Maurice Smith - Saban gave in....

Advertisement
Saban didn't change his mind. The SEC changed their rule. This is bad for Bama because they are stacked with talent. They have had the best recruiting classes the past five years and are full of third and fourth year guys who would be starters at many other SEC schools. They will want out. All they have to do now is graduate. Many of them redshirted. Some were early enrollees.

I don't understand how the guy can be looked at as a 'crybaby'. He graduated and is transferring to play football and take post-graduate courses. As per NCAA rules, he should be allowed to attend any school he would like to further his education. This happens alot every year and will only happen more and more as players look to put themselves in the best position to play.

Saban's issue is that he's going to a rival school. The same school his protege is now HC of. Think about it, is Smith really gonna give UGA some insight that Smart doesn't already know?? Saban tried to kill the transfer cause he'd rather have the young man play in the nickel package for him than start for UGA and possibly have some affect when they play each other.

Really don't see why would you transfer to a school were the coaches who deprived you from playing a lot during your first 3 years will be coaching you again. Whatever at least Adrian Colbert is balling

Advertisement
There is no way this happened without the kid having dirt. Saban probably had to weigh the risk of him talking about things much more destructive than adhering to a conference policy.

Does this mean UGA kids can come to Miami now or naw? What's Curby gona say?

This a smart move by Saban. He's wiping his hands clean, and making the SEC make the decision . (Special exemption) which will probably not happen. Total PR move. Instead of looking bad the SEC conference will.

So let me get this right...

Its OK for Smart to take a transfer of a former player and from an SEC school into his SEC school...

BUT

Its NOT OK for his players to transfer to another conference school and former coach??

$#@#$# hypocrite!

Advertisement
So let me get this right...

Its OK for Smart to take a transfer of a former player and from an SEC school into his SEC school...

BUT

Its NOT OK for his players to transfer to another conference school and former coach??

$#@#$# hypocrite!

exactly, I hope Smart gets raped by a rhino that pos. I don't understand how some body from South Fl would ever go to GA after he blocked Miami . Fck him

I don't understand how the guy can be looked at as a 'crybaby'. He graduated and is transferring to play football and take post-graduate courses. As per NCAA rules, he should be allowed to attend any school he would like to further his education. This happens alot every year and will only happen more and more as players look to put themselves in the best position to play.

Saban's issue is that he's going to a rival school. The same school his protege is now HC of. Think about it, is Smith really gonna give UGA some insight that Smart doesn't already know?? Saban tried to kill the transfer cause he'd rather have the young man play in the nickel package for him than start for UGA and possibly have some affect when they play each other.

What makes you think he will start for UGA? I doubt he will

Familiarity with the system and terminology they run means he won't have a learning curve on the field. Smart and Tucker were his coaches last year. The transition will be connecting with his teammates, and that will be no more difficult at UGA than it would have been at Miami. In fact, it will probably be even easier ... He comes across as a guy who really wants to be at UGA. I suspect the other UGA players will respect that.

Saban used to pushing underprivileged parents and kids around, Smith and his mom had brains on them and took the topic to the media, saban's a bully manipulator, glad he got worked

Advertisement
Yeah i see this not as Saban giving in but basically putting in the SEC's hands to deny the kid.

Saban can always say, " hey we released him, but it was the league that said no."

Familiarity with the system and terminology they run means he won't have a learning curve on the field. Smart and Tucker were his coaches last year. The transition will be connecting with his teammates, and that will be no more difficult at UGA than it would have been at Miami. In fact, it will probably be even easier ... He comes across as a guy who really wants to be at UGA. I suspect the other UGA players will respect that.

This. Im gonna assume he was one of kirby smart's "guys" or it wouldnt make sense for him to go to UGA. He can help make the coaching transition alot easier by selling to the players what smart is teaching

Advertisement
I don't think it's over. ,just because Saban releases him doesn't mean the SEC will. They probably won't but who knows. Would set a bad precedent. They only do this in unusual circumstances this not being one of them. Or maybe actually graduating from Alabama is a special circumstance.

I agree, the way this went down and against Saban? No kid will be scared to so thisand take it to another level so the SEC needs to shut this down

Shut what down? They're STUDENT athletes. The scholarship papers they sign give them 4 years. And a **** like Saban cuts kids at an alarming rate and doesn't hold up his end of the bargain unless you're a star but now that a kid does everything he's supposed to do, graduates, and per NCAA rules is allowed to transfer with limited or no restrictions it's a problem? Please.

NCAA transfer rules are horse**** in the first place. Make no mistake about it...most of the time when guys 'transfer' they've been cut and told their scholarships won't be renewed. So these schools are cutting kids and then controlling where they can or can't go. It's the equivalent of dumping your chick and then trying to control who she can and can't date. Only weak men would support that bull****.

This. Im gonna assume he was one of kirby smart's "guys" or it wouldnt make sense for him to go to UGA. He can help make the coaching transition alot easier by selling to the players what smart is teaching

They liked him so much they started a true freshman over him that wasnt an early enrollee... They want him for Depth thats it..I wouldnt be suprised if he didnt start at all.UGA's deepest position is DB

Advertisement
Back