May as well close down shop for this cycle...Diaz gone

Advertisement
Say goodbye to Tyrique, Bogle, and anybody else on defense with legit options to head elsewhere. Probably lose any juniors who are on the fence of going pro too.

Total distster of a year. Richt bout to go ahead and retire after next year. He doesn’t have the fight in him to keep this thing from spiraling out of control.

Advertisement
Calm down. We may lose guys but the reality is that anywhere you go that has success, there will be staff movement. UGA just lost their DC as well, so by that same logic it shouldn’t matter.

UGA is in a little better spot as a program right now.

For a team that had a disastrous year with enormous negativity surrounding the program, losing your one bright spot a week before signing day is a disaster.

Advertisement
I only expect 2 guys to decommitt. There just isnt a lot of times for guys to look around. We will see what happens.

Advertisement
Which of these guys that you expect to commit are primarily recruited by Diaz? And the "expect decommitments to come," where have you been? Solomon and Brownlee are on the verge already irrespective of Diaz doing anything. As usual, there's doom and gloom and the likeliest scenario is the defensive class remains intact and we add the guys we were going to add anyways.

Calm down. We may lose guys but the reality is that anywhere you go that has success, there will be staff movement. UGA just lost their DC as well, so by that same logic it shouldn’t matter.
The difference with those schools are these kids have never seen Miami win outside of last year on a consisted basis and SEC schools have dominated for the last 10-12 yrs and no matter who the coach is. You cant even turn on the TV without the SEC being mention, so kids are brainwashed thinking this is the only schools that can win. I've come to think its more about the school than the coaches because even when Richt was at Uga he always had top classes and couldnt win. It about the school and what it represents in these kids eyes. Its looking like we will never get back to where we use to be because until we start winning on a consisted basis and big nationally, it ain't happening again.

Advertisement
I think it's important the position coaches remain intact. Banda especially. Jess Simpson isn't going anywhere. I doubt Rumph is either.

I think it's important the position coaches remain intact. Banda especially. Jess Simpson isn't going anywhere. I doubt Rumph is either.
The position coaches are the most important part of it. Diaz is a selling point but he is not really a recruiter.

Advertisement
Back