Maurice Smith - Saban gave in....

Looks like Alabama and Saban gave in and cleared him to transfer to where ever he wants to go..... I guess Miami has no shot now, right?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Now notSmart has to play him. GA's db chemistry going to be as strong as Jesse Pinkman at beginning of season 1.

I don't think it's over. ,just because Saban releases him doesn't mean the SEC will. They probably won't but who knows. Would set a bad precedent. They only do this in unusual circumstances this not being one of them. Or maybe actually graduating from Alabama is a special circumstance.

Now notSmart has to play him. GA's db chemistry going to be as strong as Jesse Pinkman at beginning of season 1.

Not just play him he has to start,he was going to play plenty at Bama.This is a situation where he can go in and start and upgrade the secondary or get beat and be a little pain in the *** the next 4 months.

Advertisement
Still wondering why more media hasn't picked up on smart not allowing kids to follow richt but will allow him to come to Georgia. He will try and claim he's a grad transfer but isn't that a moot point??

College football is scared to death of players unionizing over labor rights. I'm sure the SEC brass made Saban cave. It could only take a few similar incidents like this to start a wave of negative press that could force the NCAA to start treating players like actual employees with the right to work. It's only fair if they're counting scholarships as a wage.

Advertisement
I don't think it's over. ,just because Saban releases him doesn't mean the SEC will. They probably won't but who knows. Would set a bad precedent. They only do this in unusual circumstances this not being one of them. Or maybe actually graduating from Alabama is a special circumstance.

I agree with you on the SEC's view it may set a bad precedent. Not a legal scholar, but if allowed for one, then why not all moving forward. I think telling kids that if you graduate, you regain your rights like any other student and can go where you want without obstruction is a positive to kids graduating.

I agree, the way this went down and against Saban? No kid will be scared to so thisand take it to another level so the SEC needs to shut this down

Advertisement
Back