Matthew Thomas

You dont think Grace has a chance to be a better LB for us?

Grace can be very good, but no he won't be on the level of Thomas. This isn't "hype". He is really that good

People said the same thing about DJ Williams and Vilma. DJ was the GOD and Vilma was a solid kid who could be very good. Some kids just peak earlier than others. Im not saying Thomas isnt a beast, and COULD be here. Just that its hard to project how these kids will pan out. Some kids who looks like super studs now may have already peaked, and while they can do well, may not be able to move beyond where they are now, whereas other kids, could develop further and really blow past the current "studs".

Pete is too young to know about the Willie "Mr Everything" Williams fiasco

That's the scary thing with Thomas is that he hasn't peaked

Advertisement

Grace can be very good, but no he won't be on the level of Thomas. This isn't "hype". He is really that good

People said the same thing about DJ Williams and Vilma. DJ was the GOD and Vilma was a solid kid who could be very good. Some kids just peak earlier than others. Im not saying Thomas isnt a beast, and COULD be here. Just that its hard to project how these kids will pan out. Some kids who looks like super studs now may have already peaked, and while they can do well, may not be able to move beyond where they are now, whereas other kids, could develop further and really blow past the current "studs".

I will never forget being 12 years old, thinking Willie Williams was the GOAT and he was gonna end up being my favorite player, I went to the first practice of the year with my dad at 7 am and saw that man child and was like dad "omg its Willie Williams!!!!!"

Then reality striked

I will never forget being 12 years old, thinking Willie Williams was the GOAT and he was gonna end up being my favorite player, I went to the first practice of the year with my dad at 7 am and saw that man child and was like dad "omg its Willie Williams!!!!!"

Then reality striked

LOL. Yeah, don't fall in love with star rankings. Get em in and on Greentree, and see what you have.

Six months ago Tracy Howard was going to start from day 1 and the staff had no idea what they were doing because they were playing Bush at the wrong position. And Lockhart was going to be the high-impact freshman at WR. And Hamilton was more ready than McCord. We could go all day with this stuff.

NFL scouts, with 4 years of ESPN tape, fully developed kids, the combine, wonderlic, workouts, interviews, etc etc **** up 50% of the time in the draft. Now try it with HS kids with all the NCAA rules hanging around your neck. Don't fall for a ratings system developed and listed by former mailmen and guys who for the most part aren't qualified to coach HS or write for a real publication. Mostly jock sniffers who found a way to make a nickel of us.

And then Duke Johnson was going to be all-everything was a freshman and be the best freshman in Miami history.

And then he was.

Advertisement
And then Duke Johnson was going to be all-everything was a freshman and be the best freshman in Miami history.

And then he was.

actually i think he may have surpasssed expectatiosn

Because the coaches put him in the right position to succeed. Also, Coach D doesn't know what he's doing but the freshmen were balling out. Deon Bush was just shy of being ACC Defensive Rookie of the Year. Obviously his poor coaching and scheme was the reason for that.

Siap, but I like our chances boys...:
image.jpg

Advertisement
Im not goin 2 say his name, in fear of dying. But hes in this picture.

http://canesinsight.co/attachment.php?attachmentid=18178&d=1354140087

And then he was.

Conversley he was ranked behind a lot of RB's for most of his recruiting life and didn't even become an elite recruit until well after his HS career ended.

And then he was.

Conversley he was ranked behind a lot of RB's for most of his recruiting life and didn't even become an elite recruit until well after his HS career ended.

Yeah and any Miami fan with a brain who also followed recruiting and HS football knew that he was going to be a beast and was an incredible recruit, just like we all know that Thomas is going to be a beast. Unless you think that UM fans only got excited about Duke when he became a 5 star and that they are excited about Matthew Thomas because he is a 5 star too, and not how either he or Duke played on the field.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement

Then reality striked

I believe that was the last time Donna bent the rules to allow a so called Son of Miami to enroll in UM..

/useless tidbit

Advertisement
Back