May 27, ACCT vs Duke, 11am (possible stream link included)

Advertisement
Advertisement
What a wasted at-bat by Gil. I just want to pull my hair out when I see guys taking strikes with runners in scoring position and no outs. Your job is to move the runner. It is not to be selective trying to hit a homerun or base hit. If that happens in the process then fine, but swing the **** bat and hit the ball to the right side and move Toral to 3rd!!!

Advertisement
What have we been doing all year with Jake Smith?

He didn't look this good early on but we sure waited long enough to give him a legit shot as a SP.
I've said for years that ginos bullpen and rotation decisions have cost this team far too many games over his tenure. If Smith continues to deal I will add him to Gino's resume of pitching blunders.

What a wasted at-bat by Gil. I just want to pull my hair out when I see guys taking strikes with runners im scoring position and no outs. Your job is to move the runner. It is not to be selective teying to hit a homerun or base hit. If that happens in the process then fine, but swing the **** bat and hit the ball to the right side and move Toral to 3rd!!!
This is why you don’t put Toral and Gil back to back. They are exactly the type of hitters who do that. XBH guys who can’t run and strike out a lot have to be broken up by other guys when they aren’t your best hitters ie your 3-4.

Advertisement
We are not manufacturing run and we haven’t all season. We need to start playing more small ball and bunting players over.

Smith is pitching his *** off and our hitters are doing nothing to shpport his great effort. They all take too many **** pitches for strikes. You are not going to get a better pitch to git with 2 strikes so swing early in the count.

This is why you don’t put Toral and Gil back to back. They are exactly the type of hitters who do that. XBH guys who can’t run and strike out a lot have to be broken up by other guys when they aren’t your best hitters ie your 3-4.
I’d argue that you’re also currently following them with three other guys that are too similar. I’d rather go something like:
6 Toral/Gil
7 Pitelli
8 Gil/Toral
9 Lala
1 Jenkins

Advertisement
We have Born, Perez, Kayfus rotting on the bench while Pitelli and Jenkins wear a blindfold at-bat. We can continue to hope our pitching remains perfect or we can make a move.

We are not manufacturing run and we haven’t all season. We need to start playing more small ball and bunting players over.
Guys just need to do their **** job!!! Gil's job is to move Toral over to 3rd by hitting the ball to eight side. Instead he doesn't lift the bat off his shoulders until 2 strikes then takes strike 3. Inexcusable!!!

All these guys want to play pro ball, but don't execute the fundamentals that pro ball demands. If you don't execute, then you're riding the bench or cut.

Advertisement
Back