May 2 at Boston College 1pm ACCNX

Advertisement
:LOL: I swear your posts scream of a fan that just started watching the baseball program.
I've been watching for years. I'm just a realist and try not to analyze based on emotion. Last year would have been a really good team if the season wasn't canceled. All 3 ACC starters drafted. The guys we expected to deliver this year haven't and we're relying on young arms that wouldn't be ACC starters this year. They will be good the next two years.

For me, the issue is hitting. I don't like the hitting philosophy. I don't see a lot of hitting development or at least it isn't showing. The hitters look overmatched against a lot of ACC teams and hitting from a position of weakness behind in the count.

For me, the issue is hitting. I don't like the hitting philosophy. I don't see a lot of hitting development or at least it isn't showing. The hitters look overmatched against a lot of ACC teams and hitting from a position of weakness behind in the count.
Assuming Gino isn’t meddling heavily, he needs to replace Lopez with a better hitting coach.

That’s all for a very damaging series loss. There is now a considerable risk that this team misses the tournament given current form and upcoming schedule.

Advertisement
I've been watching for years. I'm just a realist and try not to analyze based on emotion. Last year would have been a really good team if the season wasn't canceled. All 3 ACC starters drafted. The guys we expected to deliver this year haven't and we're relying on young arms that wouldn't be ACC starters this year. They will be good the next two years.

You are making the assumption our freshman won't end up playing like our juniors. and that is a poor assumption.

Assuming Gino isn’t meddling heavily, he needs to replace Lopez with a better hitting coach.
I don't know what they do, but I honestly think I could do a much better job. It seems that they're just relying on raw talent and taking BP. Not saying that's what they do, but it sure looks like it.

Last edited:
You are making the assumption our freshman won't end up playing like our juniors. and that is a poor assumption.
Bingo. It's a broken record with this program dating back to 2008. All the die hards on here that have been following for decades know this. There is zero hope in sight unless you allow the recruiting rankings to blind your judgment. This team has sucked for almost a decade now. Dimare has been here the entire time, he stinks.

Advertisement
There's no reason to think that. You're assuming they won't play like the 3 ACC starters from last year playing pro ball. That just doesn't change for the worst.

Realize what it is. Throw a bunch of freshman out there and expect them to pitch like grizzled veterans is unrealistic. None of the 3 pitchers drafted last year were ACC starters as freshman and remember last year was canceled, so thise 2bd year guys are freshman as well with no summer ball.

For the record, I think we'll have the best ACC pitchers next year. We have 5 legit ACC arms.

There's no reason to think that. We have 3 ACC starters from last year playing pro ball. That just doesn't change for the worst.

For the record, I think we'll have the best ACC pitchers next year. We have 5 legit ACC arms.
Highly unlikely that is the case, if we have a staff ERA under 4 I will be happy

Highly unlikely that is the case, if we have a staff ERA under 4 I will be happy
I'm not going to rehash this argument again. Just a lot of emotional self pity that these guys are terrible, the coaches are terrible, etc.

I see it for what it is. Young arms taking their lumps in the ACC. If you want to complain about anything, it's the hitting that needs an overhaul.

Last edited:
I'm not going to rehash this argument again. Just a lot of emotional self pity that these guys are terrible, the coaches are terrible, etc.

I see it for what it is. Young arms taking their lumps in rhe ACC. If you want to complain about anything, it the hitting that needs an overhaul.
7 ERAs don't go to 3s by magic my man..... but keep beating that drum. Zero chance we have the best ACC starters next year. None.
Yes the hitting is just as bad, older hitters have regressed.

Our coaching is not at that level to just expect young arms to go from 7 ERAs the 3 ERAs in ACC play.
I like the stuff these young guys have, lets see if it translates to success next year. I'm not nearly as optimistic as you.

Last edited:
Advertisement
There's no reason to think that. You're assuming they won't play like the 3 ACC starters from last year playing pro ball. That just doesn't change for the worst.

Realize what it is. Throw a bunch of freshman out there and expect them to pitch like grizzled veterans is unrealistic. None of the 3 pitchers drafted last year were ACC starters as freshman and remember last year was canceled, so thise 2bd year guys are freshman as well with no summer ball.

Irrespective of our talent we get beat by fundamentally sound, and sometimes, inferior teams. Our fielding, baserunning, approach to the plate, situational awareness, and Dimare "strategery" are all substandard garbage.

This is a bad team....

pitching outside of Palm is awful

hitting is super erratic and at times a transfer who was essentially a nice gesture to his brother has been the most consistent hitter in the lineup

Gino needs to pull some money out of his own pockets and get the guys a real hitting coach... and JJ needs to take a look in the mirror

Advertisement
7 ERAs don't go to 3s by magic my man..... but keep beating that drum. Zero chance we have the best ACC starters next year. None.
Yes the hitting is just as bad, older hitters have regressed.

Our coaching is not at that level to just expect young arms to go from 7 ERAs the 3 ERAs in ACC play.
I like the stuff these young guys have, lets see if it translates to success next year. I'm not nearly as optimistic as you.
You don't pitch a bunch of freshman as ACC starters. If they were pitching midweek games and spot relief, you'd be oohing and awing about their future. I see the same theing in football when we throw a freshman out there and then people say he sucks, why did we take that guy?.....Ala Zion Nelson who had an NFL PFF rating of under 2 out of 100 as a freshman. Now he's being looked at as a possible 1st round draft pick.

It's like a gold glove amateur boxer whose professional career starts by being thrown into the ring against the world champion and the next 5 top contenders. It's not what you do with young talent. Get that through your head.

These young men were high draft prospects for a reason. Sit back and watch them develop.

It's frustrating to see a season like this and it's hard not to adopt a "burn it all down" mindset.

We would've had a really good team last year despite that early sweep and next year will tell if we're headed in the right direction. It's difficult to wait after all the failures.

You don't pitch a bunch of freshman as ACC starters. If they were pitching midweek games and spot relief, you'd be oohing and awing about their future. I see the same theing in football when we throw a freshman out there and then people say he sucks, why did we take that guy?.....Ala Zion Nelson who had an NFL PFF rating of under 2 out of 100 as a freshman. Now he's being looked at as a possible 1st round draft pick.

It's like a gold glove amateur boxer whose professional career starts by being thrown into the ring against the world champion and the next 5 top contenders. It's not what you do with young talent. Get that through your head.

These young men were high draft prospects for a reason. Sit back and watch them develop.
Ok Mrs. Dimare, thanks for the input....Plenty of talented Freshman succeed as weekend starters in college baseball. But keep yapping about how their 7 ERAs in ACC play are solely because they are young.

Ok Mrs. Dimare, thanks for the input....Plenty of talented Freshman succeed as weekend starters in college baseball. But keep yapping about how their 7 ERAs in ACC play are solely because they are young.
You make statements with no facts. I don't give the coaches or team a pass, You don't go blaming the freshman who shouldn't be in this position in the 1st place. I already went thru this dance with you. I'm done here.

Advertisement
Back