Matthew Thomas

Advertisement
"I like ... how they breed linebackers to the NFL ..."

huh?

MV5BMjAwOTQ3MDE5Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDAzMjA0MQ@@._V1._SY317_CR4,0,214,317_.jpg

Advertisement
Same article

Thomas, the No 1-ranked player in the Sentinel's 2013 Miami-Dade Super60 and the No. 9 player in the Sentinel's 2013 Florida Top 100, was on an unofficial visit to Coral Gables on Wednesday for another glimpse at the Hurricanes.
"It was good. I was watching the players work out. I was talking to the coaches. I liked it," Thomas said. "I liked what I’ve seen because they’ve been working hard trying to get back to win a national championship again, trying to bring that back to Miami."

And he said that sort of mentality could perhaps swing his favoritism.

Advertisement
The bottom line is he's the type of player the opposing offensive coordinator mentions in his gameplan.

^^^Thanks USFCane.

You have to laugh at what some kids consider hi-lights. My point being, there's one play towards the start where he completely misses the ball carrier in the backfield for a loss and then tackles them 25-30 yards downfield.

Granted the catch-up speed is good, but still...hope your *** is making that tackle after missing him in the backfield and letting him go that far.

That being said, good prospect, definetely want; just had to say something.

Actually, I think you're off here. My understanding is that film was from a single game. If that's the case, you can really tell how much he pops off the screen. It's nearly 3 minutes long and it was a spring game. While you reference a specific play where he missed the tackle, that play is a highlight because it indicates that weird speed he uses to glide around the field. What's more is what the video actually shows as evidence. He made nearly 11 impact plays from what I counted, was in on another half dozen or more, and probably only had something like 30-40 snaps for that type of spring game scenario.

Guys around here know I don't usually blow sunshine up the asses of recruits, but when a guy pops off the screen...he pops off the screen. It doesn't mean he's certainly a superstar, but if he gains weight and does the right things....

...I'll give a better perspective when I see him in person a few times this year and in All-star games. The last time I raised an eyebrow and was this curious about a defensive prospect was Corey Lemonier. I think Lemonier is a borderline top 15 pick in next year's draft.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back