Matt Rhule Fired. Nebraska Bound?

Advertisement
They win ONE more game they make a bowl… again winning at Kansas and could be undefeated.

Sure “flavor of the week”

Oh, I know how many games it takes to make a bowl game. That's why I said it.

He is the winner of the Norm Chow Memorial Flavor of the Week Award.

Didn’t they fire him and Shula ? It was different ownership for whatever reason that popped in my head when I read your post.
Yeah but how much of that was Rivera just needing a scapegoat vs firing Dorsey for being a bad QB coach. Shula, on the other hand, sucks as an OC and deserved to be fired.

If Daboll's Giants continue to over perform then it's hard to imagine Dorsey doesn't get a shot at an HC next year.

Advertisement
Leipold has done an unreal job everywhere he has been and now he has Kansas looking pretty good...esp for Kansas.

But sometimes certain coaches arent great fits for reasons beyond X's and O'. If I am a Southeastern school I am making him have 2-3 good years at Kansas before I am sold on him.

Now If Leonard doesnt win out or close to it at Wisconsin they should go get him ASAP and convince Leonard to stay on board. Although I am sure he is talking to Nebraska as well.

Yeah but how much of that was Rivera just needing a scapegoat vs firing Dorsey for being a bad QB coach. Shula, on the other hand, sucks as an OC and deserved to be fired.

If Daboll's Giants continue to over perform then it's hard to imagine Dorsey doesn't get a shot at an HC next year.
He was a scapegoat. If I’m Dorsey I pass on that gig if they do approach him. He’s in a great spot and will have his pick of the litter in a couple years. I’d ride Josh Allen to a really good job. No offense Oldham. Btw your Daboll reasoning makes sense. It’s a copy cat league and he could be the next offensive HC that everyone wants to take his protégés.

Last edited:
Ken Dorsey to Carolina. You heard it here first.
People might laugh at this but it's not crazy- especially if Buffalo wins a Super Bowl but even disirregardless of that one just needs to know that David Tepper will be part of the process. I could see Kenny impressing him- especially if the list of available "proven" former NFL head coaches is unimpressive or non-existent as I bet he doesn't replace Rhule with another former college HC.

Leipold has done an unreal job everywhere he has been and now he has Kansas looking pretty good...esp for Kansas.

But sometimes certain coaches arent great fits for reasons beyond X's and O'. If I am a Southeastern school I am making him have 2-3 good years at Kansas before I am sold on him.

Now If Leonard doesnt win out or close to it at Wisconsin they should go get him ASAP and convince Leonard to stay on board. Although I am sure he is talking to Nebraska as well.
I sincerely doubt he is interested in Nebraska. He turned down the Packers DC position to stay in Madison.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Oh I agree. I meant Leopold. I am sure Nebraska has reached out. He has coached there.

Leonard is probably a lifer unless he has some secret dream school
Will be interesting to see what happens with Leopold. He has a real track record and is getting all the buzz right now.

My view is that you can only go so far as a football coach at a basketball school, but maybe Kansas is really serious about the football program? They do have $300 million worth of upgrades coming. Wonder if their goal is to get into the Big 10?

Advertisement
If i have to hear about Nick Saban losing to Louisian Monroe one more mfing time...

latest

Advertisement
Didn’t they fire him and Shula ? It was different ownership for whatever reason that popped in my head when I read your post.
I mean we also let Beane and McDermott go, so we clearly don't know what the **** we're doing.

I suspect Tepper will want an experienced NFL HC this time round - he's probably already put feelers out to Payton (but the Saints would want the world in Draft compensation).

Advertisement
Back