May 7 vs Appalachian State 7pm ACCNX

I disagree. With Wicho on Jenkins hitting ground balls vs fly balls. Yes, ground balls are better, but line drives are best.

Advertisement
I love small ball. Don’t love it as much as morris forced it down our throat but tonight is nearing those days

Final 4-2. It was a win, but that was another big yikes performance offensively.

Advertisement
I do remember Gil at third but not this many errors , it’s seems like every game morales has a throwing error.
At least as far as charged errors, they’re pretty similar. In the last full season (2019), Gil committed 16 errors in 58 games (.869 fielding percentage). Last year was a similar pace 4 in 16 games (.886) and he fielded .867 (2 errors) in limited defensive time this year. Yoyo has now made 10 errors now in 39 games (.890 before accounting for tonight’s error).

Out hit tonight by App. Something very wrong with the way this team tries to hit.

Gino did two things good tonight. Never thought I'd write that. Got a warning from the ump. (He went off on the home plate umps ball call) Second, that suicide squeeze was kinda money. And I hate bunting.

Last edited:
Injury Report: Wanger and Mike Rosario (knee) could both be available next weekend. Gino said Rosario has looked good in BP, but base running is still a concern. Born has been injured (didn’t specify), he wasn’t cleared today but likely will be tomorrow.

Advertisement
Every pitcher has it going against us. It reminds me of football, when we make Wake Forest QB's look like All Americans.

Can anyone hit a breaking ball? 83 MPH breaking ball and Toral and ADC literally cannot hit. It paralyzes them. Has to come down to coaching.

Toral needs to either lift weights or go on a diet.

Every pitcher has it going against us. It reminds me of football, when we make Wake Forest QB's look like All Americans.

Can anyone hit a breaking ball? 83 MPH breaking ball and Toral and ADC literally cannot hit. It paralyzes them. Has to come down to coaching.

Toral needs to either lift weights or go on a diet.
It comes down to coaching... ok so staying back and up the middle or letting the ball get deep has never been preached to this team? You sure? Cause I’d bet my wheelchair it has.

It comes down to coaching... ok so staying back and up the middle or letting the ball get deep has never been preached to this team? You sure? Cause I’d bet my wheelchair it has.
Of course it is taught. But it has to do more with the emphasis/accountability of the subject. Look at our base running. Obviously they are teaching base running but it’s clearly not a emphasis regardless of the idiot alumni that swear up and down Gino is the master base running coach! There is zero accountability within this program. That’s the issue.

Advertisement
A win against APP State is nice, but its has no bearing on conference standings. The last 2 series will determine our fate to make the post season. So, catch your breath this weekend this weekend, the next 2 weekends are due to be nail biters.

A win against APP State is nice, but its has no bearing on conference standings. The last 2 series will determine our fate to make the post season. So, catch your breath this weekend this weekend, the next 2 weekends are due to be nail biters.
Anything worse than 3-3 the last two weekends ends our season. Crazy we’ve put ourself in this situation.

You are probably right in that it is coached or preached - but if the coaching is garbage, you end up with a lead off hitter hitting .157, a team average under .300, and pretty much one of the overall worst hitting teams I have ever seen. Gino has been here forever - compare Burrell, Michaels, Huff to Toral (you cant just look at their conditioning, body forms, and over all ability. Look at John Jay and compare him to Lala - You cannot.

Have you seen every other team steal bases against ADC? Taking candy from a baby. A preseason AA potential top 5 pick cannot through the ball from home plate to 2nd base without hopping the ball? Coaching should be able to help this.

Coaching on this team sucks - or the players are not responding which circles back to coaching being horrendous.

Advertisement
You are probably right in that it is coached or preached - but if the coaching is garbage, you end up with a lead off hitter hitting .157, a team average under .300, and pretty much one of the overall worst hitting teams I have ever seen. Gino has been here forever - compare Burrell, Michaels, Huff to Toral (you cant just look at their conditioning, body forms, and over all ability. Look at John Jay and compare him to Lala - You cannot.

Have you seen every other team steal bases against ADC? Taking candy from a baby. A preseason AA potential top 5 pick cannot through the ball from home plate to 2nd base without hopping the ball? Coaching should be able to help this.

Coaching on this team sucks - or the players are not responding which circles back to coaching being horrendous.
In ACC play, teams have only attempted 25 stolen bases on Miami this year, with ADC as the catcher for the vast majority of those games. 9 were caught for .735 SBA%, which is middle of the pack.

In ACC play, teams have only attempted 25 stolen bases on Miami this year, with ADC as the catcher for the vast majority of those games. 9 were caught for .735 SBA%, which is middle of the pack.
No challenge from me on that. Forecasted top 5 picks in the draft should not be middle of the pack. ADC is a fine player. He is just not playing on an elite level. I believe better coaching will maximize player potential.

Remember that ADC only caught a year in HS, was behind Amditis for most of ‘19 and barely caught last year before covid. Yes he’s listed as a catcher and plays a lot of catcher but he just hasn’t caught a ton compared to other third-year college catchers. I do think Perez at C and ADC in RF is a sensible decision.

And even though ADC is absolutely almost certainly going pro after this season, he hasn’t ruled out playing at least a partial season in the Cape before the July draft. If nothing else, the extra at bats and games behind the plate may help him regain any lost draft stock.

Remember that ADC only caught a year in HS, was behind Amditis for most of ‘19 and barely caught last year before covid. Yes he’s listed as a catcher and plays a lot of catcher but he just hasn’t caught a ton compared to other third-year college catchers. I do think Perez at C and ADC in RF is a sensible decision.

And even though ADC is absolutely almost certainly going pro after this season, he hasn’t ruled out playing at least a partial season in the Cape before the July draft. If nothing else, the extra at bats and games behind the plate may help him regain any lost draft stock.
To be clear, I am not dogging the guy - he is a **** of a player. But Pat Burrell was a legit #1 pick - and played like it. ADC is a nice player.

Advertisement
Back