May 7 vs Appalachian State 7pm ACCNX

To be clear, I am not dogging the guy - he is a **** of a player. But Pat Burrell was a legit #1 pick - and played like it. ADC is a nice player.
ADC isn’t Pat the Bat because almost nobody else going to be. We’re taking about a .400+ hitter and a 1.300 OPS. Almost impossible to replicate at any level in college baseball. I do feel as though people put way too much on Del’s shoulders from the get-go.

If UM flops out early in a regional or worse, it’s not because ADC is merely hitting .300. Gotta get the best out of everyone, especially starting pitching.

Del has a bright future in the pros, and will be an MLB player IMO. I do think it’s fair to question whether catching is in his long term future though, or if an organization uses him as an offensive outfielder long term.

Advertisement
ADC isn’t Pat the Bat because almost nobody else going to be. We’re taking about a .400+ hitter and a 1.300 OPS. Almost impossible to replicate at any level in college baseball. I do feel as though people put way too much on Del’s shoulders from the get-go.

If UM flops out early in a regional or worse, it’s not because ADC is merely hitting .300. Gotta get the best out of everyone, especially starting pitching.

Del has a bright future in the pros, and will be an MLB player IMO. I do think it’s fair to question whether catching is in his long term future though, or if an organization uses him as an offensive outfielder long term.
No way he catches in MLB and honestly the way he digressed this season he is no shoo in to make the bigs IMO, he has to get back to his 2019 form at the plate. I hope he does and wish him well but I think a guy like Morales has way more MLB promise in my eyes. The ball comes off his bat different, and he is still a baby

Last edited:
Morales has that Christian Yelich build. He can straight up rake the ball. With better coaching he will be a stud the next 2 years.

As El said, gotta get the best out of everyone - true words. It would not be unreasonable for this team to get hot at the right time and make a run.

Morales has that Christian Yelich build. He can straight up rake the ball. With better coaching he will be a stud the next 2 years.

As El said, gotta get the best out of everyone - true words. It would not be unreasonable for this team to get hot at the right time and make a run.
I don't see the arms or plate consistency for that, but I would love to see it

Advertisement
No way he catches in MLB and honestly the way he digressed this season he is no shoo in to make the bigs IMO, he has to get back to his 2019 form at the plate. I hope he does and wish him well but I think a guy like Morales has way more MLB promise in my eyes. The ball comes off his bat different, and he is still a baby
You might not be wrong, but ADC still had a higher AVG and OPS as a freshman than Yoyo does now.

For a program where a lot of fans have yearned for better player development over the years, Yoyo’s development through 2023 will be a huge measuring stick of the overall abilities of this coaching staff.

You might not be wrong, but ADC still had a higher AVG and OPS as a freshman than Yoyo does now.

For a program where a lot of fans have yearned for better player development over the years, Yoyo’s development through 2023 will be a huge measuring stick of the overall abilities of this coaching staff.
Could not agree more, he is a more natural/gifted hitter than ADC, he regresses and the problem we think we have is proven IMO. He has been thrust into a crucial spot in the lineup with a bunch of upperclassmen failing him while he leads the team in SLG% and RBIs. ADC did have more offensive help/opportunities than he does so its not apples to apples but I get your point

Remember that ADC only caught a year in HS, was behind Amditis for most of ‘19 and barely caught last year before covid. Yes he’s listed as a catcher and plays a lot of catcher but he just hasn’t caught a ton compared to other third-year college catchers. I do think Perez at C and ADC in RF is a sensible decision.

And even though ADC is absolutely almost certainly going pro after this season, he hasn’t ruled out playing at least a partial season in the Cape before the July draft. If nothing else, the extra at bats and games behind the plate may help him regain any lost draft stock.
ADC in right and Perez behind the plate was the only decision. Any rational person could have seen this. Gino really put his best hitter behind the plate to learn to catch, all while trying to prove to pro teams he could catch at the next level. Yes that makes as much sense as it sounds like. It was the dumbest personnel decision I’ve ever seen at this level of baseball.

This year killed his draft stock. He won’t catch at the pro level and if he does he’ll be stuck in AA until he’s 30. His bat was always his meal ticket and Gino compromised that too. Absolute malpractice. After the draft, he should sue Gino and the University for damages.

ADC in right and Perez behind the plate was the only decision. Any rational person could have seen this. Gino really put his best hitter behind the plate to learn to catch, all while trying to prove to pro teams he could catch at the next level. Yes that makes as much sense as it sounds like. It was the dumbest personnel decision I’ve ever seen at this level of baseball.

This year killed his draft stock. He won’t catch at the pro level and if he does he’ll be stuck in AA until he’s 30. His bat was always his meal ticket and Gino compromised that too. Absolute malpractice. After the draft, he should sue Gino and the University for damages.

Wow I didn't even think of that perspective. Is Perez the better catcher?

No question ADC can swing a bat, and a real coach on the next level will fix it back to what it was. Toral on the other hand - he needs a tattoo reading "Less food More weights"

Advertisement
Wow I didn't even think of that perspective. Is Perez the better catcher?

No question ADC can swing a bat, and a real coach on the next level will fix it back to what it was. Toral on the other hand - he needs a tattoo reading "Less food More weights"
It’s not just that Perez is the better catcher. It’s also bc he’s an *actual* catcher.

Only team in the ACC with 4 of the league's top 25 in H
LMAO, those are some nice "stats" my main man Rok, BUT.............. what really matters is the top half of the league works us like a $10 *****

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back