Matt Rhule

Advertisement
If you remember he took Baylor from complete and utter shambles after the sexual assault mess and did turn it around.
Yeah, BU went 11-3 and finished 12th in the country in his third and final season.

Al Golden and Manny Diaz did not and have not accomplished anything close to that at UM.

Rhule did a solid job of making the mess he inherited at Baylor into a solid program but he wasn’t there long enough to prove it wasn’t smoke and mirrors. His big year was 2019 when the Bears went 11-3. They had 3 games against ranked opponents (Oklahoma twice and Georgia in the bowl) and lost all three. Their season started with easy wins against Stephen F Austin and UTSA followed by an 8 point win against traditional powerhouse, Rice. In conference play, they had a two point win against Iowa State, three point victories against Texas Tech and West Virginia and a six point win against TCU. We all know one possession games can come down to literally the bounce of a ball so I’m always going to be leery about how good a team would be if their luck was just a tiny bit worse. We’ve seen it happen here when close victories in 2017 and 2020 turned into close losses in 2018 and 2021.

I wouldn't rhule him out.
Joke Reaction GIF by Travis

Advertisement
What I love about the board is its short memory. We all know, of course, Rhule came to Temple with Golden and coached under him for four years.

Advertisement
The NFL has worked him out and the offence is regressing.

He's walking a very, very thin line. He put up 3 points against the NYG.
No, Sam Darnold can’t handle pressure which makes him very inaccurate and the panthers have the worst interior line in the nfl. Scott Fitterer is actively trying to trade and upgrade the offensive line. Joe Brady is going nowhere.

If Rhule is interested in the Miami job, you make it happen. A good AD would be reaching out to his agent and gauging interest. That said, he would be up for every big money job and I think he would demand a premium payday. Miami has to hire a coach and have enough over left to hire an elite staff around him. Blowing your budget on the big name coach and then not giving him the funds needed to have legit assistants kinds is pointless.

This is all moot if a donor steps up and singlehandedly cuts the check for the HC, putting the school on the hook for the assistants. You'd think the powers that be would be in Soffer's ear if Rhule was in play, and try to squeeze some additional funding out of her.

Advertisement
47-43 career record

55-58*

No thank you
Tell me that you don't actually watch college football without telling me. Baylor was in shambles when he got there. Utter and complete shambles after the Briles sexual assault scandal. People were thinking that they were going to be awful for years to come, he got them turned around quickly. Won at Temple. Taking rebuilds tends to distort your record.

No, Sam Darnold can’t handle pressure which makes him very inaccurate and the panthers have the worst interior line in the nfl. Scott Fitterer is actively trying to trade and upgrade the offensive line. Joe Brady is going nowhere.
The Vikings DBs were running the routes for the Panthers WRs. Everyone since has locked down the offence.

Darnold can handle pressure fine, he can't handle the abuse he's received behind that Oline (his mechanics have crumbled as a result). Brady has done zero to counter it - no screens, no rollouts. Teams sit on the short routes because they know Brady is all about that 3-5 step drop.

Das wunderkind has been rumbled. Charlie Bucket needs to **** off I'm afraid.

Tell me that you don't actually watch college football without telling me. Baylor was in shambles when he got there. Utter and complete shambles after the Briles sexual assault scandal. People were thinking that they were going to be awful for years to come, he got them turned around quickly. Won at Temple. Taking rebuilds tends to distort your record.

I was mocking him for mocking Mark Stoops record

Advertisement
Not much different than Jimmy Johnson pre Miami
Oklahoma State Cowboys (Big Eight Conference) (1979–1983)
1979Oklahoma State7–45–23rd
1980Oklahoma State3–7–12–4–15th
1981Oklahoma State7–54–3T–3rdL Independence
1982Oklahoma State4–5–23–2–23rd
1983Oklahoma State8–43–44thW Astro-Bluebonnet18
Oklahoma State:29–25–317–15–3
And better than Dennis Erickson, except for his years at Idaho. BTW you look at the Washington record and ask how he got the Miami job
TeamOverallConferenceStandingBowl/playoffsCoaches#AP°
Idaho Vandals (Big Sky Conference) (1982–1985)
1982Idaho9–45–2T–1stL Div. I-AA Quarterfinal
1983Idaho8–34–3T–3rd
1984Idaho6–54–3T–3rd
1985Idaho9–36–11stL Div. I-AA First Round
Idaho:32–1519–9
Wyoming Cowboys (Western Athletic Conference) (1986)
1986Wyoming6–64–4T–4th
Wyoming:6–64–4
Washington State Cougars (Pacific-10 Conference) (1987–1988)
1987Washington State3–7–11–5–19th
1988Washington State9–35–3T–3rdW Aloha1616
Washington State:12–10–16–8–1
Everybody moans and groans about successful P5 candidates when two of the greatest were far from that.

See above post

The Vikings DBs were running the routes for the Panthers WRs. Everyone since has locked down the offence.

Darnold can handle pressure fine, he can't handle the abuse he's received behind that Oline (his mechanics have crumbled as a result). Brady has done zero to counter it - no screens, no rollouts. Teams sit on the short routes because they know Brady is all about that 3-5 step drop.

Das wunderkind has been rumbled. Charlie Bucket needs to **** off I'm afraid.
Robbie Anderson with drops consistently as the #2 and no real #3 as they double DJ Moore. No, Darnold can’t handle pressure fine. He has zero pocket awareness. They should have resigned Samuel instead of giving Anderson an extension. 3-5 step drops equals quick release which Sam doesn’t do as he tends to hold onto the ball. We can’t even push the ball downfield bc Sam is so inaccurate. Add in with the drops to missing wide open guys… you get these type of results. They “figured out” Sean McVay too they said, now look. Joe Brady is not the issue. Anyway, the topic is about Rhule and we are turning it into a Carolina Panthers sob story lol.

Advertisement
Back