs.

Advertisement
Best athlete to come out of my alma mater since Anthony Rizzo. Can't wait to see this kid dominate!

First off, your username is horrendous :)

Next, you actually touched on a point of concern. Is Gaynor athletic enough ? Love the guys tape but how will he do vs the 4/5 star DT from FSU?

Will he be able to hold his own vs top talent? That is question yet to be answered.

I think in his tape there's footage of him dominating a 4/5 star recruit, no?

“I only have one word to describe myself – and that’s nasty,” he said. “I play the game of football to physically dominate you and make sure you do not want to play anymore.”

whoa.gif

Advertisement
Gonna be very interesting in fall camp for sure. So far LT George Brown Jr. has not shown enough to push McDermott, which is concerning, but he will still have a chance to start the year after and compete with Herbert and Hillery with 1-2 losers moving over to RT to compete there. However, I will add that I would not be shocked to see St. Louis move to LT after this season and let the others compete at RT from the jump. At LG and C it really comes down to this: Which is greater?: Darling-Gauthier OR Gauthier-Linder/Gaynor. Me personally I believe the current 5 will be the group come week 1. Doesn't really matter to me if Gaynor can beat out Linder because he's currently not a starter anyway. Also, as high as I am on Gaynor, I don't see him being better than Darling right now because I expect Darling to be much better as he settles into his more natural position.

Donaldson is a lock at RG for this season. Next season? Could end up sliding out to OT, but I think his size and strength is better suited inside, despite his LT feet and elite athleticism. If we do end up signing Cleveland Reed and he shows he can hold down the RG spot as a true freshman, then we could see Donaldson moved to OT. But that only happens if Reed is one of the Top 5 guys. To do that he would have to be better than at least 3 of GBJ, Herbert, Hillery, Gaynor and Dykstra-assuming TSL and Gauthier as returning starters which seems very possible imo. Personally I would prefer having St. Louis and Donaldson (regardless of sides) at OT next year with presumably Gauthier/Gaynor manning 2 of the inside positions. All depends on Herbert/Hillery/GBJ developing at OT so we can keep ND55 inside.

At LG and C it really comes down to this: Which is greater?: Darling-Gauthier OR Gauthier-Linder/Gaynor. Me personally I believe the current 5 will be the group come week 1. Doesn't really matter to me if Gaynor can beat out Linder because he's currently not a starter anyway. Also, as high as I am on Gaynor, I don't see him being better than Darling right now because I expect Darling to be much better as he settles into his more natural position.

Donaldson is a lock at RG for this season. Next season? Could end up sliding out to OT, but I think his size and strength is better suited inside, despite his LT feet and elite athleticism. If we do end up signing Cleveland Reed and he shows he can hold down the RG spot as a true freshman, then we could see Donaldson moved to OT. But that only happens if Reed is one of the Top 5 guys. To do that he would have to be better than at least 3 of GBJ, Herbert, Hillery, Gaynor and Dykstra-assuming TSL and Gauthier as returning starters which seems very possible imo. Personally I would prefer having St. Louis and Donaldson (regardless of sides) at OT next year with presumably Gauthier/Gaynor manning 2 of the inside positions. All depends on Herbert/Hillery/GBJ developing at OT so we can keep ND55 inside.

1. The LG/C question you asked is right on point, I think. It comes down to Darling/Gauthier vs Gauthier/Linder or Gaynor. Now, Gaynor might light the world on fire, but I suspect what he brings to the table in combination with Gauthier at Guard is < what Darling/Gauthier bring to the table together. So, as I said earlier in this thread, I think it's being oversold.

2. Donaldson is a potential RT candidate, but it'll depend on finding another Tackle next season. I really rather not rely on True Frosh at OL every year, especially if they're not EE (which luckily for us Donaldson was). Next year, you're likely to see Gaynor jump into that Center spot everyone wants to place him this year. Then you can kick Gauthier to LG. So the calculus then becomes LT/RG/RT. St Louis/Donaldson/Brown or Brown/Donaldson/St Louis OR one of the young pups slide in. Again, lucky for us is St. Louis might be able to play LT next season.

And, most lucky of all, Donaldson and Gauthier are likely able to play two positions: RG/RT and C/LG, respectively. 2018 is really shaping up. We're probably a DT away (in that year, depending on early departures) from a playoff roster.

Advertisement
Conrad Dobler reincarnated.
Love it.
The type of player opposing fans hate.
The type of player we'll love.

Keep seeing so n so is too weak... Where are the GD Roids? **** most the NFL is on them, and lots of NCAA i'm sure...

Advertisement
That's the question to be answered by every recruit. They are all recruited on their potential and nobody knows what they'll do until they get to practice against college players. He was already 300 pounds in his last interview and we know he has a physical nature

Advertisement
Back